onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

GGG vs Canelo rematch on 5th May.

Amir Khan scheduled to fight a Canadian named Phil; le Greco on 18 April in Liverpool.

Le Greco has a decent record of 31-28-3-0 with 15 KO's but he looks to be an ordinary fighter. He's lost to anyone with a decent record and the majority of his wins are over boxers with very ordinary records.

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Paid to watch Groves v Eubank Junior last night. There was a huge gulf in ability with Eubank only offering braveness to keep going and throwing hay makers that miss by feet. Somehow Groves did himself an injury and dislocated his shoulder in the last round. Even then Eubank couldn't hit him. One has to suppose that Groves will stay world champion until a top level boxer emerges, as I don't think he is a great.

Paid to watch Groves v Eubank Junior last night. There was a huge gulf in ability with Eubank only offering braveness to keep going and throwing hay makers that miss by feet. Somehow Groves did himself an injury and dislocated his shoulder in the last round. Even then Eubank couldn't hit him. One has to suppose that Groves will stay world champion until a top level boxer emerges, as I don't think he is a great.

Warren there are boxers around at this weight who would be a tough test for George groves, David Benavidez and Gilberto Ramirez to name two, just depends if the promoters can make it happen sand the boxers want it.

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible joshua..esque fight last Saturday night between Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz, Wilder KO'd Ortiz in the 10th after being virtually down and out in the 7th.

The match between Wilder and Joshua will be mega, may happen this year depending on the Joshua/Parker fight. Wilder's straight right hand is a game changer.

• 2 weeks later...
Dillian Whyte beats Browne with a brutal knockout, he was out cold even sky didn't replay the KO.

Onto a title match with Wilder next?

Didn't see the whole Dillian Whyte/Browne fight but the KO was brutal.

Looking forward to the Joshua/Parker fight. Parker hasn't fought a top tier boxer and his last three fights have gone the distance, Joshua for me by TKO unless Parker gets lucky.

AJ deservedly won on points IMHO over a tricky/awkward Joseph Parker,

Two awful referees in two days. The Italian (I presume) had very little big fight experience and kept jumping in far too quickly, didn't let the boxers fight. Joshua vs Wilder would be a very interesting fight, hope it can be made this year.

• 3 weeks later...

The Canelo Alvarez vs GGG rematch scheduled for 5 May has been cancelled due to Canelo failing two drug tests, the performace enhancing drug Clenbuterol being found in his blood. Canelo has been suspended for 6 months.

Lunacy by one of the biggest names in boxing, wonder how long he's been doing the pills.

• 3 weeks later...

As a long time fan it was quite sad to see David Hate physically breaking apart at the weekend again. I like Tony Bellew, and also think he's a better fighter than most seem willing to give him credit for, but had he fought the Haye of 5 or 6 years ago the only question that would have needed to be asked was what round Bellew would be taking a nap. Haye has always relied on his agility, reflexes and power, and the first two of those have now long gone which means he's a sitting duck against any good fighter.

I hope the bloke does the sensible thing and retired instead of doing a Roy Jones Jr. David actually makes a great pundit when he's not talking about himself, so he should concentrate on that, as Carl Froch is doing, along with his own Hayemaker Promotions.

As a long time fan it was quite sad to see David Hate physically breaking apart at the weekend again. I like Tony Bellew, and also think he's a better fighter than most seem willing to give him credit for, but had he fought the Haye of 5 or 6 years ago the only question that would have needed to be asked was what round Bellew would be taking a nap. Haye has always relied on his agility, reflexes and power, and the first two of those have now long gone which means he's a sitting duck against any good fighter.

I hope the bloke does the sensible thing and retired instead of doing a Roy Jones Jr. David actually makes a great pundit when he's not talking about himself, so he should concentrate on that, as Carl Froch is doing, along with his own Hayemaker Promotions.

I haven't seen the fight but David Haye seems to have been around for ever. Although similar in age to Bellew I wonder whether its the 3 1/2 year lay off (2012-2016) that Haye had that he's not "recovered" from 'cause as you say Haye in his prime was a tremendous boxer.