onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Arguing between fans

pvfc.pride.england

Hi all, just wanted people's opinions on something that seems like it's becoming a trend, arguing between fans, it happened at bury, and resulted in a bloke being thrown out, it happened yesterday at bolton, the guy was about eight rows down from me, and the other guy was about four rows down from me, but the guy eight rows down was standing up, shouting and even going red in the face, fair enough, i can understand people p1ssed off at being three nil down within twenty minutes, but if anything it's ignorant, at bury it was the row infront of me, and you cant watch the game becuz two people are standing up arguing, it's embarrasing, if you find the performance that unacceptable that you need to have a pop at someone else's opinion in the game, you should either leave or wait for the player's to come out after the game and tell them how you truly feel, and after the game yesterday, the coaches couldnt leave for about ten minute's becuz the guy who got thrown out when they scored there second was arguing with somebody by the coaches, all the arguing at a football match, it's absoulutly crazy, just wondering what other people's opinions are on this, thanks.

Advert

Hi all, just wanted people's opinions on something that seems like it's becoming a trend, arguing between fans, it happened at bury, and resulted in a bloke being thrown out, it happened yesterday at bolton, the guy was about eight rows down from me, and the other guy was about four rows down from me, but the guy eight rows down was standing up, shouting and even going red in the face, fair enough, i can understand people p1ssed off at being three nil down within twenty minutes, but if anything it's ignorant, at bury it was the row infront of me, and you cant watch the game becuz two people are standing up arguing, it's embarrasing, if you find the performance that unacceptable that you need to have a pop at someone else's opinion in the game, you should either leave or wait for the player's to come out after the game and tell them how you truly feel, and after the game yesterday, the coaches couldnt leave for about ten minute's becuz the guy who got thrown out when they scored there second was arguing with somebody by the coaches, all the arguing at a football match, it's absoulutly crazy, just wondering what other people's opinions are on this, thanks.

Drink is the problem.now shut the **** up.:wink:

Of course when things are not going well there will be arguments in the heat of the moment, usually their mates try to cool things down to avoid things getting out of hand, otherwise the stewards intervene. I don't think it is something that can be stopped, football is very emotive, comments are always flowing during a game and people banter or ignore it, occasionally as on here there is a fierce clash of opinions. Obviously more prevalent during poor spells/performances, but nothing new whereas in the standing era fists would more easily fly.

Of course when things are not going well there will be arguments in the heat of the moment, usually their mates try to cool things down to avoid things getting out of hand, otherwise the stewards intervene. I don't think it is something that can be stopped, football is very emotive, comments are always flowing durinNg a game and people banter or ignore it, occasionally as on here there is a fierce clash of opinions. Obviously more prevalent during poor spells/performances, but nothing new whereas in the standing era fists would more easily fly.

Good opinion fosse69, will agree with that.

The big following yesterday meant we saw the return of the more moronic element. We were sitting in the back row above the corner flag. Two people moved over to our area because their view was being blocked by a load of folk standing up behind the goal in front of them. Next thing, there was a bit of a fracas between a bloke and the stewards in front of us towards the bottom of the stand. In a flash, loads of the lads who had been standing behind the goal came rushing across the seats in front of us to join in the trouble. They weren't watching the match at all, they were just shouting a gesturing at the police and stewards. A lot of them seemed to leave at half time. And they paid 26 quid for that!!

The big following yesterday meant we saw the return of the more moronic element. We were sitting in the back row above the corner flag. Two people moved over to our area because their view was being blocked by a load of folk standing up behind the goal in front of them. Next thing, there was a bit of a fracas between a bloke and the stewards in front of us towards the bottom of the stand. In a flash, loads of the lads who had been standing behind the goal came rushing across the seats in front of us to join in the trouble. They weren't watching the match at all, they were just shouting a gesturing at the police and stewards. A lot of them seemed to leave at half time. And they paid 26 quid for that!!

Seems you paid £26 to watch the 'moronic element' shout and gesture at the police.

I think there are a few dozen who go to away games for a day out,on the train, principally to get pissed and perhaps watch a match while they're there, and then get even more pissed on the way back. I think if the Vale are doing badly it then kicks off but if they've got plastered and tried out a few new ales then I don't think the football bothers them too much as they've had a good day and done what they set out to do.

Some don't attend home games because it's the novelty of going somewhere different for the day that attracts them. Hence, the good away followings at places like Bolton and Sheffield.

They always come out of the woodwork and will be there at Shrewsbury no doubt for a relegation 6 pointer. :wink:

As you probably know I attend away games and yesterday chose a seat where I thought I would be comfortable and able to watch the game. After the second goal all hell seemed to erupt around me and eventually I was forced to ask the steward if I could move. I then am sitting in a seat out of the trouble spot, not of my choosing.

Beginning to question my away travel, the football is dire and the cost each month is like a mortgage, simply not worth the outlay.

As you probably know I attend away games and yesterday chose a seat where I thought I would be comfortable and able to watch the game. After the second goal all hell seemed to erupt around me and eventually I was forced to ask the steward if I could move. I then am sitting in a seat out of the trouble spot, not of my choosing.

Beginning to question my away travel, the football is dire and the cost each month is like a mortgage, simply not worth the outlay.

That's the biggest downside of attending away games,you can't choose your neighbours!!

I think there are a few dozen who go to away games for a day out,on the train, principally to get pissed and perhaps watch a match while they're there, and then get even more pissed on the way back. I think if the Vale are doing badly it then kicks off but if they've got plastered and tried out a few new ales then I don't think the football bothers them too much as they've had a good day and done what they set out to do.

Some don't attend home games because it's the novelty of going somewhere different for the day that attracts them. Hence, the good away followings at places like Bolton and Sheffield.

They always come out of the woodwork and will be there at Shrewsbury no doubt for a relegation 6 pointer. :wink:

I don't consider getting pissed out of your mind a good day out. Why go to a match , and not be able to remember it the next day,

even if Sat was worth forgetting? They clearly can't handle their drink, and I don't blame some Vale fans for not wanting to be around them at away matches.

Archived