onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Loma got his tactics wrong on Saturday, hardly threw a punch for the first 6 rounds and gave himself a mountain to climb, he can't have any complaints about losing. Loma clearly won the 2nd half of the fight and I agreed with Andre Ward's card of 116 to 114 for Lopez. The 119-109 and 117-111 scorecards are an embarrassment, what fight were those judges watching. 

Boxing needs to come up with a different method of judging a fight.

Advert

I was tempted to stay up for the Loma fight, glad I didn't now. Some did say he shouldn't take the fight after some ring dust and instead a much easier one. Fair play to lopez though,  someone with a massive career if managed right. 

The Judge is being investigated now i believe after an image leaked of him on his phone during the fight. Rightfully so , not a chance Ritson won that fight 

Agree with the judges. To many big fights have been ruined because of this , Canelo GGG II springs to mind. Maybe an official or a ref outside the ring to over rule the judges in certain decisions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Kell Brook has a tough fight on his hands against Terence Crawford tonight, most peoples best pound for pound boxer at the moment. I can't see Kell winning but hope he doesn't take any more damage to his head/eyes. 

Can't see Brook lasting long sadly. One big pay out before his retirement i imagine. 

His fights against GGG and Erroll Spence really knocked him back over the years. 

Looking forward to the Katie Taylor fight earlier as well. Good to see Matchroom promoting more womens boxing just a shame all the outdated Boomers have to run it down  

Thought Kell Brook did well in the first 3 rounds. But then Crawford got warmed up and absolutely pummeled him. Well done to the ref for stopping it early. I noticed they had VAR like system tonight. Hopefully not as controversial as the football version.

Crawford- Spence Jr has to happen now to really prove who's the best Welterweight. 

Credit to Brook. Fought Golovkin , Spence and Crawford in four years and gave them a good fight. Perhaps its time he retires before he permantly damages his eye sight. Shame we never got Brook-Khan in the end.

Edited by boslemportvale91
  • Like 2

Brook has not been the fighter he was for a few years now, mainly due to the injuries. 

But the night he beat undefeated Shawn Porter in Vegas was one of the finest displays I can remember from a Brit on the other side of the pond. Nothing was in his favour that night, apart from having a heart like a lion and a steely Sheffield determination to win. 

As mentioned above, the time is now probably right to hang up the gloves. 

• Like 2

Yep Kell did well for the first 3 rounds but Crawford showed he has at least one other gear to go up. I too was glad the ref stopped it quickly, no point in Kell suffering more damage.

Errol Spence fights Danny Garcia on 5th December which will be a great fight to watch, I think Spence will win and then hopefully we'll get the fight everyone wants to see, Crawford vs Spence.

Must admit having no fans inside the stadium/arena really detracts from the boxing. 

I thought it was weird Crawford was allowed his family in the arena. Not exactly calling it in the middle for both fighters.  

Looking forward to the Garcia-Spence fight should a good one.

Big fight this weekend for young Benn. Massive step up in German fighter Formella who has only lost once and that was to Shawn Porter  

On 21/11/2020 at 18:03, boslemportvale91 said:

Solid fight by Conor Benn tonight. Shades of his father with his performance especially with a step up in formella. 

Potential to be a big star if promoted right and not rushed. Benn vs Josh Kelly would make a decent fight 

Watched the highlights from this and other fights and he looks a real good prospect for the future.  He seems to fight like his dad, tons of aggression, vicious hooks and only forward gears. 

Never forget the Nigel Benn vs Gerald McClelland fight, as brutal a fight as I've ever seen. Benn's heart got him through. 

• Like 1

The Dubois hype train is finally over. Credit to Joyce, wrote off by a lot of people including myself but he boxed very clever tonight. 

That Mike Tyson exhibition has some ridiculous rules and a youtuber against a retired basketball player as a co main event. Will be giving it a miss but have to say Tyson looks to be in credible shape.

Edited by boslemportvale91

On 28/11/2020 at 19:19, boslemportvale91 said:

The Dubois hype train is finally over. Credit to Joyce, wrote off by a lot of people including myself but he boxed very clever tonight. 

That Mike Tyson exhibition has some ridiculous rules and a youtuber against a retired basketball player as a co main event. Will be giving it a miss but have to say Tyson looks to be in credible shape.

I wish Iron Mike would pack it in, just laughable.