onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Controversial team issue

philmpv

Advert

Grant is a defensive midfielder who's job should simply be to shield the back 4. However we seem to be trying to build our team around him and try to get everything to go through him. He hasn't got a creative or attacking bone in his body so it's not surprising the team looks clueless going forward.

.....drop Grant. Many posters on here have often accused him of slowing down the play too much, particularly at home, leading to us having to pass sideways and backwards again as the opposing team are back behind the ball by then. IF we dropped Grant (and, let's be honest, he's not been at all good recently, and those who will say he's needed to protect the back four, just look at the recent games. We can't do much worse without him), replace him with Amoros, who at least looks forward and moves quickly, and see what a difference, if any, that makes to the system that we're trying to play. When Foley's back, I'd play him in the 'Grant' role, as he's so obviously not a number 10. Play Thomas in the number 10 role, bring in Shalaj on the left, with Jones/Cecilia up top. Our midfield needs to be much closer to the front man (particularly at home), and Grant doesn't help the situation by always looking for the slow, short pass.

Just my opinion, but it's obvious that something else needs trying. I'm not blaming Bruno (as nobody can legislate for virtually all of the players not turning up, generally, in the first halves of games), but he does need to say whatever he says at half time before the game begins! The players have to stand up and be counted, particularly in games like today, and from what I've heard it's quite simple - they didn't.

Not blaming Bruno ??? A lack of commitment a lack of pure desire to do well for the club the fans and the manager. Tinker all you like with formation when you have a leader that can not inspire a team your finished I would love to be a fly on the wall at half time hearing Bruno give a ticking off in several languages.

We all know our league position is a very false one we are a bottom two side and most of the time we could not compete in league 2 or below.

The next thing heading our way is another fa cup exit and a thousand fans a week fewer through the gates a Norman scratching his head and telling us how much he has spent and how we should feel sorry for him for believing Bruno's bs

We lost the battle in midfield today and Grant was poor first half. We had no attack and didn't defend in front of the box first half. But the main problem is Bolton have better players and a better team.

However, clearly we have problems. We don't look like scoring. Because we have defensive fullbacks we are not able to be positive on the flanks and have the front three get in and around the box centrally. Nor can we have positive possession and out number the opposition in midfield using the fullbacks. And just at the moment we don't look solid in defence as teams play through us like today.

There are a raft of problems to solve including starting in the first half.

Leave Grant and Tavares out. Restore Purkiss at right back (the back four was fine early on in the season) use Taylor in Grants role (his position is said to be central defender/midfielder) and De Freitas in place of Tavares. Add to this any combination of TWO strikers.

As bad as Grant is currently playing, I would take him every day of the week over Tavares, whose continuing inclusion in the team just beggars belief.

I can't remember the last time Tavares passed the ball forwards or even ran past the front player/s. We are nothing like mobile and attacking minded enough in midfield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was hoping for more maturity from Tavares. For an experienced 30 year old he makes some poor decisions that you'd expect to see from a much younger player.

Then again look at how many career appearances he's made in 12 years, not even 200. Something isn't right there.

Not blaming Bruno ??? A lack of commitment a lack of pure desire to do well for the club the fans and the manager. Tinker all you like with formation when you have a leader that can not inspire a team your finished I would love to be a fly on the wall at half time hearing Bruno give a ticking off in several languages.

We all know our league position is a very false one we are a bottom two side and most of the time we could not compete in league 2 or below.

The next thing heading our way is another fa cup exit and a thousand fans a week fewer through the gates a Norman scratching his head and telling us how much he has spent and how we should feel sorry for him for believing Bruno's bs

Which other teams are in a false position? We can't be the only ones, surely?

We're over a third of the way through the season, the table doesn't lie after 16 games.

Win the next league game and the points tally would be looking very decent.

It's fairly clear we can't live with the Sheff Uniteds or Boltons of this league but we are more than capable of beating pretty much anyone else.

Are our players slow learners? surely they practise defending, since the Bury match we've played 12 league matches where we've let in 26 goals...just watched the goals, then Shrewsburys and their manager came on and said we've lost a few games by big scores so we've sorting the defence out, why don't we?

I thought we had a big enough squad that if a players off form put someone else in, all teams know if they pressure us in the first half get 1 0r 2 goals then defend them.

W3,D3,L6 are the rumours right and theres trouble in the dressing room? if so its got to be sorted and quick, cause it looks as if the manager has his favorites who are on the team sheet every week, good or bad. And we've got Stevenage next, then Doncaster!!!

Archived