onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting fight tonight between Luke Campbell and American pin up boy Ryan Garcia. Its only £2 to watch on DAZN UK, and the fight despite being in America will be on around 11pm our time instead of the usual 4 or 5am in the morning!

Campbell is a very good, solid fighter and is the best fighter Garcia has faced yet by far, but Garcia looks pound for pound material, albeit against lesser fighters. Will be interesting to see of Campbell somewhat exposes in or whether he's blown away by Garcia and the hype is justified. You don't beat Luke Campbell unless you're world-class.

Edited by TylerB

On 02/01/2021 at 10:48, TylerB said:

Very interesting fight tonight between Luke Campbell and American pin up boy Ryan Garcia. Its only £2 to watch on DAZN UK, and the fight despite being in America will be on around 11pm our time instead of the usual 4 or 5am in the morning!

Campbell is a very good, solid fighter and is the best fighter Garcia has faced yet by far, but Garcia looks pound for pound material, albeit against lesser fighters. Will be interesting to see of Campbell somewhat exposes in or whether he's blown away by Garcia and the hype is justified. You don't beat Luke Campbell unless you're world-class.

Game performance by Luke Campbell, I felt that left hook to the body myself. 

Big fan of Campbell,  he did well against loma as well. Garcia has a bright future ahead of him if looked after and has the right fights picked. Critics are already hyping him as the next de la hoya (minus the outside antics) 

Ryan Garcia, Gervonta Davis and Shakur Stevenson. Some serious decent young talent from America at the minute.

• Like 1

On 09/01/2021 at 21:02, Paul6754 said:

Game performance by Luke Campbell, I felt that left hook to the body myself. 

He's a very good fighter. Probably lacks a bit of knockout power which is what has kept him just below the world-class level.

Garcia will be superb to watch, although I think he's going to be someone who will end up with a fair few L's on his record down the line.

• 1 month later...

Big upset against Warrington tonight. Fair play to Lara , everyone wrote him off from the start and he absolutely dominated Warrington. 

Not sure what was up with Warrington tonight but being out for so long did him no favours. You could say he should have been pulled after the first knock down. 

Edited by boslemportvale91

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Brutal defeat for Kelly tonight. Good call by the corner to throw in the towel especially after the Warrington fight.

I like Kelly but could tell straight away he was gonna tank early on. Went for it in the early rounds and paid for it especially against a quality fighter like Avaneson.

True. Not great for  English boxers at this time. They all seem very undercooked and with an excuse story at hand.  To be fair they have come up against decent stuff. But very poor stuff.

They are better than this. And they know it.

Edited by toyahw

On 20/02/2021 at 23:32, boslemportvale91 said:

Brutal defeat for Kelly tonight. Good call by the corner to throw in the towel especially after the Warrington fight.

I like Kelly but could tell straight away he was gonna tank early on. Went for it in the early rounds and paid for it especially against a quality fighter like Avaneson.

Nowhere near as good as he believed he was. He looks great against poor opponents but doesn't have the power or defense to take him beyond European level. Needs improve massively if he's to ever get near to a word title.

• Like 1

Otto Wallin beat Dominic Breazeale in CT on Saturday night, Breazeale didn't look up for the fight and was well beaten.

On the same card Adrien Broner beat Jonavie Santiago on points, shocking decision as the punch count was 97-207 in favor of Santiago. To my eyes Broner didn't throw and quality punches.

17 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Canelo fighting Avni Yildirim in a mandatory defense of his WBA and WBC Super Middleweight titles on Saturday in Miami. Yildirim was KO'd in the 3rd by Chris Eubank Jr so I won't be paying to watch this one.

Done in 1-2 rounds easy. Pointless fight 

You have to imagine BJS is next for Canelo 

Local lad Heaney on the undercard on Saturday night BT boxing. I believe Tommy Fury is the main event/Co main event.

While he is a Sjoke fan, it's always good to see local talent especially on a televised event. 

The last stoke lad who was on sky didn't do any favours for himself with that post match interview. Fair play to him for turning his life around though 

Edited by boslemportvale91