onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

I've heard of Golovkin and Brook, but not Glovkin or Brooks.

Really entertaining fight. Eubank is a world-class offensive fighter, but if he's to fulfil all of his potential he needs to get away from Snr. I'd like to see him take on Canelo this year in a fight I can see make a strong case for him winning.

If he fought Golovkin any time soon it would be really entertaining for the few rounds it lasted. GGG would counter every time Eubank loaded up and it would be lights out at some point, despite Jnr's strong set of whiskers. If he continues to improve and fights him 12 months or so down the line, with a win over someone like Canelo behind him, then he might stand some sort of a chance.

I'll look out for Haye-Bellew.

Carl Frampton lost on points last night to Leo Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz is a taller guy with much longer reach, he controlled the fight with his jab, he didn't get into a brawl with Frampton as in the first fight. Seems like they plan to do it again perhaps in Belfast. Incredible atmosphere at the MGM Grand in Vegas which only possibly a Brit fighting in Vegas can generate.

Can't wait for the Golovkin-Jacobs fight, I anticipate Golovkin will be much more measured as he was against David Lemieux rather than the gung ho approach he took against Kell Brook.

I like Bellew, more for his personality than his actual boxing ability, but Haye wins that fight when it suits him. It's a bit of a farce fight really, though I'll certainly watch it.

I've heard of Golovkin and Brook, but not Glovkin or Brooks.

I'll have you know i spelt Golovkin right :L though putting s on surnames is becoming a bad habit lately.

Agree on Bellew . I can't stand Haye he's so smug thinking he will walk into the fight with ease i get most boxers are like that but the man hasn't had a decent fight in years. I can't see it happening but i'd love to see Bellew knock him out

Eubank JR has won the IBO super middleweight belt , better fight then i expected to be honest though ITV coverage was awful , shame his ego is taking over, would love to see him square up to Glovokin or Brooks

Didn't show the fight over here but I'll look for it on Youtube.

Well I'll be damned, never heard of IBO, thought there were four main World Boxing Federations, WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF, their list of champions leaves much to be desired although Glovokin is listed as Middleweight Champion but never heard of the others apart from Landy.

Renold Quinlan doesn't appear to have fought anyone apart from Daniele Geale and he's a Middleweight who got KO'd by Golovkin, he's only had 13 bouts and lost 2 of them so not much opposition for Eubank Jr. I bet none of the fighters he's fought apart from Geale have winning records.

Heaven help Eubank Jr if he gets in with Golovkin or any Worls Class Supermiddleweights, he's not even British Middleweight Champion. I suppose he'll try to use this tin pot belt in negotiations to claim he's the star attraction against Kell Brook or Golovkin.

Edited by Paul6754

Really entertaining fight. Eubank is a world-class offensive fighter, but if he's to fulfil all of his potential he needs to get away from Snr. I'd like to see him take on Canelo this year in a fight I can see make a strong case for him winning.

If he fought Golovkin any time soon it would be really entertaining for the few rounds it lasted. GGG would counter every time Eubank loaded up and it would be lights out at some point, despite Jnr's strong set of whiskers. If he continues to improve and fights him 12 months or so down the line, with a win over someone like Canelo behind him, then he might stand some sort of a chance.

Questionable whether Eubank Jr has fought a world class fighter yet, he lost to Billy Joe Saunders the only one close. He would be taking a huge step up in class to fight Golovkin or Canelo or Daniel Jacobs and IMHO wouldn't win aginst any of them.

Canelo would beat both Jr and Snr in the ring at the same time and I have the utmost respect for Snr as a boxer, Canelo has the upper body of a true Super Middleweight and is a brute.

It's about time Billy Joe Saunders stopped running from the best in the Middleweight division.

Watched the Eubank Jr vs Renold Quinlan fight on Youtube and Quinlan didn't have much to offer other than his bravery.

Eubank Jr looks a very strong guy but looks a bit ponderous in the ring and leaves himself wide open when he throws a punch. World Class fighters at his weight like Golovkin, Canelo, Badou Jack and Gegale would likely exploit this defensive weakness and it's a game changer when hit by one of those guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Adrien Broner, once tipped to be the next Floyd Mayweather 'til he got too cocky and got beat by Marcus Maidana, fights Adrian Granados at 147lbs in Cincin on Saturday. Broner made his name and won his titles at 130-135lbs and hasn't done too well at 140 or above, going to be a close fight.

Looks like another tremendous fight in the UK on May 27th, negotiations are said to be almost complete for Kell Brook to fight Errol Spence at 147ibs in Sheffield for Brook's IBF belt. Spence (21-0, 18 KO's) is fast, can box and punch and must think he can win inside the distance to go to Sheffield. Brook is big and strong at 147, big risk for Spence.

Looks like Kell Brook could be possibly fighting at his home town and club

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10771528/errol-spence-jr-relishes-kell-brook-battle-at-bramall-lane

The two other undefeated Welterweight Champions, Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia, meet in Brooklyn on March 4th. Intriguing fight with Thurman being the better boxer who also posseses a big dig in both hands but Garcia can't written off as he has a devastating left hook which Amir Khan and others have found to their cost.

Danny Garcia comes across as a balanced, sensible person but his father, Angel Garcia, is a crazy, crazy man who has already provoked a slanging match with Thurman at a recent press conference.

• 2 weeks later...

Deontay Wilder beat Gerald Washington last saturday evening, Wilder looked lethargic and was behind on the cards but a tremendous right hand made the judges surplus to requirements.

Looks like Manny Pacquiao will fight Amir Khan in the USA on May 19th. Risky fight for Pacquiao as he has everything to lose against Khan who's a bigger guy with fast hands and a great technique. I reckon Manny will have to KO Khan to win which he could well do.