onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Sheffield United v Port Vale

panhead

Just a personal opinion-I think some of his recent performances haven't been as convincing as those of last year and against mk I'm not sure he worked in the number 10 role so I'd give pereira a go especially after his hatrick in the reserves.

I would leave Foley in, didn't our experience with campion show us that scoring in the reserves didn't necessarily mean success in the first team?

Advert

I would leave Foley in, didn't our experience with campion show us that scoring in the reserves didn't necessarily mean success in the first team?

No but from what ive seen pereira is a better quality than campion. Also campion is a striker so hard to compare the two.

If Bolton really is £26 that's disgraceful and shows why football outside the premiership is dying. People cannot afford a near £100 day out, once you take transport, food, programme, and match entry and maybe a pint or two into account. In 20 years they will look back and ask why we didn't save our smaller clubs when we had the chance, and a lot of it will be due to ridiculous admission prices.

Yes , I agree . That's a ridiculous amount of moneyfor

a L1 match. Your words may come to pass in 20 years .

I struggled to get parked last season at Bramall Lane anyone got any sneaky parking advice?

Suggest you google Heeley City Farm, which is just off the A61,Chesterfield Rd. Lots of street parking around there.

Get there early though.

It's a 10 minute walk from there.

It's also very close to the aforementioned Sheaf View pub if you're wanting a beer.

Dont really know what to expect from this game ! Just hope we turn up and take it to them ! Sharpe is going to score for them ! He always does against us . So we need to score to get anything from this game , just hope we give a decent performance in front of a big crowd .

I think we need more pace up top than Patterson. He wasn't able to stretch the game enough last week and it meant we spent a large part of the game under the cosh as we just couldn't get up the pitch. I'd like to see Jones up top and then maybe Shalaj (spelling?) given a game on the wing. When fit I'd go back to Thomas.

I think we need more pace up top than Patterson. He wasn't able to stretch the game enough last week and it meant we spent a large part of the game under the cosh as we just couldn't get up the pitch. I'd like to see Jones up top and then maybe Shalaj (spelling?) given a game on the wing. When fit I'd go back to Thomas.

Tend to agree about Paterson, in spite of his very obvious effort.

Holding the ball up is also an issue as discussed at length.

I don't think Jones is yet the answer through the middle, as his hold up play has a long way to go as yet.

He said himself that being out wide has given him licence to roam and arrive unnoticed.

His threat would be nullified through the middle.

Sadly though, I don't have the answer to this dilemma.

Foley is our "engineroom" and must play. His high standards may not have been met exactly recently but he does so much work for the team we have to play him.

Sunday I thought he did much less than the others. Yes he ran but that was it. Same against Coventry, lots of running but doing little with the ball and made no tackles. I think he's a great player but I think we should try someone else on Saturday. Either Tavares or pereira given his hat trick in the week.

Tend to agree about Paterson, in spite of his very obvious effort.

Holding the ball up is also an issue as discussed at length.

I don't think Jones is yet the answer through the middle, as his hold up play has a long way to go as yet.

He said himself that being out wide has given him licence to roam and arrive unnoticed.

His threat would be nullified through the middle.

Sadly though, I don't have the answer to this dilemma.

Yeah Jones isn't ready for that. His hold up play against MK Dons proved that. Give him space and he's great but in tighter areas he's not the strongest.

Archived