onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Steven Gerrard retires.

For Us All

Advert

I always rated Gerrard, class player, who always gave 100% for club and country. And what could of bin if he'd of moved to Chelsea. Wonder if deep down he regrets that decision. But i suppose the same could be said of Alan Shearer if he hadn't of turned Man Utd down.

For Liverpool he was absolutely world-class. Not many teams have a player that can almost single-handedly win games of football. People go on about the Champions League final against AC Milan, and he was inspirational as ever that night, but his actual finest performance was the FA Cup final win against West Ham in 2016. Liverpool were toss on the day and Gerrard was a one man army, and put in as good an individual performance I've seen. Unfortunately he was nowhere near the same player when he lost his legs as few years ago and he probably stayed at Liverpool a season too long.

He never hit the same heights for England as the likes of Scholes and Lampard didn't for whatever reason, but at club level he was one of the best in the world for many years.

For Liverpool he was absolutely world-class. Not many teams have a player that can almost single-handedly win games of football. People go on about the Champions League final against AC Milan, and he was inspirational as ever that night, but his actual finest performance was the FA Cup final win against West Ham in 2016. Liverpool were toss on the day and Gerrard was a one man army, and put in as good an individual performance I've seen. Unfortunately he was nowhere near the same player when he lost his legs as few years ago and he probably stayed at Liverpool a season too long.

He never hit the same heights for England as the likes of Scholes and Lampard didn't for whatever reason, but at club level he was one of the best in the world for many years.

I assume you mean the 2006 one Beechy, but yeah, considering I have no proper interest in any particular team in the PL, he's given me some cracking memories. The Gerrard final was definitely one of my favourite ones though, & what an absolute screamer. Gave me goosebumps when that went in, & still does watching it back.

I assume you mean the 2006 one Beechy, but yeah, considering I have no proper interest in any particular team in the PL, he's given me some cracking memories. The Gerrard final was definitely one of my favourite ones though, & what an absolute screamer. Gave me goosebumps when that went in, & still does watching it back.

2016 :laugh:

I need to go easy on the drugs.

Undoubtedly good for Liverpool but underachieved for England after that Germany game early on in his international career. Which is why I struggle calling him World Class?

The back passes against France and Uruguay were poor decisions and both at crucial times in games and cost us(the France game imo very dearly). Having said that I doubt we'd have got much further in that last World Cup anyway as we were toss. Although he did drag Liverpool through by the gonads to get some big results in big games.

Undoubtedly good for Liverpool but underachieved for England after that Germany game early on in his international career. Which is why I struggle calling him World Class?

The back passes against France and Uruguay were poor decisions and both at crucial times in games and cost us(the France game imo very dearly). Having said that I doubt we'd have got much further in that last World Cup anyway as we were toss. Although he did drag Liverpool through by the gonads to get some big results in big games.

Would you not call Messi world-class because he's only half the player for his country than he is for Barca? Had Gerrard been given the same sort of responsibility for England than he did for Liverpool then he more than likely would have performed better consistently. There's load of world-class players that don't perform the same for their country than they do for the club side they play for, and for a few different reasons.

Archived