onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

• 2 weeks later...
Didn’t see the fight last night, but sounds like another controversial end. Sounds like Takem was taking some punishment but seemed to have his wits about him so perhaps should have been allowed to carry on.

Yep it was a controversial stoppage but Takam needed a miracle to win and AJ had started to tee up on him. When a 254lb guy starts to put all his weight and technique into a punch without the threat of anything coming back then it's time for the ref to step in. On balance I thought the stoppage was the right thing to do, boxers sometimes need protecting from themselves, better be safe than sorry.

Mouth watering prospect of AJ vs Deontay Wilder in 2018.

Yep it was a controversial stoppage but Takam needed a miracle to win and AJ had started to tee up on him. When a 254lb guy starts to put all his weight and technique into a punch without the threat of anything coming back then it's time for the ref to step in. On balance I thought the stoppage was the right thing to do, boxers sometimes need protecting from themselves, better be safe than sorry.

Mouth watering prospect of AJ vs Deontay Wilder in 2018.

Agree with you’re points regarding safety and AJ was in front, but this is heavyweight boxing and ONE punch can win you the bout. But, as said, I do agree with you’re points.

Agree with you’re points regarding safety and AJ was in front, but this is heavyweight boxing and ONE punch can win you the bout. But, as said, I do agree with you’re points.

RR, I agree it really is a tough call and Takam will probably not get another chance at a World Championship. However, I'm guessing the ref had seen Takam hit AJ with his best shots and AJ had taken them and given AJ was so much bigger than Takam factored in the probability of a one punch KO was highly unlikely. Some of the Showtime commentators said the stoppage was premature.

Impressive performance by Wilder, in their first meeting Stiverne went the distance with him, the only man to do so.

The current climate in boxing is for the best to fight the best so hopefully AJ vs Wilder will happen in 2018. Wilder has said he's prepared and willing to go to the UK to fight AJ and with a possible fight in front of 90k people at Wembley and huge world wide pay per view numbers it could land both men mega pay checks. It should and has to happen asap.

It would be a fascinating fight, AJ's strength vs Wilder's agility and athleticism, may come down to who wants it most but I favor AJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Carl Frampton returns to the ring tomorrow, hoping to be the first man to stop Mexican opponent Horacio Garcia. Looks a tough bout for the Northern Irishman in his first fight since losing his Featherweight Crown in January. Now with new trainer Jamie Moore and the Frank Warren stable, Frampton need a good show to kick start his career.

Not showing the Frampton fight over here and I'll be out so can't watch it live on-line, will watch it on Youtube.

Finally Billy Joe Saunders is going to fight a top tier Middleweight, he's in with David Lemieux on 16th December in Quebec, certainly going to find out how good his chin is.

If Lemieux wins it sets up a rematch with GGG with the possibility of GGG becoming the undisputed Middleweight champion.

Impressive finish from Wilder. Does this make a potential Joshua/Wilder fight more or less likely in the near future ? Wilder is maybe one to avoid in the near future, but surely it has to happen doesn’t it ?

usual bullshyte from wilder,what he's going to do etc normal yank sick bag stuff.