onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Controversial team issue

philmpv

.....drop Grant. Many posters on here have often accused him of slowing down the play too much, particularly at home, leading to us having to pass sideways and backwards again as the opposing team are back behind the ball by then. IF we dropped Grant (and, let's be honest, he's not been at all good recently, and those who will say he's needed to protect the back four, just look at the recent games. We can't do much worse without him), replace him with Amoros, who at least looks forward and moves quickly, and see what a difference, if any, that makes to the system that we're trying to play. When Foley's back, I'd play him in the 'Grant' role, as he's so obviously not a number 10. Play Thomas in the number 10 role, bring in Shalaj on the left, with Jones/Cecilia up top. Our midfield needs to be much closer to the front man (particularly at home), and Grant doesn't help the situation by always looking for the slow, short pass.

Just my opinion, but it's obvious that something else needs trying. I'm not blaming Bruno (as nobody can legislate for virtually all of the players not turning up, generally, in the first halves of games), but he does need to say whatever he says at half time before the game begins! The players have to stand up and be counted, particularly in games like today, and from what I've heard it's quite simple - they didn't.

Advert

Guest TommyMac
As bad as Grant is currently playing, I would take him every day of the week over Tavares, whose continuing inclusion in the team just beggars belief.

+1 Tavares is clueless.

As bad as Grant is currently playing, I would take him every day of the week over Tavares, whose continuing inclusion in the team just beggars belief.

Sorry I should have made clear that I would drop Tavares too, as he's playing equally poorly, as soon as Foley is back.

Is it just me but i really dont see what people see in Tavares

I think he earns his place cus he got a beard, hes Portuguese and his name sounds good but hes the worst player we've had since Craig James but I think he's a big earner at Vale so got to play.

Grant can be a very good player as we all know - but only when he wants to be. His efforts over the past few weeks have been a million miles short of his usual standard and it's up to Mr Ribero to manage that; is he carrying an injury or is his dummy out? Given his recent form it's not controversial to consider dropping him. However, our problems are much, much deeper than how Anthony Grant is performing right now.

Archived