onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

Biggie this weekend, I can only see Tyson Fury as the winner but dafter things have happened.

Two great welterweight fights last weekend, Connor Benn bt Chris Van Heerden by TKO in the 2nd round and Errol Spence Jr bt Yordenis Ugas by TKO in the 12th. Connor Benn looks to have a tremendous future in Boxing but he probably needs a fight against someone like a Danny Garcia or an Adrien Broner before he gets in with Spence or Terrence Crawford.

Edited by Paul6754

On 22/04/2022 at 17:25, Paul6754 said:

Biggie this weekend, I can only see Tyson Fury as the winner but dafter things have happened.

Two great welterweight fights last weekend, Connor Benn bt Chris Van Heerden by TKO in the 2nd round and Errol Spence Jr bt Yordenis Ugas by TKO in the 12th. Connor Benn looks to have a tremendous future in Boxing but he probably needs a fight against someone like a Danny Garcia or an Adrien Broner before he gets in with Spence or Terrence Crawford.

Benn is the most exciting fighter in Britain in my opinion. Needs a big step up in America next 

Looking forward to the Crawford-spence Jr fight that needs to happen this year 

Incredible uppercut, looked like it only grazed Whyte but the outcome definitely said otherwise.

Fury never ceases to amaze me, he looks awkward, his legs are thin and his gait is a little off, he has this herky jerky style but at 6' 9" he packs a punch and is incredibly agile for his size.  There was an interesting discussion after the fight on ESPN+ about who out of all the heavyweights there's ever been is the best and who would beat him given his power and agility, it's a very good question. 

I hope he doesn't mess about fighting MMA fighters and hope he doesn't retire, at least before he's fought AJ. A few years ago I'd have said AJ would beat him, I've changed my mind now.

Think that may well have been Fury,s last fight before retiring?

Fought a clever fight keeping White at distance behind his jab,befoe finishing him off with a peach of an uppercut

,Dillian  appeared very one dimentional to me unable to get anywhere near enough to Fury and resorting to the odd roundhuose haymaker  

If the possibility of an AJ fight arose I,m sure he would thake that

But the likelyhood I ffeel is unlikely,As I think that Usyk wil again do a job on AJ

Meaning a Unification fight would be against Usyk who I dont think would be over keen to fight Fury

Of course there is also the little matter of purse % and venue to haggle over

Two cracking fights over the States this weekend with Oscar Valdez taking on Floyd Mayweather protégé Shakur Stevenson. Both unbeaten and exciting to watch should be a banger.

Also got the Katie Taylor-Serrano fight at Madison Square Garden. With Liam Smith on the undercard. Interesting fight but I can't stand that Jake Paul though 

Enjoyed both fights.

Stevenson was able to bully his opponent better than i expected, would have been nice if Valdez could have landed a good sold shot close in.....comfortable win in the end

Katie Taylor....What a brawl, a lot of people had Seranno as the woman to beat her pre fight

But a typiclal Taylor fight for me

Thought she had gone in the 5th but wow what resiliance

Last 3 rounds won me for Katie, that surprised me as i expected Amanda to fiinish the stronger of the 2

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LoveRapt said:

Enjoyed both fights.

Stevenson was able to bully his opponent better than i expected, would have been nice if Valdez could have landed a good sold shot close in.....comfortable win in the end

Katie Taylor....What a brawl, a lot of people had Seranno as the woman to beat her pre fight

But a typiclal Taylor fight for me

Thought she had gone in the 5th but wow what resiliance

Last 3 rounds won me for Katie, that surprised me as i expected Amanda to fiinish the stronger of the 2

Agree with all that. Taylor-Serrano was an excellent fight. Made history and put women's boxing on top for the world to see. Well done to both especially Katie who no doubt has made a legacy for herself

Big fan of Stevenson style. Would love see him take on Loma next 

Stevenson was the better boxer, bigger man and dominated the fight, I was surprised at the size difference between Stevenson and Valdez, Stevenson looked like a Welterweight.

BPV, I think Stevenson is too big for Loma, he should pick on someone his own size!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

Stevenson was the better boxer, bigger man and dominated the fight, I was surprised at the size difference between Stevenson and Valdez, Stevenson looked like a Welterweight.

BPV, I think Stevenson is too big for Loma, he should pick on someone his own size!!

If anyone can do it , Loma can I reckon. Although there's talk he will fight the winner of Haney-Kambosos which will be a cracker. 

Canelo-Bivol next weekend. Should be a decent scrap, with the potential of the much needed GGG sequel. Can Golovkin do it at this point in his career ? 

Interesting enough , Hearn wanted to set up Canelo-Andrade. However Andrade decided to take the zach Parker fight at Pride Park. Can't say I know much about Parker other then he's with Frank Warren promotion