onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno Ribeiro's press silence prompts rumours and speculation

News Feed

Advert

On Saturday Ray Williams came out with a statement that he ( Ray ) doesn't tell lies unlike others who came to the microphone. A very bold statement I thought at the time. Thinking about it since, was he referring to Bruno and maybe he has said this to Bruno prompting his boycotting of any interviews with radio stoke?

On Saturday Ray Williams came out with a statement that he ( Ray ) doesn't tell lies unlike others who came to the microphone. A very bold statement I thought at the time. Thinking about it since, was he referring to Bruno and maybe he has said this to Bruno prompting his boycotting of any interviews with radio stoke?

I very much doubt Ray was referring to Bruno.

When I heard that comment my initial thought was that he was on about Andy Smith.He had just been on the radio and he was on about Grant going back on to the pitch.Andy Smith said something like that he didnt see what had happened he wasn't there at the time.If he had been there he would have stopped Grant going back on the pitch.But thats nothing more than a guess for me.

I cant believe that everyone is giving Bruno the benefit of the doubt on this one. There is no excuse for his silence. At best, he's shying away from a crucial part of his role as manager, which is to lead from the front and communicate withe fans. At worst, he's lost interest and wants away. Either way, speculation will be rife, and rightly so.

If we're talking about the Sentinel as well as Radio Stoke then the way he talks during interviews is less important. The Sentinel simply transcribe what was said - so it wouldn't matter if he mispronounced things or if his grammar wasn't great (both of which, in my opinion, would be understandable and not worthy of criticism anyway). But if it's a concern about how his English interviews sound I can't understand why there's nowt in the Sentinel as well as nowt on the Radio.

I still don't think it's a particularly big deal as long as he's doing the job on the touchline and in training etc though I do take Stockleys_socks point that it is usually accepted as part of the manager's job to lead from the front and communicate with fans.

If we're talking about the Sentinel as well as Radio Stoke then the way he talks during interviews is less important. The Sentinel simply transcribe what was said - so it wouldn't matter if he mispronounced things or if his grammar wasn't great (both of which, in my opinion, would be understandable and not worthy of criticism anyway). But if it's a concern about how his English interviews sound I can't understand why there's nowt in the Sentinel as well as nowt on the Radio.

I still don't think it's a particularly big deal as long as he's doing the job on the touchline and in training etc though I do take Stockleys_socks point that it is usually accepted as part of the manager's job to lead from the front and communicate with fans.

There's nowt in the Sentinel, surely because Baggers can't get access to anyone for a quote. He can only report second hand at this time, right?

He has been silenced by the chairman. I'm convinced.

If it was something as simple as not feeling confident enough to speak, we would know by now.

The **** hit the fan when he spoke to the press about the hotel situation and since the MK Dons game we haven't heard from him since.

Put two and two together and get four.

It's pretty simple.

Norman has gagged him.

There's nowt in the Sentinel, surely because Baggers can't get access to anyone for a quote. He can only report second hand at this time, right?

I'm not sure. I thought he was still going to the Thursday press days just not getting access to the press facilities on matchdays. Plus, some of the Sentinel articles earlier this season seemed to contain quotes from Ribeiro that were exclusive to the paper (i.e. not just second-hand from the club or Radio Stoke).

Perhaps someone can correct me if that is not the case but I thought the main issue with the Sentinel was NS not talking to them (plus the taking away of matchday facilities) and that other members of the club were still talking to the paper. However, I may be wrong and all the content is indeed just from other sources.

It was a coded message I thought aimed at his fellow presenter Blakeman and summarisers such as Sproson and Vanders. I took it that he was trying to protect his own position.

He has been silenced by the chairman. I'm convinced.

If it was something as simple as not feeling confident enough to speak, we would know by now.

The **** hit the fan when he spoke to the press about the hotel situation and since the MK Dons game we haven't heard from him since.

Put two and two together and get four.

It's pretty simple.

Norman has gagged him.

Think you've come up with 1,623,479 rather than 4 there.

Archived