onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup 2016/17

For Us All

Klopp's obviously thinking about Chelski in midweek Beechy and you can't treat decent Championship sides like that,just ask Stoke.One positive if they do go out is that it leaves them with just one target to aim at?

Liverpool will come again, I have no doubt about that. You don't become a bad team over the space of a few weeks. But without Mane it's quite clear there's not enough natural pace in the side going forward, and Klopp and the side need to adapt much better to sides that come to Anfield with a simple game plan of sticking as many men behind the ball as possible knowing that at some point in the game, be it in the first or last minute, they'll get a chance, usually gift wrapped to them.

Such is the way of the Premier League that I wouldn't be at all surprised if Liverpool don't suddenly find a performance and beat Chelsea next week, but they'll certainly need to improve dramatically.

Advert

Klopp's obviously thinking about Chelski in midweek Beechy and you can't treat decent Championship sides like that,just ask Stoke.One positive if they do go out is that it leaves them with just one target to aim at?
Tremendous defensive display, goals are easier to score on counter attacks, Wolves could have had a couple more.

9 changes for Liverpool today, which surprised me tbh as the Fa Cup was more than likely the only trophy they would win this season. Top 4 will take some doing at the moment also now. It looks like teams have sussed Liverpool out Beechylad. Maybe Klopps not so good after all. The fans are going mad on the forums, and rightly so.

That's why I don't bother with Liverpool forums. I've never known supporters over-react as much as Liverpool one's, and no doubt some are now calling for Klopp's head just weeks after claiming he was the second coming! We can all be fickle in regards to football but Christ, Liverpool supporters are something else.

I hope Liverpool do sack Klopp, as despite the stats, they are clearly improving under him. Various things going around social media that Rodgers and Van Gaal had better win ratios at Liverpool and Utd respectively, though they do not take into account the mess that Klopp inherited.

You only have to look at how much many of the players have improved under him, the likes of Henderson and Lallana, to know that he's doing a fine job. What manager in the game hasn't had a bad few weeks? Even Guardiola is looking very human this season after having absolutely everything his own way at Barcelona and FC Bayern. Klopp isn't perfect, he obviously needs to find ways for his team to win games of football when things aren't going smoothly, and he often makes his substitutions much too late, but any side would be fortunate to have him in my opinion.

Any talk of him being sacked suddenly is absolutely crazy.

Liverpool still had a team on paper that should have beat Wolves convincingly today, but it was a mix of young players who at this moment in time at least aren't quite ready and first-team candidates who are out of form. Origi was on fire for a spell but hadn't scored for 10 games until he bundled one in late and didn't look anywhere near as sharp as previously, Firmino scored two good goals against Swansea but has looked a bit out of sort since he had his haircut just before Christmas, though obviously that's just coincidental, and it's unfair to think Coutinho can suddenly come back from injury and be the same influence in a side suddenly devoid of confidence without him having a run of games to find his own sharpness. Ultimately Klopp took a big gamble today with one eye on the Chelsea game and it backfired, and he's right to take responsibility as ultimately it was his decision.

With that said I'm going for a 2-1 win over Chelsea right now. :wink:

Archived