onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno.

TylerB

I go the other way, Knops was badly exposed by the pace of the right winger at Peterborough, more Lge 1 managers will exploit Knops lack of pace. Knops is a solid player but not better than Dicko IMHO.

You're having a laugh aren't you? Knopps makes Dickinson look like an Ansells League left back at best. Behind all the fist pumping and badge kissing (Admit it, you loved it didn't you?) he was J Arthur Rank.

Some Vale fans just can't see through the mist.

Advert

I go the other way, Knops was badly exposed by the pace of the right winger at Peterborough, more Lge 1 managers will exploit Knops lack of pace. Knops is a solid player but not better than Dicko IMHO.

You're having a laugh aren't you? Knopps makes Dickinson look like an Ansells League left back at best. Behind all the fist pumping and badge kissing (Admit it, you loved it didn't you?) he was J Arthur Rank.

Some Vale fans just can't see through the mist.

Some Vale fans just can't see at all, he was the club captain for a reason.

I liked O'Connor a lot and he was the only player I was sad to see go but he was generally poor last season and Tavares (who had already been mentioned in the post I originally quoted) is a step up.

i expected more from Tavares given his pedigree with Setubal, he's a neat player and it is early days. I preferred O'Connor's tenacity and ability on the ball, the outside of the foot passes, his dead ball kicking.

Our midfield was better last season without O Connor. Foley and grant a better partnership.

Tavares is better than any back up we had last season. As is Amaros and Peirera.

Knopps is better than non league Dicko.

Centre half's better than non league Duffy and part time plumber standard mcgivern

Forrester better than AJ. Cecilia better than Robinson. Jones better than Dodds, Thomas better than Moore.

Thinking otherwise is delusion.

Our midfield was better last season without O Connor. Foley and grant a better partnership.

Tavares is better than any back up we had last season. As is Amaros and Peirera.

Centre half's better than non league Duffy and part time plumber standard mcgivern

Forrester better than AJ. Cecilia better than Robinson. Jones better than Dodds, Thomas better than Moore.

Not seen enough of Peirera yet but otherwise would agree. I think we are individually better than last season and are a work in progress as a team, we haven't fully gelled yet and haven't found the best formation but overall we've been much better than expected. Before the season started I would have been more than happy with sixth place at this stage and I'm optimistic we will improve, but we shall see.

No one said there was any wrong doing. I'd rather have seen us add 3-4 quality Lge 1/Championship players to a paired down squad from last season. Early days let's see where we are at the turn of the new year, I truly hope we in a similar or better position.

Nothing against being ruthless, but I'd rather act with integrity to achieve the same/similar objective. I doubt you'd be enthralled if the same moves were pulled on you hence why UK employment law is there to provide a deterrent and protection. Nothing wrong with "pally management" it generally achieves results far superior to the "big stick" approach, it ain't the 19th century.

Pally management is lazy management.

If my contract came to an end like anyone else I would look to renegotiate.

I think that's fair. For me, Page did well with the players he had last season (admittedly, he signed most of them). Are any of last season's squad who left currently playing higher than the 21st best team in this league? Northampton currently level with us as well. The quality of the football is certainly an improvement, so I am pretty 'appy overall as things stand.

I think that's fair. For me, Page did well with the players he had last season (admittedly, he signed most of them). Are any of last season's squad who left currently playing higher than the 21st best team in this league? Northampton currently level with us as well. The quality of the football is certainly an improvement, so I am pretty 'appy overall as things stand.

I think the table in December rather than September will tell us a bit more about our team and ex-players.

Pally management is lazy management.

If my contract came to an end like anyone else I would look to renegotiate.

I may, I may not, depends on many factors and what else is on the table.

Out of interest define what you mean by "Pally management". The "big stick" approach is lazy management.

Close one but I'd pick Birchall for experience. Notice no comparison to O'Connor 'cause there's no comparison between either of them and Tavares with O'Connor.

Similar, both have potential.

Cicilia has a decent touch for a tall guy, some nice flicks but doesn't hold the ball up particularly well, for a tall guy he's not effective in the air, he'll score goals at Kidsgrove Athletic but I doubt he'll score half a dozen in Lge 1. Robinson for me.

What a load of rubbish!

Agree on Jones and Thomas but not the others, especially comments on O'Connor and also Dicko, AJ and Robinson.

The midfield last season was better when all three played with Foley wide left with a "Free role". O'Connor was PVFC Player of the Year form 2014/15, Supporters Club Player and Players Player of the year, all testaments to his quality. His dead ball kicking was the best out of the three, you don't become a bad player overnight.

Pathetic comment, explain yourself, accept other poeple have different opinions to you and if that's all you can offer then shut the FU.

To be fair, he doesn't really have to. He didn't refuse to accept you have an opinion, just clearly disagrees with you. So do I for the most part of that post, but I don't really have to explain why.

I will say though that there is no way I agree that Dicko is better than Knops. Or that Robinson is better than Cicilia either, because he was god awful. However, the second comparison is pointless, because they're in completely different stages of their career (I think a lot of people forget Cicilia is only 22, & they're not all going to be the quality of Alex Jones immediately at this level). You can't really compare Cicilia to a player who has over 300 games to his name spanning the best part of a decade in the EFL.

Archived