onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno Ribeiro's press silence prompts rumours and speculation

News Feed

Advert

You're blinded fella.

Preach your "Everything is rosy and nothing is wrong anywhere at the club" nonsense to other people.

You're blinded fella.

Preach your "Everything is rotten and everything is wrong anywhere at the club" nonsense to other people.

See what I did there?

You're blinded fella.

Preach your "Everything is rotten and everything is wrong anywhere at the club" nonsense to other people.

See what I did there?

I don't think that everything is rotten at the club though.

Fa cup prices are great. Student offer is great. Alex Jones is a gem. Nathan Smith and Remie Streete are a great pairing. I've said many times that Norman's build of the club off the pitch since he has arrived has been really good.

My sisters were mascots this year and were treated wonderfully and the whole experience was a credit to the club and those who work behind the scenes.

And admittedly I post more concerns than I do positives.

However, there is an issue as to why the manager isn't speaking to the press and if you can't see that then more fool you.

Heres to three points on Saturday and Andy Smith telling us how we achieved it.

UTV.

I don't think that everything is rotten at the club though.

Fa cup prices are great. Student offer is great. Alex Jones is a gem. Nathan Smith and Remie Streete are a great pairing. I've said many times that Norman's build of the club off the pitch since he has arrived has been really good.

My sisters were mascots this year and were treated wonderfully and the whole experience was a credit to the club and those who work behind the scenes.

And admittedly I post more concerns than I do positives.

However, there is an issue as to why the manager isn't speaking to the press and if you can't see that then more fool you.

Heres to three points on Saturday and Andy Smith telling us how we achieved it.

UTV.

:ohmy:

Okay, fair one on the above and that's good to hear. I do though wonder why it is an "issue" the manager doesn't speak. Pepe never did post match at Bayern or Barca, he only ever did the press conferences.

But Bruno doesn't do any of those things currently. When was the last time he communicated with the press? MK Dons wasn't it?

I think he should talk to the press and let the supporters hear what he's got to say.

Every other manager does it. The only one I can think of off hand who kept his distance was Sir Alex for a short time.

Surely it's reasonable to expect the manager of your club to speak to the media.

It's like the PM not speaking and letting Cabinet members do all the interviews. It's not ideal, it shows a lack of leadership & the longer it goes on the worse it gets.

Personally, I just think that the poor run we've had has knocked him back a little and together with his limited spoken English he decided to let Smith do a few interviews and it's simply continued from there. Smith is bullish, in your face, doesn't get fazed, and perhaps is more than happy to take the spotlight off the manager.

But I don't see anything unreasonable whatsoever in expecting the manager of your football club to speak to the media.

Personally I would prefer Bruno to do his talking on the pitch. I dont care who faces the press to say how hard they [players] tried... great dressing room.... players are appy etc.

Its usual for the manager to do it so people seem to expect it but would it be any different if he did?... apart from the odd outburst, "Im putting them all on the transfer list" its the same old same old... it wont put bums on seats.

Personally I would prefer Bruno to do his talking on the pitch. I dont care who faces the press to say how hard they [players] tried... great dressing room.... players are appy etc.

Its usual for the manager to do it so people seem to expect it but would it be any different if he did?... apart from the odd outburst, "Im putting them all on the transfer list" its the same old same old... it wont put bums on seats.

I agree Geo. The issue I have is that Bruno had done almost all of the talking to the media and then the day after MK Dons he went silent.

If it was simply because he has delegated the media duties to Smith and Brown then fair enough. And that I have no problem with. Sadly though, rumours are flying around. I've asked Norman three times on twitter with no comment back. Some guy was embroiled in a conversation with him yesterday on twitter and then asked the question about Bruno's silence. Conversation stopped. All this makes me be convinced there is an issue. And like I stated previous it's all very coincidental that the silence came as the "who paid for the hotel" argument was happening.

Even more damning is the silence from the sentinel and RS as to why this has occurred out of the blue with no explanation whatsoever.

I'm sure they know.

I understand some fans comments about it not being an issue if he talks to the press or not. Lots of managers do it. The issue lies with the fact that it happened suddenly, after Norman wasn't happy that Bruno had said he had to pay for a hotel, and now the fans are left to make assumptions, rightly or wrongly.

Norman is very vocal on twitter and a quick explanation would have sufficed but I believe the explanation would probably lead to some more grief for him and so he's keeping his mouth shut.

But whilst we are 7th in the league it's more of a topical factor than a major concern.

I sit in Lorne street and believe me the times that Bruno appears to just stand/sit there without any emotion or communication with Smith and/or Brown are bewildering. It's actually a joke sometimes between us if he turns up at all because there have been occasions when he just glides in well after kick off!

From his "Appy" early season demeanour he does now give off vibes that he "Ain't Appy!"

Archived