onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 1 referees

philmpv

In every home game I've been to this season (I was away for the scunny game), it seems that teams have come here with a simple plan to deliberately foul and clatter us all over the pitch. Yesterday was another example. Yet no referee so far has, in my view, stood up to this or clamped down on it. If they had done, every team playing against us would have finished the games with at most 9 men.

Now, football is a physical game, and I'm all for that, but there's a big difference between being physical and constant and deliberate fouling. So long as the referees are so weak, the more this will happen, and it's getting ridiculous now.

Advert

I also believe the "linesmen/women" have a duty to assist the referee. time after time we see the liners not watching the game and the players fouling each other, but they just stare along the straight line infront of them waiting to flag for offside!

However yesterday actually on the Lorne street side the liner had to bring to the ref's notice many things that the ref missed. It was refreshing to see that at least one liner in the past few years was doing more than just being an offside trapper!

One of the more bizarre decisions yesterday was in injury time when their left back basically caught the ball 2 handed above his head right in front of the linesman on Lorne St who totally missed it. Didn't thankfully prove costly this time, but was just an example of the truly dreadful officiating on display yesterday.

Who would be a referee , very difficult job. The first thing that needs sorting is the players acting, diving exaggerating contact infringement ,this makes refferees jobs even harder. Don't like refs handing out cards every minute, thought the ref ok yesterday kept card in pocket, would rather win playing against eleven, the main offenders on yellow card was subbed at halftime, so did work in our favour. Anyway I go and watch the game after all it is a contact sport and refereeing decisions !!! roundabouts and swings, some for some go against

Who would be a referee , very difficult job. The first thing that needs sorting is the players acting, diving exaggerating contact infringement ,this makes refferees jobs even harder. Don't like refs handing out cards every minute, thought the ref ok yesterday kept card in pocket, would rather win playing against eleven, the main offenders on yellow card was subbed at halftime, so did work in our favour. Anyway I go and watch the game after all it is a contact sport and refereeing decisions !!! roundabouts and swings, some for some go against

Did you see the state of Jerome's leg after the match because the ref was too slow in issuing bookings. He was constantly chopped down not just impeded or blocked and he deserved more protection than he got.

I find myself abusing the ref more and more every week, we always get an absolute shower of a ref at home. Yesterday's was woeful, gills right back should have been sent off and we should have had a penalty. The worst was when he didn't give us a free kick on Thomas, but then had a word with the winger about the foul........

Penalty from what?

I agree a lot of our players seem to go down very easily looking for it. The referees will be wise to it and this won't help our case. Every foul isn't a yellow card offence and every thing doesn't always go out way. I don't think the referee was perfect but I thought he was ok yesterday too.

The basic problem is that they have never moved forward - still the same bunch of ENGLISH loosers and the odd Welsh git who could never get real jobs in football - do what the rest of football is doing get more foreigners in - We shipped a lot of English out last year - got foreign in, and its much better. Referees are a bunch of self regulating back slappers. How old was that tool on Saturday. From high in the stand he looked like a monk. As for the diving and play acting of players who can stop that - The referees - but being spineless dont take action. Yes the answer is foreign and put the english tossers into non -league or better still - retirement

We're criticising the referee after we've won the game not because we lost it. There is a difference.

What we're complaining about was his inability to stop their persistent fouling (particularly on Thomas) in the first 25 minutes of the game. The lad who was subbed committed 4-5 blatant fouls, not 50/50s, on Thomas and got away with it for far too long. Persistent bad fouling is a red card offence not 'let's have a little chat with you and the captain' and their manager wisely subbed one of the main culprits at half time.

The referee needed to clamp down on their two WWF lads in the first half a lot quicker than he did. We want to watch a game of football that flows and is played in the right spirit not one in which persistent fouling is rewarded and the game is stopped all the time. They were also time wasting for the first hour. That was pretty blatant too - and they were moaning at the referee. I thought dissent was no longer tolerated.

I'm very pleased we don't have to play them at home again.

Archived