onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boxing: Fights coming up

boslemportvale91

Advert

On 29/11/2021 at 14:08, boslemportvale91 said:

Some decent scraps lately in Crawford/Porter and Lopez/Kambosos

Meanwhile Brook and Khan finally announced over here. A few years late in my opinion and definitely not a box office fight. Typical greedy sky though 

Add to that Canelo beating Caleb Plant to become the first boxer to all belts in the Super Middleweight division. Talk of him fighting at Cruiserweight next, apparently Canelo wants GGG to come up to Supermiddleweight to fight him, I doubt that will happen.

11 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Add to that Canelo beating Caleb Plant to become the first boxer to all belts in the Super Middleweight division. Talk of him fighting at Cruiserweight next, apparently Canelo wants GGG to come up to Supermiddleweight to fight him, I doubt that will happen.

Canelo deserves all the praise. However the GGG result /drug test I can't get past but the man definitely deserves respect.

Apparently his next fight is due in England in early March. Only fighter I can think of is John Ryder maybe ? He's beaten the best of what the UK can offer at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Dominating performance from Lomachenko. 

Great night of boxing all round 

Watched the Loma fight, he completely dismantled Richard Commey who's got 30 wins, 27 by KO.

I've never seen a fighter back off an opponent and motion to the opposition corner to stop the fight as Loma did last night, three times he did it knowing Commey was badly hurt. I was surprised the ref didn't stop it cause Commey was taking a lot of punches.

Had to suffer Tyson Fury singing happy birthday the Bob Arum for Arum's 90th b'day, he followed it up by singing American Pie and sang the final lyrics, "This will be the day tat I die", I was unsure whether those words were appropriate for a 90 year old!!!!

Many excellent fighters in the Lightweight division with the added spice that Kamdosos unexpectedly beat Teofimo Lopez

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fight of the year?  Fury-Wilder will go down for many and rightfully so.

Personally Josh Taylor-Ramirez was my favourite. 

Fighter of the year has to go to Canelo. Not his biggest fan due his antics/dodgy dealings but he's definitely smashed some records this year. 

Crawford also had a fantastic year. Crawford-Erroll Spence Jr has to happen eventually 

On 30/12/2021 at 18:44, boslemportvale91 said:

Fight of the year?  Fury-Wilder will go down for many and rightfully so.

Personally Josh Taylor-Ramirez was my favourite. 

Fighter of the year has to go to Canelo. Not his biggest fan due his antics/dodgy dealings but he's definitely smashed some records this year. 

Crawford also had a fantastic year. Crawford-Erroll Spence Jr has to happen eventually 

All good shouts BPV, I would add Teo Lopez vs Kambosos as candidate for fight of the year.

GGG vs Morata scheduled for 29th Dec 2021 in Japan was canceled due to Covid, no date for the rematch yet.

GGG turns 40 in April, likely the trilogy with Canelo won't happen due to his age and Canelo wanting to fight at super middleweight.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2022 at 19:12, Paul6754 said:

All good shouts BPV, I would add Teo Lopez vs Kambosos as candidate for fight of the year.

GGG vs Morata scheduled for 29th Dec 2021 in Japan was canceled due to Covid, no date for the rematch yet.

GGG turns 40 in April, likely the trilogy with Canelo won't happen due to his age and Canelo wanting to fight at super middleweight.

Boxing off this month in the UK due to covid and the need for extra paramedics. Surely football would be the same ? 

I've not seen the Martin-Ortiz fight yet but apparently the ref should have stopped it earlier ? I was amazed to read Martin knocked down Ortiz twice

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, toyahw said:

Like his Dad. Love him or hate him. He did the biz there on Williams  on  his home territory. Like his Dad, much underrated.  What is to dislike?   Apart from the usual he is a ........ ........ ?

Eubank Jr will never hit his father level. His past fight against the elite like Groves and BJS shows that. He got absolutely destroyed in both fights. 

Claiming to be the best beating an aging Degale and a British level standard Willams doesn't make you the best.

GGG, Andrade and the Charlo Brothers are way to skilled for Eubank Jr and his jaw wouldn't last. 

It wasn't long ago he was fighting for the IBO belt on channel 5 but since Sky sports lost matchroom they need poster boys for the channel. Sadly that's the standard of Sky sports Boxing now,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting one tonight between Khan-Brook. For me this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago but here we are 

I'd love to see Brook take it but for me Khan wins this. 

Besides the main event, not much going on the undercard again. Dreadfully especially as it's box office. 

I miss the days where it was bbc/itv that had boxing 

11 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Interesting one tonight between Khan-Brook. For me this fight should have happened 5-6 years ago but here we are 

I'd love to see Brook take it but for me Khan wins this. 

Besides the main event, not much going on the undercard again. Dreadfully especially as it's box office. 

I miss the days where it was bbc/itv that had boxing 

Nah Brook in 8, absolutely nailed on.

On 06/02/2022 at 18:25, boslemportvale91 said:

Eubank Jr will never hit his father level. His past fight against the elite like Groves and BJS shows that. He got absolutely destroyed in both fights. 

Claiming to be the best beating an aging Degale and a British level standard Willams doesn't make you the best.

GGG, Andrade and the Charlo Brothers are way to skilled for Eubank Jr and his jaw wouldn't last. 

It wasn't long ago he was fighting for the IBO belt on channel 5 but since Sky sports lost matchroom they need poster boys for the channel. Sadly that's the standard of Sky sports Boxing now,

GGG against Eubank jr, that would be piteous to watch.

• Like 1