onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Perry Deakin gets a new job...

robf

I've been spring cleaning some old articles on OVF and was checking one about Perry Deakin leaving his time at Port Vale off his Linked In profile.

Link - http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2014/12/perry-deakin-rewrites-career-history/

It is still missing by the way. That's a breach of the Linked In terms which all users promise to "provide accurate information to us and keep it updated..."

Anyhow, I thought it was worth a look to see what Perry is up to. And he has a new job!

So I wondered:

1. Did his new employers check his (incorrect) Linked In profile when considering him? As it contained incorrect information (i.e. the Port Vale term is missing)

2. Did he contain his time at Port Vale on a CV if he submitted one? I hope he didn't obtain this position with false information!

3. If he's being paid a salary I presume he's also now in a position to pay for his (long) overdue shares.

I've emailed the Supporters Club with this information so that they can pass it on to the administrators Begsbies-Traynor.

I personally doubt it will make much difference (I suspect if he was declared bankrupt there's probably still some way payment can still be avoided) but it's the principle and I think it's still important to make the effort to try and make him pay up.

Advert

Was going to say, Vale must could under 'Various Consultancy Projects'

On a serious note and not that I'm defending Deakin in anyway I still don't really see him and Peter Miller as the biggest culprits in the whole sorry mess/saga that was Valiant 2001. Whilst Miller was clearly a wideboy(literally as well as figuratively!:laugh:) and he and Deakin made some questionable and frankly stupid business decisions that put the future of Port Vale in jeopardy, were they not brought into the club(initially anyway) as employees. and hence as an employee you work to whoever owns the businesses agenda? Like I said that's not a defence as what they did was morally shocking and in an ideal world Vale would somehow get that money back(but you can't blood out of a stone) but I still think there are other former members of the Vale board who got away scot free so to speak who initially employed Deakin and caused the club to get in the mess it did a lot more than him, yet they seem to get less of the blame?

Clearly Deakin made a career in marketing and graduated to CEO level before he worked at Vale, looking at it from a 'non-Vale fan' point of view wasn't Vale just one hell of a balls up by him and does that mean he should never be able to work again?(personally I'd question whether he should ever work in a CEO role again but otherwise maybe let the bloke get on with his life!)

Like I say I'm not saying he shouldn't be brought to account in one way or another but there are others who I'd like to see get some kind of justice much more than him.

I don't think you can say Vale was a "various consultancy" job.

As far as I was aware it was a permanent and full-time position.

Calling it a consultancy and not actually listing the company you worked for could well be interpreted as trying to pretend that role never happened (presumably because taking a football club into administration and not paying for your shares isn't something you want to have as a career highlight).

But my point about the Linked In profile is that the Ts and Cs stipulate you need to be accurate and calling a permanent role a "consultancy" just to avoid mentioning who you worked for seems a breech of the rules as far as I am concerned.

Maybe he wasn't on an actual full time employee contract so technically he can call himself a consultant? I don't know the answer to that. I do believe that if he was an employee then referring to his role at PVFC as a consultant role is at best inaccurate and at worst deliberately misleading.

Should he be allowed to work again? That's up to those considering employing him..the point is their decision should be made on accurate and complete information. No doubt they would scrutinise him regarding his "various consultancy" roles and it's up to them to do any background checks.....I'm sure a request for a reference from Port Vale Football Club would get the attention it deserves ;)

Although in reality the referee would probably be someone else from MOLD and I am sure they would be scrupulously honest in their assessment of him

Question to referee.."Would you employ the applicant again?" Answer "Yes, if a suitable role were available but as we've just knocked down the toilets we don't need a **** shoveller right now."

Maybe he wasn't on an actual full time employee contract so technically he can call himself a consultant? I don't know the answer to that. I do believe that if he was an employee then referring to his role at PVFC as a consultant role is at best inaccurate and at worst deliberately misleading.

Should he be allowed to work again? That's up to those considering employing him..the point is their decision should be made on accurate and complete information. No doubt they would scrutinise him regarding his "various consultancy" roles and it's up to them to do any background checks.....I'm sure a request for a reference from Port Vale Football Club would get the attention it deserves ;)

Although in reality the referee would probably be someone else from MOLD and I am sure they would be scrupulously honest in their assessment of him

Question to referee.."Would you employ the applicant again?" Answer "Yes, if a suitable role were available but as we've just knocked down the toilets we don't need a **** shoveller right now."

He was a Director!!!

I can't login on laptop due to issues with new update but Deakin is listing his time with PVFC on LinkedIn. dbe2038981c9fe22127343a70718cd14.jpg

If anyone wishes to know his current employer PM me but don't think this should give anyone reason to attack the company itself

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi Emile,

That's interesting. I'm sure that line about Port Vale wasn't there 24 hours ago...

I can only imagine one reason why that line has been added in the last 24 hours.

So, erm, "Hi Perry if you're reading this thread. Begsbies-Traynor's website is here and has their postal address if you want to post them a cheque for the unpaid shares."

Off topic but if you are experiencing problems with the new OVF style please PM me and I will help.

Thanks,

Rob

Archived