onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

Golovkin...esq performance by Kell Brook, walked Khan down, cut off the ring and didn't give him any time or space to dance. Kell was in Khan's face all fight and his power punches and pressure wore Khan down.  Good stoppage by the ref as Khan was taking too much punishment. It was obvious from the first round when Khan's legs started to wobble that there was only gonna be one winner.

To some extent I feel sorry for Kell Brook as his loss to Golovkin set his career back. At the time Golovkin was not the guy to go up in weight and fight.  Has Kell got one more World Championship fight left in him?....only he and his corner know that..

Time for Amir khan to retire, that glass chin is telling him something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Golovkin...esq performance by Kell Brook, walked Khan down, cut off the ring and didn't give him any time or space to dance. Kell was in Khan's face all fight and his power punches and pressure wore Khan down.  Good stoppage by the ref as Khan was taking too much punishment. It was obvious from the first round when Khan's legs started to wobble that there was only gonna be one winner.

To some extent I feel sorry for Kell Brook as his loss to Golovkin set his career back. At the time Golovkin was not the guy to go up in weight and fight.  Has Kell got one more World Championship fight left in him?....only he and his corner know that..

Time for Amir khan to retire, that glass chin is telling him something.

I Wonder if Brook takes the Eubank fight ? Junior certainly had a lot to say about it like usual. Definitely a bigger challenge for Eubank compared to his fights against Willams and Degale 

Khan is done now. Been done for years to be honest. 

Fair play to both though. Had some big fights over the years against the canelo , GGG , Crawford , Erroll Spence and Garcia. 

Perhaps a fitting end to both fighters career if it was to end 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Interesting one tonight between Khan-Brook. For me this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago but here we are 

I'd love to see Brook take it but for me Khan wins this. 

Besides the main event, not much going on the undercard again. Dreadfully especially as it's box office. 

I miss the days where it was bbc/itv that had boxing 

I loved the days when Harry Carpenter was commentating on the boxing for the BBC and then later when Barry Mcguigan and Jim Watt was involved with ITV.

Same over here now as HBO don't show Boxing any more and it's sporadic on Showtime. The HBO commentary team of Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Emmanuel Steward/Roy Jones was superb, perhaps as good as any commentary team in any sport. 

Boxing has really suffered this last two-three years with COVID, Promoters and and the fragmentation of who's showing the fights. Over here there is Showtime, DAZN, ESPN+, ESPN, Premier Boxing Champions on different channels plus a smattering of "smaller" channels showing fights, no one knows what fights are on, on what channel, date and time, it can't be good for the sport. Many prominent boxers don't seem to have fought for 2-3 years unless I've missed the fights!!.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I loved the days when Harry Carpenter was commentating on the boxing for the BBC and then later when Barry Mcguigan and Jim Watt was involved with ITV.

Same over here now as HBO don't show Boxing any more and it's sporadic on Showtime. The HBO commentary team of Jim Lampley, Max Kellerman and Emmanuel Steward/Roy Jones was superb, perhaps as good as any commentary team in any sport. 

Boxing has really suffered this last two-three years with COVID, Promoters and and the fragmentation of who's showing the fights. Over here there is Showtime, DAZN, ESPN+, ESPN, Premier Boxing Champions on different channels plus a smattering of "smaller" channels showing fights, no one knows what fights are on, on what channel, date and time, it can't be good for the sport. Many prominent boxers don't seem to have fought for 2-3 years unless I've missed the fights!!.

Similarly to the UK. With sky/BT/DAZN and occasionally Channel 5/itv/youtube/boxnation . 

Just money and greed between promoters. 

Hear more about Hearn-Frank Warren rather then the fighters nowadays. 

20 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Yeah, them were the days. These days I get them because #1 son has a SA mate who has SA TV. Brook and Khan was a bit silly. Both past it, Khan's heart was less in it. Time for both to call it a day for me.

I'm not interested enough to do PPV.  Particularly as you say, all about promoters these days. And big fights are so few and far between.  

A shame really because I've followed it for so long.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, toyahw said:

I'm not interested enough to do PPV.  Particularly as you say, all about promoters these days. And big fights are so few and far between.  

A shame really because I've followed it for so long.

I have some of the same sentiments although I will do PPV for a really big fight. 

Some promoters don't do Boxing a favor at all for example, the Promoter Al Haymon signed up ca 135 fighters to his Premier Boxing Organization and it appeared he only wanted them to fight each other. As a result many of his fighters didn't fight, miss-matches were made and big fights didn't happen.

Haymon has been criticized for acting as Promoter and manager but whatever he's been doing doesn't seem to have been good for the sport.

HBO has been a huge loss in the USA.

Edited by Paul6754

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Incredible fight between wood and conlon last night. Two absolute warriors fighting till the very end

Just watched the highlights as couldn't watch it live as we went out. Looked like an all action, brutal fight, incredible KO in the last, hope they're both OK after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Gennady Golovkin beat Ryoto Murata by TKO in the 9th round after knocking him down, Murata was a game opponent but was worn down by GGG's heavy jab and punches.

GGG was recently 40 years old, is he now too easy to hit and past his best to take on Canelo for the 3rd time, a Canelo  who's fighting soon for a light heavyweight belt.