Vale, have only got 1 ball....

philmpv

Given how Bruno wants this high tempo, passing carpet football, why on earth do we only have 1 ball available during the match? Having to wait for the ball to be thrown back from the crowd etc slows things down unnecessarily in my view, and gives the game that stop start feel which isn't conducive to a good atmosphere. Surely giving each ball boy a spare ball would give us that option to speed things up a little when we want to (and the spares could always be put away when we're winning.... :-)). Can't understand it.

Advert:

Is that for all English leagues as I'm sure I've seen it many times on match of the day this season?

You're mistaken. Multi ball is no longer possible - 3 or 4 seasons ago I reckon.

When it was possible, it was only allowed if BOTH teams agreed to use it at the same time. I read that on the notice board in the Vale changing room when my eldest was a mascot in 2006, and for some reason haven't forgotten it.

You're mistaken. Multi ball is no longer possible - 3 or 4 seasons ago I reckon.

When it was possible, it was only allowed if BOTH teams agreed to use it at the same time. I read that on the notice board in the Vale changing room when my eldest was a mascot in 2006, and for some reason haven't forgotten it.

Must be my age catching up with me! Apologies all!

Advert:

Off topic I know, but how time flies

Given how Bruno wants this high tempo, passing carpet football, why on earth do we only have 1 ball available during the match? Having to wait for the ball to be thrown back from the crowd etc slows things down unnecessarily in my view, and gives the game that stop start feel which isn't conducive to a good atmosphere. Surely giving each ball boy a spare ball would give us that option to speed things up a little when we want to (and the spares could always be put away when we're winning.... :-)). Can't understand it.

Vale only have one ball.

And Grant has walked off with it!

Advert:

Archived