onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

17 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Excellent fight between Ballam Smith and Chamberlain tonight. Proper slugfest and s great crowd for local boy Ballam 

Enjoyed that. 

Same can't be said about this Josh Kelly fight. Sad to see drop down to Channel 5

Garcia-Benavidez should be a cracker 

Superb performance by Danny Garcia last night, completely out boxed the bigger man in Jose Benavidez and showed he's not just a left hook.  What was the judge watching who scored the fight a draw, Mexican cartels at it again???? I know watching  on tv we get the chance to see replays but that decision was downright incomprehensible..

6 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Superb performance by Danny Garcia last night, completely out boxed the bigger man in Jose Benavidez and showed he's not just a left hook.  What was the judge watching who scored the fight a draw, Mexican cartels at it again???? I know watching  on tv we get the chance to see replays but that decision was downright incomprehensible..

Funny you mentioned that. The judge who you mentioned also gave it jeff horn in his fight against manny pacquiao. That was a robbery 

Can't help but think these judges are taking bungs 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Interesting bout tonight, Vergil Ortiz (18-0-0, 18 by KO) fights a Brit, Michael McKinson (22-0-0, 2 by KO) in Fort Worth, Tx. Don't know anything about McKinson but doesn't look to have much of a KO punch, needs to have a good chin.

I remember he beat the very highly rated Chris Kongo on points on the whyte-Povetkin II undercard. Certainly looks a good fighter. Should be a decent fight 

Dalton Smith fighting tonight with Campbell Hatton on the undercard in the UK. 

I believe Michael Conlon is also fighting but it's only been shown on US TV. Always fun to watch his fights 

Courageous fight by McKinson, he came to fight and came out swinging. Ortiz Jr's work was ferocious and intense and he put McKinson down with a body shot in the 8th and McKinson's corner threw in the towel in the 9th round, first time Ortiz had gone 9 rounds.

Talk of a fight between Ortiz and Terrence Crawford.

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Courageous fight by McKinson, he came to fight and came out swinging. Ortiz Jr's work was ferocious and intense and he put McKinson down with a body shot in the 8th and McKinson's corner threw in the towel in the 9th round, first time Ortiz had gone 9 rounds.

Talk of a fight between Ortiz and Terrence Crawford.

Cracking fight. Those body shots were brutal 

To be honest I wanna see Crawford-Spence Jr now before it's too late too much talking from both parties at this point 

Good win for Dalton Smith last night infront of his home crowd. Brutal KO to win it

Looks like Eddie Hearn & Matchroom have got another wonder boy on the ranks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Cracking fight. Those body shots were brutal 

To be honest I wanna see Crawford-Spence Jr now before it's too late too much talking from both parties at this point 

Good win for Dalton Smith last night infront of his home crowd. Brutal KO to win it

Looks like Eddie Hearn & Matchroom have got another wonder boy on the ranks

Yep agree with Crawford vs Spence, if only they could get it on we'd have two crackers to look forward to, Canelo vs GGG  and that one.

I'll look for the Dalton Smith fight on Youtube.

• Like 1

Interesting press conference between the two

Eubank saying he is finished if he dosent win

Thought Connor Benn conducted himself well with all the condecending talk aimed at him from Eubank (though with the weight diff he has to be considered favorite)

Just hope Connor Benn s assesment of it being more 50/50 is right and he can pull off a win ?

On 13/08/2022 at 12:39, LoveRapt said:

Interesting press conference between the two

Eubank saying he is finished if he dosent win

Thought Connor Benn conducted himself well with all the condecending talk aimed at him from Eubank (though with the weight diff he has to be considered favorite)

Just hope Connor Benn s assesment of it being more 50/50 is right and he can pull off a win ?

I'd imagine it's 50/50..

While Eubank Jr has fought BJS and Groves. This is definitely his biggest fight to date ( first ppv fight i think also ?)

The size difference is huge though. Big fan of Benn but I can't but feel this is a massive step up for a fight this like this 

Big one tonight. AJ loses and I think that's him done personally. I think his career and personality will take him more into television anyway, has a huge fanbase and support beyond boxing 

I'm still split on who think is going to take it 

Great undercard by all accounts. 

Thank god I've got a firestick though as these Pay per view prices are ridiculous.