onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Jones

grebovale

Advert

Nothing to do with the original post (I agree!) but the banner at the bottom of the article shows prices for their upcoming Tuesday night v Rotherham

I'm not knocking our prices as when they are reduced we don't see as big an uplift but it's stark how cheap Brum is versus Port Vale

I have no answer to this....I'm just saying like....if we dropped our prices to 15 quid we'd die as match day revenue I think would fall not rise, as not enough extra punters would come

Nothing to do with the original post (I agree!) but the banner at the bottom of the article shows prices for their upcoming Tuesday night v Rotherham

I'm not knocking our prices as when they are reduced we don't see as big an uplift but it's stark how cheap Brum is versus Port Vale

I have no answer to this....I'm just saying like....if we dropped our prices to 15 quid we'd die as match day revenue I think would fall not rise, as not enough extra punters would come

Not this again.

We have tried this many many times. Our poor attendances are nothing to do with price. If vale made the next home game free to get in the attendance would not surpass six thousand. You are either a die hard like me who would if necessary eat jam sandwiches for a week to be able to go up the vale on Saturday or you could not care less.

The challenge that we face is that any "fence sitters" are usually driven to attend by "glory hunting" and there has been little glory in the last ten years. No FA cup or any other cup run to mention. The fact is if it was a fiver to see vale at home to let's say Scunthorpe on a cold winters night the attendance would be sub 6000.

FA cup port vale v Man united full house.

The key to attendances is simply success on the pitch and more importantly consistency.

The biggest problem with vale is they constantly flatter to deceive appearing to be great and letting a bigger crowd down when they show up. You can just predict it as I did v Coventry. That part of Port Vale needs to go away.

Not this again.

We have tried this many many times. Our poor attendances are nothing to do with price. If vale made the next home game free to get in the attendance would not surpass six thousand. You are either a die hard like me who would if necessary eat jam sandwiches for a week to be able to go up the vale on Saturday or you could not care less.

The challenge that we face is that any "fence sitters" are usually driven to attend by "glory hunting" and there has been little glory in the last ten years. No FA cup or any other cup run to mention. The fact is if it was a fiver to see vale at home to let's say Scunthorpe on a cold winters night the attendance would be sub 6000.

The key to attendances is simply success on the pitch and more importantly consistency.

The biggest problem with vale is they constantly flatter to deceive appearing to be great and letting a bigger crowd down when they show up. You can just predict it as I did v Coventry. That part of Port Vale needs to go away.

See im afraid I disagree here, we do single and double game offers which are only really advertised to existing attending fans or in the sentinel (which most people under 40 don't read). If we reduced the prices for two seasons to £15 and £10 (adults and u16s) and advertised locally in the papers and billboards etc then over 2 years people will be attracted to the prices and start to come to games regularly again or start coming. I assume the cinema is dear to go to as last time i went it was. Could I tell you the price now? absolutely not but im not looking as now i do something different with my time. If for the next 12 months i see billboards telling me its only a fiver with a box of popcorn, ive been to the cinema i like it and when i get a free evening i might treat the family. If i saw a poster at the cinema telling me its £5 for the next two weeks, firstly im not there to see it and again even if i find out about it, i'm already doing other things and not likely to get involved because the time frame is so short.

Sustained price reduction campaigns work to attract new customers long term, knee jerk offers only get seen by the existing customers and are unlikely to get an uplift of more than 200 from an existing customer base of about 5000

Not this again.

Disagree - look at the attendance against Burton a few years ago - marketed spot on & priced right.

The difference now is if we did make it free, we'd forget to tell anyone!! Or over complicate it & make it conditional on a million things !

Disagree - look at the attendance against Burton a few years ago - marketed spot on & priced right.

The difference now is if we did make it free, we'd forget to tell anyone!! Or over complicate it & make it conditional on a million things !

The Burton game was a bit different though - local derby, both sides going for promotion. Given similar circumstances I'm sure there would be a similar result. That doesn't mean to say that any game would attract that level of support.

Archived