onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

15 hours ago, toyahw said:

That would be a good one. But I think, could be wrong, that Dillion is mandatory now after Fury/Josh x2? Ruiz and Wilder are yesterday's men for me. Fury, Josh is where it is at.

Absolutely. Although at this point I'm sick and tired about hearing the Joshua-Fury fight being agreed now. I'll believe it when both boxers are in the ring together 

Been over 3 years of this saga. Too much money and greed from the promotions 

Advert

2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I'm sick and tired about hearing the Joshua-Fury fight being agreed now. I'll believe it when both boxers are in the ring together 

Been over 3 years of this saga. Too much money and greed from the promotions 

Agreed. They all say they want to "get it on".  Well do it! It's not like Tyson and Josh are going to die of starvation based on the split. Eddie Hearn is after filling his pockets here. He is a right  empire building twerp. It will end up a blood money fight in Saudi, Qatar, Yemen. You name it.

Whoever stumps up the most cash. Boxing has always been this way. They do not give a flying about "the fans".

TV deals, state subsidy, $$$$$ is all that matters.

Edited by toyahw

30 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Frampton retires after losing to Herring tonight. 

Sad to see him go out like that. Fighting in a dark and depressing room on channel 5 

Frampton, very good but not great.  Not good enough to overcome the size advantage tonight. Also pre-fight his heart didn't seem in it to be honest. 

Good decision to retire. Let's hope he stays that way. His time has gone. Hopefully he has enough cash in the bank.

8 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Frampton, very good but not great.  Not good enough to overcome the size advantage tonight. Also pre-fight his heart didn't seem in it to be honest. 

Good decision to retire. Let's hope he stays that way. His time has gone. Hopefully he has enough cash in the bank.

Agreed. Not been the same since the Warrington fight.

One last payday before he retired , can't fault him.

Very surprised BT didn't pick it up though, shame he couldn't finish it at a packed Windsor Park with his fans but that's life now 

On 10/04/2021 at 22:25, boslemportvale91 said:

Great performance by young Conor Benn tonight. The hype is real I believe, big fan of him 

With the kelly fight unlikely to happen. Khan next? 

The 2021 Amir Khan would get smashed up within a couple of rounds. I want to see him up against Broner. A winnable fight but Broner is nothing if not tough and durable, and he will also hit you back. Definitely a step up, but not a crazy one, like Shawn Porter would be right now.

On 10/04/2021 at 17:25, boslemportvale91 said:

Great performance by young Conor Benn tonight. The hype is real I believe, big fan of him 

With the kelly fight unlikely to happen. Khan next? 

6 hours ago, Beech said:

The 2021 Amir Khan would get smashed up within a couple of rounds. I want to see him up against Broner. A winnable fight but Broner is nothing if not tough and durable, and he will also hit you back. Definitely a step up, but not a crazy one, like Shawn Porter would be right now.

Conor Benn does look a good prospect but the only way to find out is to take him up in class. Broner is a good shout, Danny Garcia is another although he may be better later. Some juicy fights at Welterweight for Conor Benn in the future.

On 17/04/2021 at 21:16, Paul6754 said:

Conor Benn does look a good prospect but the only way to find out is to take him up in class. Broner is a good shout, Danny Garcia is another although he may be better later. Some juicy fights at Welterweight for Conor Benn in the future.

Both Broner and Garcia would be big tests for him, but I'd say he has a chance against both. Garcia is massively experienced and has a peach of a hook, and would be a danger throughout, but I could definitely see Benn busting him up.

Edited by Beech

• 2 weeks later...

Thought Derek got done there. Parker must be one of the most limited, boring, lucky boxers to have ever got any kind of billing.  Ridiculous. Where do they get these judges from? NZ?

Edited by toyahw

Just now, toyahw said:

Thought Derek got done there. Parker must be one of the most limited, boring, lucky boxers to have ever got any kind of billing.  Ridiculous.

Painful watching Parker fight. I get why he does it but as a viewer , Christ he could cure insomnia. 

Taylor-Jonas was a fantastic bout.

Saw the Erislandy Lara fight was on so taped it, didn't know Ruiz vs Arriola was on. Boxing is so fragmented over here, don't know what's on and on what channel.

Erislandy Lara produced a 1st round KO to beat Thomas Lamanna to win the WBA World Middleweight title, looked like a mis-match to me but didn't last long enough to decide. Landy could be a future opponent for GGG.

Canelo vs Billie Joe Saunders next week, the cynic in me says the judges have already been sorted but must admit I don't think they'll be needed unless BJ is at his slippery best.