Controversial team issue

philmpv

.....drop Grant. Many posters on here have often accused him of slowing down the play too much, particularly at home, leading to us having to pass sideways and backwards again as the opposing team are back behind the ball by then. IF we dropped Grant (and, let's be honest, he's not been at all good recently, and those who will say he's needed to protect the back four, just look at the recent games. We can't do much worse without him), replace him with Amoros, who at least looks forward and moves quickly, and see what a difference, if any, that makes to the system that we're trying to play. When Foley's back, I'd play him in the 'Grant' role, as he's so obviously not a number 10. Play Thomas in the number 10 role, bring in Shalaj on the left, with Jones/Cecilia up top. Our midfield needs to be much closer to the front man (particularly at home), and Grant doesn't help the situation by always looking for the slow, short pass.

Just my opinion, but it's obvious that something else needs trying. I'm not blaming Bruno (as nobody can legislate for virtually all of the players not turning up, generally, in the first halves of games), but he does need to say whatever he says at half time before the game begins! The players have to stand up and be counted, particularly in games like today, and from what I've heard it's quite simple - they didn't.

Advert:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TommyMac
As bad as Grant is currently playing, I would take him every day of the week over Tavares, whose continuing inclusion in the team just beggars belief.

+1 Tavares is clueless.

Advert:

As bad as Grant is currently playing, I would take him every day of the week over Tavares, whose continuing inclusion in the team just beggars belief.

Sorry I should have made clear that I would drop Tavares too, as he's playing equally poorly, as soon as Foley is back.

Advert:

Grant can be a very good player as we all know - but only when he wants to be. His efforts over the past few weeks have been a million miles short of his usual standard and it's up to Mr Ribero to manage that; is he carrying an injury or is his dummy out? Given his recent form it's not controversial to consider dropping him. However, our problems are much, much deeper than how Anthony Grant is performing right now.

Advert:

Grant is a defensive midfielder who's job should simply be to shield the back 4. However we seem to be trying to build our team around him and try to get everything to go through him. He hasn't got a creative or attacking bone in his body so it's not surprising the team looks clueless going forward.

.....drop Grant. Many posters on here have often accused him of slowing down the play too much, particularly at home, leading to us having to pass sideways and backwards again as the opposing team are back behind the ball by then. IF we dropped Grant (and, let's be honest, he's not been at all good recently, and those who will say he's needed to protect the back four, just look at the recent games. We can't do much worse without him), replace him with Amoros, who at least looks forward and moves quickly, and see what a difference, if any, that makes to the system that we're trying to play. When Foley's back, I'd play him in the 'Grant' role, as he's so obviously not a number 10. Play Thomas in the number 10 role, bring in Shalaj on the left, with Jones/Cecilia up top. Our midfield needs to be much closer to the front man (particularly at home), and Grant doesn't help the situation by always looking for the slow, short pass.

Just my opinion, but it's obvious that something else needs trying. I'm not blaming Bruno (as nobody can legislate for virtually all of the players not turning up, generally, in the first halves of games), but he does need to say whatever he says at half time before the game begins! The players have to stand up and be counted, particularly in games like today, and from what I've heard it's quite simple - they didn't.

Not blaming Bruno ??? A lack of commitment a lack of pure desire to do well for the club the fans and the manager. Tinker all you like with formation when you have a leader that can not inspire a team your finished I would love to be a fly on the wall at half time hearing Bruno give a ticking off in several languages.

We all know our league position is a very false one we are a bottom two side and most of the time we could not compete in league 2 or below.

The next thing heading our way is another fa cup exit and a thousand fans a week fewer through the gates a Norman scratching his head and telling us how much he has spent and how we should feel sorry for him for believing Bruno's bs

Archived