onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Nathan Cleverly in talks to fight Badou Jack. Also rumours around Khan fighting Thurman if he can't get a super fight sorted.

IMHO, Khan has an over bloated view of his worth and ability, great boxer and hand speed but little use when your chin is made of wafer thin glass. TV stations only show him 'cause he's often in a dramatic KO fight, problem is when he meets an elite boxer it's him that's KO'd and he certainly will be KO'd if he fights Thurman.

Advert

Errr, well, obviously Mark!

One was on Sky. One was on boxnation!

I wonder why sky didn't give it as much press?!

Deary me.

Are you retarded? I said press where did I mention sky? Two undefeated boxers uniting a belt or a has been and a chancer. The point being hearn is ruining boxing. Still don't miss a chance to try and criticise one of my posts that you have misread.

Sad really.

IMHO, Khan has an over bloated view of his worth and ability, great boxer and hand speed but little use when your chin is made of wafer thin glass. TV stations only show him 'cause he's often in a dramatic KO fight, problem is when he meets an elite boxer it's him that's KO'd and he certainly will be KO'd if he fights Thurman.

Completely agree . For the last god knows how long Khan has claimed he wanted to fight Hatton , Mayweather , Froch , Brook and now Manny and every one of them would knock him clear out just like Alvares did. Much rather see Thurman vs Manny to be honest though I'm not sure how an older Manny would do against a very quick Thurman who can also knock an opponent out.

David Lemieux produced a devastating one punch KO of Curtis Stevens last night in round 3, Stevens was out before he hit the canvas. I believe he's OK but it was a serious reminder of how brutal boxing can be.

Lemieux wants Billy Joe Saunders next, if I was Saunders (or Eubank Jr) I'd go for Golovkin and make some money before I went anywhere near Lemieux, this guy can punch.

Edited by Paul6754

GGG remains unbeaten even though Daniel Jacobs deserved to win that.I'm a big fan of Golovkin but that was a shocking decision.

IMHO it was the right decision, Compubox showed GGG landed more punches and he certainly landed the harder ones, tremendous galant performance by Jacobs.

I thought the shocking decision of the night was Chocolatito's loss to the "Thai guy" (can't remember his name).

IMHO it was the right decision, Compubox showed GGG landed more punches and he certainly landed the harder ones, tremendous galant performance by Jacobs.

I thought the shocking decision of the night was Chocolatito's loss to the "Thai guy" (can't remember his name).

I thought Jacobs Out boxed him to be honest. Golovkin certainly wasn't at his best. I wonder if this sets up GGG vs Alvarez ?

Was that the Gonzalez fight ? my kodi box froze prior to the fight and eventually came on.I knew there was a shock as they were talking about it for a while

I thought Jacobs Out boxed him to be honest. Golovkin certainly wasn't at his best. I wonder if this sets up GGG vs Alvarez ?

I thought they were both really cagey, rumor has it that Jacobs rehydrated up to over 180lbs hence one reason for Golovkin's cautious approach. Jacobs looks a different fighter compared to when he lost to Pirog, his chin defo seems much stronger. However, as the challenger he needed to do a bit more, he was too defensive and didn't let his hands go enough. Still talk of GGG vs Alvarez or GGG vs Saunders, whether either comes off is anyone's guess but Jacobs showed that GGG isn't invincible.

Was that the Gonzalez fight ? my kodi box froze prior to the fight and eventually came on.I knew there was a shock as they were talking about it for a while

Yes, Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez, considered by many to be the best pound for pound boxer right now, suffered his first loss in 46 fights. You missed an absolute stunner (it'll be on Toutube sometime), his oppenent, Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, is known to be a heavy puncher and he put Chocolatito down in the first round then caused a bad cut on Chocolatito with a headbutt in the 2nd, it was then a toe to toe slugfest. How the "Thai guy" stayed on his feet I'll never know but he was given a majority decision.

Also noticed Michael Conlon won tonight . now known as the Conor McGregor of boxing. shame they had to keep going on about this alleged super fight between Mayweather and McGregor which i still don't think will happen instead of a young Boxer pro debut.

I hadn't heard about Michael Conlan 'til someone mentioned his win, isn't he supposed to be the next Irish sensation. I haven't taken much interest in Mayweather/Mcgregor as it seems a bit of a circus.

I'm sick of hearing about both Mayweather/McGregor now ,both great fighters in their respective sports but only reason the media is hyping this "super fight" is because both are attention seeking and greedy and want more money despite being millionaires already.

Anyways back to proper Boxing , Crolla Linares II this Saturday should be a decent bout , I fancy crolla to just edge it

I'm sick of hearing about both Mayweather/McGregor now ,both great fighters in their respective sports but only reason the media is hyping this "super fight" is because both are attention seeking and greedy and want more money despite being millionaires already.

Anyways back to proper Boxing , Crolla Linares II this Saturday should be a decent bout , I fancy crolla to just edge it

Missed the first one, have taped it and watch it when I get home

Watches Crolla/Linares II, brave, gutsy performance by Crolla but he just hadn't got the punching power to make Linares keep his fists at home, some brutal uppercuts by Linares and the right decision IMO. Mikey Garcia vs Linares will be worth watching, Garcia is one heck of a puncher who can also box.