onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bruno.

TylerB

Advert

Where were the industrial tribunals?

The players contracts were at an end and they were offered what they were worth, none of them are hardly pulling up any trees elsewhere are they?

Instead of sacking a dour manager and having to pay compo he actually received compensation for our club so that was just very ruthless business in a ruthless industry which benefited our club.

Just because there were no industrial tribunals doesn't make his actions morally right. I think the fact that we ended up with Bruno ( with a less than impressive CV) says it all about what people in the game think of Smurf.

Just because there were no industrial tribunals doesn't make his actions morally right. I think the fact that we ended up with Bruno ( with a less than impressive CV) says it all about what people in the game think of Smurf.

I agree with your first sentence but not sure about the second as I don't think the football world's view on Smurf or any chairman would influence who you "end up" with.

The players contracts were at an end and they were offered what they were worth, none of them are hardly pulling up any trees elsewhere are they?

Instead of sacking a dour manager and having to pay compo he actually received compensation for our club so that was just very ruthless business in a ruthless industry which benefited our club.

Duffy and Dickinson seem to be doing OK at notts country, lower league but more money I expect. Byron Moore seemed to be doing OK yesterday too, unfortunately for us.

In your opinion, I care about what benefits Port Vale to be honest. Page and Vale both did well out of it and the players have ended up where they deserve to be...below Vale!

I'm no expert on employment law but I would guess at the end of a contract an Industrial Tribunal is not an option unless some previso or wording in the original contract has been broken.

It's easy to be ruthless when you have all the power but much better in the long run to show integrity and decency as what goes around has a nasty habit of coming around.

Duffy and Dickinson seem to be doing OK at notts country, lower league but more money I expect. Byron Moore seemed to be doing OK yesterday too, unfortunately for us.

I wouldn't want Duffy or Dickinson over Smith and Knopps, we have traded up.

Byron Moore is a coward of a footballer, amazing how he can turn it on for a game and call it karma when his new team won after nicking a wage for two years.

Again in case you can't / didn't read my post these three players are currently you below Vale.

I'm no expert on employment law but I would guess at the end of a contract an Industrial Tribunal is not an option unless some previso or wording in the original contract has been broken.

It's easy to be ruthless when you have all the power but much better in the long run to show integrity and decency as what goes around has a nasty habit of coming around.

Exactly, so there was no wrong going, they were offered what they were worth to us and moved on down the pyramid.

No I'd rather be ruthless and improve than give poor players deal after deal, that's just incredibly weak, lazy and pally management.

Innis was a loan player, wasn't he, as was Ichpeazu. I don't think he was a poor manager at all. Best home record in decades, some of the best football seen since Rudge, took us to penalties against WBA having beaten Burnley the round before, still in with a shout of the play-offs with 3 games left to play. On the negative side, FA Cup, I agree with you regarding his use of incoming loan players, he often failed to change a game with his subs and he could be technically naive, but on the balance of things I don't think you could call him 'poor'. Occasionally misguided but promising seems fairer.

Anyway, this should be about Bruno, not the previous manager.

Vale have moved on from Pages indecisiveness and playing his favourites like Duffy and McGivern. Would Smith and Streete be playing now if Page was still manager. Whenever Vale took the lead Page would park the bus and try to hang on rather than pushing to increase the lead.

He was terrified of losing and frightened of the opposition rather than playing to our strengths.

The football has definitely improved under Bruno and is work in progress considering the majority of players are new to English football.

Also the players on the bench are good enough to improve the team when bought on and put pressure on the players who already have the shirts.

Knopps > Dickinson

I go the other way, Knops was badly exposed by the pace of the right winger at Peterborough, more Lge 1 managers will exploit Knops lack of pace. Knops is a solid player but not better than Dicko IMHO.

Amoros and Perira > Birchall and Lloyd

Close one but I'd pick Birchall for experience. Notice no comparison to O'Connor 'cause there's no comparison between either of them and Tavares with O'Connor.

Forrester > Hooper

Similar, both have potential.

Cicilia > Robinson

Cicilia has a decent touch for a tall guy, some nice flicks but doesn't hold the ball up particularly well, for a tall guy he's not effective in the air, he'll score goals at Kidsgrove Athletic but I doubt he'll score half a dozen in Lge 1. Robinson for me.

I go the other way, Knops was badly exposed by the pace of the right winger at Peterborough, more Lge 1 managers will exploit Knops lack of pace. Knops is a solid player but not better than Dicko IMHO.

Close one but I'd pick Birchall for experience. Notice no comparison to O'Connor 'cause there's no comparison between either of them and Tavares with O'Connor.

Similar, both have potential.

Cicilia has a decent touch for a tall guy, some nice flicks but doesn't hold the ball up particularly well, for a tall guy he's not effective in the air, he'll score goals at Kidsgrove Athletic but I doubt he'll score half a dozen in Lge 1. Robinson for me.

Can't agree with any of that especially Dickinson, yes he was passionate but his distribution was woeful and he was utter garbage against quick wingers (Marshall at home to Bradford last season and Sheff United in April 14 being obvious cases).

I honestly can't believe you'd take Birchall and Robinson :laugh:

I liked O'Connor a lot and he was the only player I was sad to see go but he was generally poor last season and Tavares (who had already been mentioned in the post I originally quoted) is a step up.

Exactly, so there was no wrong going, they were offered what they were worth to us and moved on down the pyramid.

No I'd rather be ruthless and improve than give poor players deal after deal, that's just incredibly weak, lazy and pally management.

No one said there was any wrong doing. I'd rather have seen us add 3-4 quality Lge 1/Championship players to a paired down squad from last season. Early days let's see where we are at the turn of the new year, I truly hope we in a similar or better position.

Nothing against being ruthless, but I'd rather act with integrity to achieve the same/similar objective. I doubt you'd be enthralled if the same moves were pulled on you hence why UK employment law is there to provide a deterrent and protection. Nothing wrong with "pally management" it generally achieves results far superior to the "big stick" approach, it ain't the 19th century.

Archived