onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

I see Manny lost in quite a interesting way , didn't see it myself though i have read online the judges were in favour of Horn and he headbutted manny a few times . Quite sad to see this as a few years ago manny was for me the best fighter in the world and should have fought Mayweather years ago if Floyd wouldn't keep putting the fight off knowing he had a real chance of getting Knocked out.

Speaking of Floyd , all of a sudden everyone loves boxing now as this circus of a fight draws closer with Mcgregor .

All about GGG vs Canelo for me , very excited to see the two best fighters go at it.

Also rumours of Bellow possibly fighting Ward which would be interesting

Just read that Pacquiao has had his fight against Horn rescored by WBO judges "who reached the same result" Hardly likely to disagree are they ? Boxing, sometimes ,doesn't half shoot itself in the foot with uneccessary decisions and comments like this.

Advert

It's always a difficult proposition to score a boxing fight 'cause some judges favor who's landed the most punches whereas some favor who's landed the best/harder punches, there's no rule or dictate unless there's a KO!

I watched the fight on Youtube and have no problem with the decision in favor of Horn with the proviso that being ringside is really the only way to judge the best/harder punches. Two judges scored it 115-113 in favor of Horn which seemed about right however, one judge scored the fight 117-111 to Horn which was a bit out of quilter IMHO. It was close and a difficult fight to score but Pacquiao didn't do enough for me, the 9th round was a big round for Pacquiao but Horn had his big moments to.

It's always a difficult proposition to score a boxing fight 'cause some judges favor who's landed the most punches whereas some favor who's landed the best/harder punches, there's no rule or dictate unless there's a KO!

I watched the fight on Youtube and have no problem with the decision in favor of Horn with the proviso that being ringside is really the only way to judge the best/harder punches. Two judges scored it 115-113 in favor of Horn which seemed about right however, one judge scored the fight 117-111 to Horn which was a bit out of quilter IMHO. It was close and a difficult fight to score but Pacquiao didn't do enough for me, the 9th round was a big round for Pacquiao but Horn had his big moments to.

On a different note, but will it ever be possible to go back to the old days when every weight division has ONE champion ? Nowadays I'm a passive boxing fan and with so many different "councils" it's difficult to know who the "real" champions actually are. Occasionally the divisions are unified, but rarely.

On a different note, but will it ever be possible to go back to the old days when every weight division has ONE champion ? Nowadays I'm a passive boxing fan and with so many different "councils" it's difficult to know who the "real" champions actually are. Occasionally the divisions are unified, but rarely.

IMHO the four "Councils" have been good for boxing 'cause there are more fight that mean something. Imagine if there was only one World Championship belt/weight class and someone like Billy Joe Saunders had it who won't fight any other top class fighter. All this side stepping other fighters must stop, there should be mandatory defences and if you don't fight the mandatory challenger you lose the belt.

The future of boxing is for the best fighters to fight in their respective weight classes but just like football, boxing attracts some dodgy characters and it's high time the promoters/managers/whoever realize that the best must fight the best, that's what the public want. This Al Haymon character signed up something like 175 boxers, bought airtime on tv and staged match-ups between Champions and 5th level fighters (within his stable) who were generally KO'd within 4 rounds, the viewing public quickly cottoned on.

Good win by Chris Eubank Jr over Athur Abraham, Abraham has been a good fighter in his time but looked past it last night, didn't offer much back. Would like to see Eubanks Jr in with someone in their prime who will actually punch back eg the likes of DeGale, Ramirez or Benavidez.

• 3 weeks later...
There are two US boxers Deontay Wilder (38-0-0) and Luis Ortiz (23-0-0) who would both give AJ a good fight but I would favor AJ against both although all three can bang so each fight would probably be edge of the seat job.

Paul, now the Klitchsko fight is a no go, is AJ likely to take a lesser fight first, or straight in with one of the three mentioned above ? If it's the latter, would Vegas still be on, or is it back to the O2 ? Is AJ "Box Office" enough yet for U.S. fight fans ? What do you think ?

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

He's got to face the IBF mandatory challenger, some Bulgarian ('something-ov'!) or be stripped of their belt.

I imagine he'll have to take that fight, considering that Fury is still 'unavailable' and the other 2 title holders, Wilder and Parker, will both avoid/be steered clear of Joshua for as long as possible, to enable them to hang onto their belts and maintain their status as 'Heavyweight Champions', which they would clearly lose as soon as they face AJ as he'd hammer the pair of them.

Paul, now the Klitchsko fight is a no go, is AJ likely to take a lesser fight first, or straight in with one of the three mentioned above ? If it's the latter, would Vegas still be on, or is it back to the O2 ? Is AJ "Box Office" enough yet for U.S. fight fans ? What do you think ?

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

As KK says his next fight will probably be his mandatory defense against the IBF champion Kubrat Pulev and I would hazard a guess that it would be in the UK. Fighters generally take a fight or two after an epic win usually against a presumed lesser fighter to make some money but there's always a potential banana skin lurking.

If for what ever reason AJ and his camp don't like the look/prospect of Pulev they could relinquish the IBF belt and turn their attention to Wilder or Ortiz. Either fight in Vegas would be mega money particularly with Wlider, Ortiz is a Southpaw and a brute of a man and as an ex-Cuban is technically very sound and can dig so may be a tad awkward for AJ. Wilder is as tall as AJ and very athletic, can dig and comes from an extremely poor background so is hungry.

I would anticipate AJ would fight Pulev in the UK and assuming he wins then Wilder in Vegas, the Wilder fight could well be the richest fight in history and I'm already dreaming of going!!