onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

Cannot wait for 29 April, although I think Joshua will win that fairly easily as Klitschko won't have fought for 18 months by the time that comes around, and he looked to have little left in his last fight, when he lost to Fury.

Hopefully, after that, the other current belt holders, Parker and Wilder, will face Joshua so that he has the chance to unify the division. He certainly seems the stand-out heavyweight by a distance.

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid

Cannot wait for 29 April, although I think Joshua will win that fairly easily as Klitschko won't have fought for 18 months by the time that comes around, and he looked to have little left in his last fight, when he lost to Fury.

Hopefully, after that, the other current belt holders, Parker and Wilder, will face Joshua so that he has the chance to unify the division. He certainly seems the stand-out heavyweight by a distance.

I can see this being Klitschko last fight to be honest , Joshua needs a big fight and this should hopefully verify him as the best in the heavyweight division .

speaking of Wilder that was a great fight between him and Chisora shame it almost got ruined by those stupid press conference antics.

speaking of Wilder that was a great fight between him and Chisora shame it almost got ruined by those stupid press conference antics.

The Dillian Whyte - Dereck Chisora fight was fantastic, and as it was an eliminator for the WBC title, Whyte should now get a shot at Deontay Wilder, the holder of that belt.

Hopefully the winner of any Whyte v Wilder fight (would probably be Wilder, as he's rated along with Joshua as the best heavyweight around) will then face Joshua in a unification bout.

Anthony Joshua is the real deal, I was sceptical at first and am probably still a tad tad sceptical 'cause I've not seen him hit by a hard punching heavy weight. However the question is who is around to test him. As I see it he'll beat Klitschko but there are two highly rated Americans who offer a much sterner test, Deontay Wilder and Luis Ortiz (Cuban American) who have very different styles and both are undefeated, hungry and both from poor backgrounds.

Deontay Wilder is very athletic and has power in both hands, he's recovering fron a torn tendon and broken bones in his right arm/hand and is due back in the ring in February, Ortiz is a brute of a man who has power, both will be a test for Joshua.

Joshua was too much for Molina tonight, Molina was over matched physically and skill wise, looked as though Al Haymon had promoted the bout.

Tremendous night of boxing in the US tonight, three Championsship fights involving Jamal Charlo, Abner Mares and Terence Crawford, I'm off to watch now.

Chisora/Whyte was the highlight of the evening, a FOTY contender., but

Joshua did what he needed to do, nothing more, nothing less. He should be too fresh for Klitshcko, but it's a big leap from Molina to Wladimir and it will probably come down to who lands the first bomb.

Not about Anthony Joshua but Jamall Charlo spectacularly KO'd another undefeated light middle weight last night named Julian Williams in the 5th round, Charlo has a twin brother, Jemell who also holds one on the light middle weight belts.

After the Williams fight Jamall was talking about moving up to middleweight but if he does he's got nowhere to go apart from GGG so I think he may well remain at light middleweight which is the weight Kell Brook said he was planning to fight at. Some tasty future fights if it all happens.

• 1 month later...

Still some great Boxing on tv tonght involving a UK boxer as Carl Frampton has a re-match to defend his WBA featherweight title against Leo Santa Cruz in Vegas. Should be a close competitive fight.

Gutted for Lee Selby, to be let doown 24 hrs before his bout with Victor Barros after having met weight and done most of the hard work 'cause Barros didn't meet "Fight requirements" was shocking.

Admin, could you change the title of this tread to "Boxing" as there are many superb bouts coming up in the near future.

Still some great Boxing on tv tonght involving a UK boxer as Carl Frampton has a re-match to defend his WBA featherweight title against Leo Santa Cruz in Vegas. Should be a close competitive fight.

Gutted for Lee Selby, to be let doown 24 hrs before his bout with Victor Barros after having met weight and done most of the hard work 'cause Barros didn't meet "Fight requirements" was shocking.

Admin, could you change the title of this tread to "Boxing" as there are many superb bouts coming up in the near future.

Great shout . forgot that was tonight , i thought Degale vs Badou Jack was fantastic and a decent under card too

So many great fights this year , i haven't enjoyed this much boxing in years - nice to see the British fighters doing so well. If only we could have get Brooks-Khan official that would be icing on the cake

Great shout . forgot that was tonight , i thought Degale vs Badou Jack was fantastic and a decent under card too

Great fight, pity about the knock down in the last round, no need for such sour grapes comments from Mayweather at the end.

So many great fights this year , i haven't enjoyed this much boxing in years - nice to see the British fighters doing so well. If only we could have get Brooks-Khan official that would be icing on the cake

Hope Brook-Khan can get it on, Khan over hyping himself, Khan's better known for the wrong reasons, IMHO Kell brook will beat him.

Kovalev/Ward also a great fight, I thought Kovalev edged it.

Also, Golovkin/Jacobs and Thurman/Garcia on the near horizon. I love the build up to the fights which HBO/Showtime do brilliantly, learn about the fighters background, training methods etc, just tremendous. Althouth this isn't an "Official" HBO programme it makes superb viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o01_2US7BZs

I can't stand Khan with his giant ego and yet when it comes to the big fights he bottles it and gets Ko'd so easy.

Golokin is a beast , i really wanted see how Eubank JR would fare against him shame hes fighting on that itv box office instead.

march seems a good month , especially for the Haye-Bellew fight . Haye is another one i can't stand fighting on a comedy channel against barely competitive fighters though this is a big step up for Bellew and will be a tough challenge for him . Head says Haye heart says Bellew

I'll look out for Haye-Bellew.

Carl Frampton lost on points last night to Leo Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz is a taller guy with much longer reach, he controlled the fight with his jab, he didn't get into a brawl with Frampton as in the first fight. Seems like they plan to do it again perhaps in Belfast. Incredible atmosphere at the MGM Grand in Vegas which only possibly a Brit fighting in Vegas can generate.

Can't wait for the Golovkin-Jacobs fight, I anticipate Golovkin will be much more measured as he was against David Lemieux rather than the gung ho approach he took against Kell Brook.

Can't believe i fell asleep just before the Frampton fight ! i noticed on Sky sports news they were hyping a potential fight between Wilder and Joshua in future in vegas possibly . I can see this happening as i think Joshua will be beat klitschko at Wembley.

I think Joshue will beat Klitschko, he'll be too strong, best chance Klitschko has is to tie Joshua up all the time on the inside and use his experience but can't see Joshua allowing this to happen, Joshue has stunning power. I'm sure they'll show the Joshua/Klitschko fight over here, I need to keep my eyes open.

Wilder is very quick and athletic for a heavyweight and similar size to Jushua, very fascinating fight but think Joshua's power might just sway it but probably down to who lands the first big one. There's another Heavyweight in the US called Luis Ortiz a Cuban-American, he's 23-0 with 2 no contests, he's built like the proverbial s******** and has a punch on him, he would also be a good test for Joshua.