onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oldham offer

Tomo

Advert

Sorry but I predict a minimal take-up on this.

A Saturday game would be more feasible for students getting there by public transport.

It's the midweek games that people don't go to though........well OK they don't go to Saturday ones either......but you know what I mean. :wink:

It's the midweek games that people don't go to though........well OK they don't go to Saturday ones either......but you know what I mean. :wink:

Surely it doesn't matter whether it's midweek or not. Just getting new people into the ground is a start. I'm surely an exciting opponent like Oldham will be just the ticket to get students in Vale Park on tuesday, as opposed to a few cheap pints and the champions league in the student union...............

Don't they know that students don't actually use their phones to make telephone calls and why is Jocky Wilson in the middle of the picture!?!?!

Anyways..nice to see things being tried..hope it works

Me too. I have my doubts but hope it does.

As I've said before, go for a big game, with a big atmosphere and entice people in with an offer for a game like that. Games like Oldham on Tuesday are unlikely to be big winners, and more often than not you'll end up with less revenue than you would have previously got.

Me too. I have my doubts but hope it does.

As I've said before, go for a big game, with a big atmosphere and entice people in with an offer for a game like that. Games like Oldham on Tuesday are unlikely to be big winners, and more often than not you'll end up with less revenue than you would have previously got.

The argument against that is that you don't need offers for a big game..people,will want to come anyway. However in this case it's a matter of trying to get people to come long term rather than a one off so it's worth a try with any/every match to get them hooked.

Although if you're a hard working bloke doing every hour under the sun (and more) you might resent paying more than 4 times what a student is paying

I worry about our marketing efforts, they are truly hopeless.

I reckon one of the problems is who are they marketing to..are they trying to entice those that have never been, attract back those who for whatever reason have stopped going, retain those who are regulars, try to get the occasionals to come more often?? lack of focus means efforts fall between two stools and so no group is marketed to as much as is required and it all seems a bit half hearted

I reckon one of the problems is who are they marketing to..are they trying to entice those that have never been, attract back those who for whatever reason have stopped going, retain those who are regulars, try to get the occasionals to come more often?? lack of focus means efforts fall between two stools and so no group is marketed to as much as is required and it all seems a bit half hearted

When you think about it, we're trying to sell something that involves (at this time of year) sitting out in the cold, with no guarantee of entertainment, no free parking, for over £20.00.

When you put it like that it's a tough sell. If people have a bad first experience and go home frozen then they aren't coming back. If they got into the habit in the better weather then they are hooked.

For what it's worth I think the price of watching foot is far,far too high. A whole generation of kids have missed out on regularly attending games.

When you think about it, we're trying to sell something that involves (at this time of year) sitting out in the cold, with no guarantee of entertainment, no free parking, for over £20.00.

When you put it like that it's a tough sell. If people have a bad first experience and go home frozen then they aren't coming back. If they got into the habit in the better weather then they are hooked.

For what it's worth I think the price of watching foot is far,far too high. A whole generation of kids have missed out on regularly attending games.

entertainment?????? it's not a circus, you got because you like / enjoy watching football, i think it's crazy even trying to aim it at student's anyway, 90% of student's are to busy protesting over something because they havent got there own way.

entertainment?????? it's not a circus, you got because you like / enjoy watching football, i think it's crazy even trying to aim it at student's anyway, 90% of student's are to busy protesting over something because they havent got there own way.

I don't disagree, but there are so many more things to do with £23 and your time these days that we've GOT to be more imaginative and creative in getting people to come and watch us.

I'm a student at staffs. What you think a student is and what a student actually is are two completly different things. I work just as many hours a week as most full time employee's for a bursary that is a) not enough to keep me and my family afloat and b) is getting cut by the tories. Most people who go to Staffs are from round this area, students are all ages, most people are working class and by and large just want to better themselves for the good of their career and prospects.

The idea that comes across from you and a few other people on here that students are 'protesting, lazy, tight arse, pompous, up their own backside, outsider's' is quite frankly ridiculous. I know I'll get the usual 'but thats my opinion' nonsense but it's that mentality that puts decent people off going.

And just for reference, I've seen nothing on neither the Stafford or the Stoke campus advertising this game, heard nothing from the staffs student union Facebook and next to no advertising in any local media for this offer. In fact the only time I've seen this offer is on this forum.

Point the stick at vales advertising team if no one comes and takes up the offer, not the students, cus they probably just don't know about it.

Archived