onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Controversial team issue

philmpv

We're over a third of the way through the season, the table doesn't lie after 16 games.

Win the next league game and the points tally would be looking very decent.

It's fairly clear we can't live with the Sheff Uniteds or Boltons of this league but we are more than capable of beating pretty much anyone else.

what, like oxford? coventry? i dont buy this not good enough for the like's of bolton and sheffield united, people make out like we have to roll a red carpet out for them becuz there ground is over 25,000 and they get gates of over 10,000, what a load of cat ****.

Advert

what, like oxford? coventry? i dont buy this not good enough for the like's of bolton and sheffield united, people make out like we have to roll a red carpet out for them becuz there ground is over 25,000 and they get gates of over 10,000, what a load of cat ****.

The results don't lie, not just those against us but against most other L1 sides they've played.

The results don't lie, not just those against us but against most other L1 sides they've played.

Let's just be realistic, were like them warehouses in manchester in cheetham hill selling fake foreign designer gear, it looks good and sounds good, but when it come's to quality, it's cheap foreign crap that doesnt perform, go on, somebody tell me that's a racist comment.

Sheffield United & Bolton Wanderers 7 Port Vale 1

Do you really think the attendances and budgets of those two don't give them a massive advantage?

Sheffield United & Bolton Wanderers 7 Port Vale 1

Do you really think the attendances and budgets of those two don't give them a massive advantage?

not when weve been promised 'promotion' and playoff contending no, and been told 'the amazing talent weve got coming in'! you sound like your happy to pay £26 to watch what i did yesterday, plus the money on travelling etc, it's totally unacceptable.

Let's just be realistic, were like them warehouses in manchester in cheetham hill selling fake foreign designer gear, it looks good and sounds good, but when it come's to quality, it's cheap foreign crap that doesnt perform, go on, somebody tell me that's a racist comment.

Racist comment? It's much more than that, it's a numb comment. Virtually all designer clothing is made outside the UK, as is the case with the vast majority of consumer products. Quality is nothing to do with foreign, it's to do with how good, or poor, something is.

Basically a lot of the players bought in this summer are not up to scratch irrelevant of where they're from. It's no different than when we signed Kyle Perry & Richie Sutton, decent lads but just not of the required standard.

not when weve been promised 'promotion' and playoff contending no, and been told 'the amazing talent weve got coming in'! you sound like your happy to pay £26 to watch what i did yesterday, plus the money on travelling etc, it's totally unacceptable.

Nope, I pick and choose my away games and yesterday was never happening at £26.00.

I'm bemused by how many fans we've got who swell the finances of our rivals but never show up at home. It just shows that if people can find £26 plus a day's beer money, the use of our admission costs as an excuse for staying away from home games as bullshiiit.

Nope, I pick and choose my away games and yesterday was never happening at £26.00.

I'm bemused by how many fans we've got who swell the finances of our rivals but never show up at home. It just shows that if people can find £26 plus a day's beer money, the use of our admission costs as an excuse for staying away from home games as bullshiiit.

You won't get me at the game vs stevenage, because they owe me £26, I can honestly say after spending that at the game, £13.50 on the coach, perhaps £10 on some food and about two or three pints, it was all a total waste, what did I get in return? Nothing, literally nothing.

Grant is a defensive midfielder who's job should simply be to shield the back 4. However we seem to be trying to build our team around him and try to get everything to go through him. He hasn't got a creative or attacking bone in his body so it's not surprising the team looks clueless going forward.

100% true

From pre season I saw this football that was played through Grant every time.

Facing his own goal every time he receives the ball.

IF Grant was a 'footballer' he would most definitely be in the championship.

He is not and the sooner we have a team that uses him as the defensive midfielder he is the better.

We don't have this team unfortunately. Tavares is too slow and as I have said before

the rest of the foreign legion are poor quality.

In Grants defence I will say that his exceptional performances early season

carried the rest of the midfield.

Grant has now had a dip in form, a big dip and we look so poor.

We cannot protect a young central defence that are still learning and

we certainly cannot offer and attacking threat to the team.

Maybe Grant has given in and is happy to wait till Jan and his departure for £25000

Maybe we can expect his sending off soon and a three game ban [ break ]

Whatever the issue, if we don't have the defensive king pin Grant in our team and playing to 100% effort then we will struggle every game

I guess I'm the off one out but I like Tavares. Granted he's not been great recently but neither has anyone else.

I really don't think we should be swapping out our best players and just because grant struggled Saturday doesn't mean he should be dropped. I would look at bringing pereira and de Freitas into the side though (the latter looks a great player) as does amaros.

We really need our midfield to start turning up as on paper that's where our quality is supposed to lie.

Everyone is entitled to a poor game now and again. They are league one footballers. The big problem is that we have no-one else remotely in Grant's class as a defensive midfielder and so when he's missing we look like a pub team.

Tortoise Tavares and the other young lads from abroad are nowhere near ready yet and it's a great shame that we were happy to see the likes of O'Connor and Dodds walk away when both would be automatic picks.

Grant won't be at his best if he wants away - that's true - but the problem isn't him. It's the fact that of the 35 players we've got only about 8 of them are good enough and like some of the other senior pros (like Foley & Thomas) he is trying to carry the rest of the side on his shoulders.

Its common for teams to play with 2 holding midifelders. so we need them in there and even though Grant and Tavares are in a poor run of form I can't see who can come in for both of them.

Do we try another combination in there? Brown is usually very good at keeping the ball but I think his legs have long gone. I don't think Amoros is a defensive player either. Who else can go there, Defrietas? Periera? I'm not convinced.

So whilst they both may not be playing well I don't think the squad has the depth to drop both of them at the same time. Of course Brunos hand will be forced at some point with injuries and suspensions. But for me the problem is more around the defensive midfielders in their outlets and the formation we're playing. We seem to have nowhere to go.

You won't get me at the game vs stevenage, because they owe me £26, I can honestly say after spending that at the game, £13.50 on the coach, perhaps £10 on some food and about two or three pints, it was all a total waste, what did I get in return? Nothing, literally nothing.

You should know by now that football is mainly disappointment. If you go through it thinking it owes you then you may as well stop going.

Its common for teams to play with 2 holding midifelders. so we need them in there and even though Grant and Tavares are in a poor run of form I can't see who can come in for both of them.

Do we try another combination in there? Brown is usually very good at keeping the ball but I think his legs have long gone. I don't think Amoros is a defensive player either. Who else can go there, Defrietas? Periera? I'm not convinced.

So whilst they both may not be playing well I don't think the squad has the depth to drop both of them at the same time. Of course Brunos hand will be forced at some point with injuries and suspensions. But for me the problem is more around the defensive midfielders in their outlets and the formation we're playing. We seem to have nowhere to go.

You should know by now that football is mainly disappointment. If you go through it thinking it owes you then you may as well stop going.

I'm not completely basing it on that, I'm just not happy at all in the manner of how we lost, do some of them players, cecellia, tavares really care about us? No they don't, don't really understand how people can call this a blip, we are falling like a rock in a well.

Let's judge it on the next few games in which we aren't facing sides much bigger and let's be honest better than us, e.g. Sheffield and Bolton. Remember how well Scunthorpe are doing and what we did to them. I'm sure we've got some very decent players in our side just maybe not good enough to compete with the likes of Bolton. Especially when not giving 100%. I don't think it's time to worry yet

Archived