onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bristol Rovers v Port Vale

robf

Advert

U go 1-0 up away from home u expect get something .

As i didnt go i cannot really comment but i will say this Vale away is not for me no more ,people paying there hard earned watch a team who the previous week at home who performed well turn on a completely different performance on someone elses ground and lose .

It says to me that the players r not comfortable facing other teams supporters and r generally bottlers .

At 1-0 up why not bring Brown on then his experience and excellence may have helped us get a even greater stranglehold on the game .

Its a team game but i hear Grant was very poor second half if thats the case why wasnt he hauled off is he irreplaceable ,i dont think he his a very good home player but away hides in my opinion .

We played better last week when Shalaq and Cicilla were brought on so why werent they given starting slots .

Vale away will continue to frustrate ,im naffed off cause its took the edge of tues night much looked forward home game v Millwall ,when will these players of ours realise our casual fans will only attend if we string result after result together.

So a 5000 crowd will become a 4000 crowd now as people will react to our away day woes ,we had a perfect opportunity to get the Park rocking at 1-0 up yesterday on tues but we royally messed it up big style.

Good start to the season can easily go the other way ,our away form is piling the pressure on our home form .

Bruno dont talk to the fans about wanting top spot ,your players have to do the talking for u yesterday told me all i needed know.

Lines who was hopeless for Vale on the winning side v Vale u couldnt make it up.

Last week, we beat Gillingham after being a goal down.

Bristol did it to us yesterday. That's football sometimes.

If we beat Millwall and Coventry, that table would look very good as we'd have 20 points already.

My first game this season and wished I stayed in the pub. Was looking forward to seeing the new Vale who are supposed to be playing this attractive football but all I saw was a lot of tappie tappie football without creating anything, no pace or direction when we were in attack, Alnwick continuously passing the ball out of play and not having a clue when a cross was put in the box, Tavares continuously giving the ball away and not want to make a tackle unless it's to give away a penalty, Patterson failing once to hold on to the ball, Grant playing really well first half and then deciding to play for the opposition in the second half. I won't be busting a gut to make the trip to Stoke to watch the Vale in a hurry. Saying that we had a really good day in the Bristol bars.

We really have some cocks as fans u know who u are

We were **** 2nd half yesterday something was missing in the middle don't ask me as I still don't know who everybody is but maybe foley

Ainwick get off your ******* line 1st goal was your fault at that time we were looking comfortable I reckon we will see the new keeper soon

We really have some cocks as fans u know who u are

We were **** 2nd half yesterday something was missing in the middle don't ask me as I still don't know who everybody is but maybe foley

Ainwick get off your ******* line 1st goal was your fault at that time we were looking comfortable I reckon we will see the new keeper soon

For the first goal, Tavares failed to track his runner for starters. Then Alnwick was In two minds about coming off his line, that howling wind probably didn't help. Then Knops failed to get off the ground at all and gave their bloke a free header. You can hardly put the sole blame for the goal on Alnwick.

I don't want start another thread but I had to listen to the game on radio Stoke, our X assistant manager was sumerising, did he forget he was on bbc Stoke and not Bristol . He was willing rovers on at every opportunity and not wanting us to score, I know his son was playing for rovers but it was in hindsight the wrong man to do the sumerising in my opinion

I do let them know, I once threw my season ticket against the back of Lee Collins head told him go **** himself after a home defeat that showing my feelings enough? Fair play he picked it up and handed it me back lol but I told em straight.

Shame that he did, perhaps he should have handed it over to the police. You may have have grown up a bit having had a night in the cells and a 3 year ban from all football.

We cannot rely entirely on home points, so will need some away wins in the future, and as the next three games are on bigger pitches, MK, Blades, and Trotters, are more suited to our game so only the larger crowds to deal with?? But that is for the future, lets concentrate on 6 points next week at Vale Park.

Problem is that we have basically gone to an overseas car boot sale, bought a load of junk and are hoping that some of it might actually be worth something over here. Bit harsh I know but that is the basis of our approach I think. Meanwhile we have better players like Dan Turner out on loan scoring for fun at Kidsgrove. Be interesting to see how many goals Cecilia would score in that environment.

**** off you *****

Problem is that we have basically gone to an overseas car boot sale, bought a load of junk and are hoping that some of it might actually be worth something over here. Bit harsh I know but that is the basis of our approach I think. Meanwhile we have better players like Dan Turner out on loan scoring for fun at Kidsgrove. Be interesting to see how many goals Cecilia would score in that environment.

After one bad result they are overseas junk? Three players who started today are from abroad, so what about the rest of them?

If you think an inexperienced Turner would have changed the game yesterday then you need your head looking at.

An inexperienced Alex Jones who is the same age as Dan Turner seems to be doing OK. Maybe he has slightly better development than Dan but he hasn't got much more first team experience. We have flooded our squad with a lot of players who are not ready to play in League 1 yet. I am not saying in any way that all overseas players are poor by the way, some of the ones in the Premiership are amazing to watch, but they had a price tag which reflected their ability.

I'm not quite sure how players like Knops and Tavares can be considered foreign junk when they've both already proven to be solid additions. The likes of Amoros, Pereira and De Freitas have also shown that they clearly have the talent and just need a bit of time to adjust, just the same as 30/40 million signings from abroad do! Absolutely crazy to write them all off this early on when on the whole they've done quite well.

Archived