onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

I actually fear for Fury if he actually does what he says he's gonna do and try and knock Wilder out in the first few rounds as he will undoubtedly give Wilder chances to land big and that would  be a huge mistake. Fascinating contest just hope both of them come out of it without serious injury.

Advert

AT LAST!!!

THE most unskilled heavyweight champion I have seen has finally been smashed, and his gob-shyyte spouting about being one of the best of all time was rammed down his throat. Luis Ortiz all-but beat Wilder in their 1st fight but ran out of gas just as he had the win in his hands.

Get in there Tyson!

Fury was utterly magnificent. Completely dominated and outboxed Wilder (again!) and made him look the p1ss-poor boxer that he is. 

F**k a 3rd fight between these two - got to be a Fury-Joshua unification fight for all the belts.

Britain rules the heavyweight division!

• Like 1

Sensational performance from Fury !

I think we’re all aware that the Brit is the better boxer, but I never expected him to take the fight to Wilder in such a dramatic way and put him on his backside so early in the fight.

Tyson dominated from the first bell and this is one of the most complete performances I’ve seen for quite some time.

He was out of sight on the scorecard and for the American’s corner to throw the towel in with nearly have the fight to go is incredible ! Especially when Wilder’s punching prowess may still have turned the bout around.

But Wilder was outboxed, outfought, out thought and overpowered. I don’t think I have missed anything have I ?

Sublime performance. What will AJ think watching that ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Wow wasn't expecting that. Absolute masterclass from Fury , bullied wilder the whole fight. 

Heavyweight boxing is the best it's been in years. 

Imagine fury vs AJ at Wembley.

Or possibly under the roof at the millennium ? That would create some noise and atmosphere !

But one thing is for certain this fight has to happen, especially being an all Brit affair.  We’ve been robbed of AJ v Wilder for 2 years. Don’t let AJ v Fury slip by ! 

But if Fury/Wilder III does happen, where does that leave Joshua for 2020 ?

2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I believe Pulev is mandatory for one of the belts. 

Usyk name was being mentioned fighting Joshua as well. 

Definitely agree about AJ and Fury it simply has to happen now 

Pulev is currently Joshua's next fight, as the mandatory for the IBF (I think).

A plus of this is that Pulev & Fury share the same promoter, Bob Arum, so Pulev could easily be made to stand aside for a Fury-Joshua unification bout.

The only spanner in the works is if Wilder takes up the Fury rematch clause, that he has 30 days to activate. He shouldn't, as he's been comprehensively outboxed & outclassed twice by Fury, and shown up to be an amateur-like, unskilled one-trick pony (.......admittedly a very powerful right-hand one trick!)

You just know that he's going to take the rematch though & a heavyweight unification will get delayed even longer.

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Thanks 1

Wilder triggers his rematch clause sadly. Dillian Whyte is mandatory for WBC, needs to fought by Feb 2021. So any uni fight is mid 2021 earliest sadly.

On his day Fury is class above. The question is, will he be on it? For example will he be up for a third Wilder fight, when he's beaten him out of sight twice.

I fear we will be denied Fury/Josh.

I went to the Manchester arena last night for the Quigg/Carroll fight.

Carroll pretty much dominated the fight with some brutal shots which led to Quigg corner throwing in the towel. Sadly for Quigg this could his last fight

Hughie Fury was also on the undercard. I always fount it strange when matchroom signed him 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/04/2020 at 12:40, boslemportvale91 said:

Local Fighter Nathan Heaney has been signed By Frank Warren . Hes currently 10-0 , seems a nice lad and is very passionate about the stoke area. 

Shame hes a stoke fan but well done to the lad. 

Hope he does well and makes enough money to make himself financially secure. Out of his 10 opponents just 2 of them have winning records.