onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

The master boxer Vasyl Lomachenko defends his WBO Junior Lightweight title on Saturday against Jason Sosa.

What a great weekend of sport coming up, the boxing, the Vale, The Masters, Grand National, nothing done in our house Thurs-Sun......as usual.

Also got Terry Flanagan fighting tonight , hopefully be a decent bout against Petrov. I see BT now own the rights to Boxnation and BT Sports viewers can get Boxnation on a thirty day free trial

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony Joshua vs Vladamir Klitchko in front of 90k fans at Wembley tonight, wish I could be there but will have to settle for the tv. Gonna be very interesting fight but whoever lands the first bid bomb and persuades the other boxer to keep his hands at home will win. If Klitchko doesn't up his game 10 fold from when he fought Fury he won't last the first round althogh he looked in great condition at the weigh in.

I'll be rooting for Joshua.

Unbelievable fight. Credit both men - they give everything. How Joshua recovered from the onslaught he went through in R6 I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

He looked completely done, I don't know how he came back, he should've been finished off though but aj was amazing to come back and then land the blows he did in r11

Absolutely loved that (.......eventually!). A modern day classic that will be talked about by boxing fans for years to come.

Tyson Fury is entertaining (ref. some of his press conferences!).....but more in the style of watching Reggie Cicilia!, as in he's comical to observe rather than being a genuine talent - Fury's reaction to tonight's win for AJ - https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/858438889241010176

If Klitschko doesn't take up the rematch clause, then I'd love AJ to spark Fury out!

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

Absolutely loved that (.......eventually!). A modern day classic that will be talked about by boxing fans for years to come.

Tyson Fury is entertaining (ref. some of his press conferences!).....but more in the style of watching Reggie Cicilia!, as in he's comical to observe rather than being a genuine talent - Fury's reaction to tonight's win for AJ - https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/858438889241010176

If Klitschko doesn't take up the rematch clause, then I'd love AJ to spark Fury out!

AJ would be charged with "murder" if he fought Fury.

Amazing fight and event.

Joshua showed heart, balls and recovery that I wasn't sure he had in him. He was so done from rounds 5 to 9 and could barely stand upright and throw a punch. Clearly he needs to find a better balance in regards to his muscle mass so he doesn't punch himself out again, or at least be more controlled when going for the finish, but yo can't nit be left impressed by the young man.

Wlad fought the best fight he's for in Donkeys years and had he probably thrown caution to the wind when he had Joshua hurt he might have gotten him out of there, as AJ was gone. Both blokes are a massive credit to the sport and boxing as a whole was the real winner last night.

Can't agree with the above though. If Fury gets himself in shape he makes Joshua miss for the majority of the fight before piling it on late on. Fury would be too quick and too smart, though in boxing it only takes one punch to change the whole flow of a fight.

I'd favor a fit and switched on Fury 60/40, but certainly would't be confident enough to bet on it.

Can't agree with the above though. If Fury gets himself in shape he makes Joshua miss for the majority of the fight before piling it on late on. Fury would be too quick and too smart, though in boxing it only takes one punch to change the whole flow of a fight.

I'd favor a fit and switched on Fury 60/40, but certainly would't be confident enough to bet on it.

I'd go the other way, 95/5 in favor of Joshua. Saw lst night AJ can take a punch, get up and come back to win and I doubt Fury could cope with AJ's power. It's a long road back for Fury.

Klitschko was brilliant last night and would probably have beaten most current heavyweight. He bated AJ with his jab just waiting to set up AJ with his signature 1-2 combination which he did in the 6th after AJ thought it was all over in the 5th. Where Joshua got his second wind from I do not know but we won't see many better uppercuts than the one in the 11th roound and for me AJ finished him off perfectly with head and body shots without exposing himself to a sucker punch.

Bring on Deontay Wilder or Luis Ortiz.

Canelo Alvarez defeated Julio Chavez Jr, son of the Mexical legend, last night on points, 12 rounds to 0. Reported that Canelo will now fight Gennady Golovkin on Sept 16th at a venue tbd, doesn't get much better than this. I have tremendous respect and admiration for both boxers, don't wish to see either of them lose but GGG will edge it although GGG will have to be wary of Canelo's uppercut..