onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Port Vale v Gillingham

robf

Smurf has hinted he would like this, but has said it would be hard work due to his value increasing. He would be a cracking player if he stayed with us.

would love see him stay but cant imagine him being cheap lets see if papa can work his magic with birmingham :D

Advert

Amazing second half, best I've seen in a very long time! Defence is excellent those two centre backs both brilliant, knopps is also an extremely solid player at this level. Thought Thomas was outstanding all game as was grant and I actually thought cicila was great today. Changed the game and actually looked a very decent player. Jones is just brilliant in front of goal. It's early days but we have some cracking players, I think my bet of us reaching the play offs is looking very steady at the minute!

Great post.

And there's more to come from this side too as players are still gelling. I've given Cicilia a bit of stick but he is still a young lad in a new country and it might take him half a season before he's settled. Shalaj looks fast, direct and quite skillful and will probably be a very good addition in time.

We absolutely need Jones all season if we're to do anything. Even if we all have to stick a fiver in a pot if that's what it takes, or suck him off. Patersen shouldn't be starting though. A squad player, okay, but he's not good enough to start games for any side wanting to get out of this league.

Where was Amoros today? Injured?

Rip him all you want on here and he's had plenty for no reason whatsoever. Cicilia turned that game on a sixpence.

I must admit, I was all for Patterson starting to gain match fitness, and I've said Cicilia isn't up to much, but today he did more in 15 mins than Paterson did in 75.

I see you haven't grown up any. Repeated supercillious replies to my posts when you've been told to stop indicate you have the mental attitude of a two year old. Now run along and play with your toys before bedtime. For a second time, pack it in and grow up.

Told to stop by who? You? Chill out kidder, this is a forum, I have my opinion, you have yours. I would never tell another poster to stop posting, its not my place to, why do you think you can? Anyway back to the match great result, super performance from all players involved.

Second half was really enjoyable ,every player giving it there all and more ,two well taken goals ,great saves ,goal line clearances .

Superb substitutions which completely changed the game ,it was wave after wave of Vale peppering there goal .

The saves from Foley first half header and Grant second half were superb by the gills keeper .

We kept coming and streete finished like a striker then who else but Alex Jones take a bow kid a lovely low strike into the corner .

Streete hit the post ,Smith was very good saved a certain goal for them at 1-0 first half where we were sluggish and low key ,then second half was superb at set pieces in there box .

Brilliant Vale ,well done all .

My man of the Match Grant his second half display was phenomenal

UTV

cicilia was actually really good for the first 20 mins at bradford, he was strong and everything that went into him he controlled and laid off really neatly.

i turned to my cousin and said 'this lad looks class' - which seemed to be the kiss of death for him cos he was dreadful the rest of that game and when he came on at bury (the only 2 games i've made it to so far)

i think there is a player in there somewhere much better than he's shown to be so far, and with some confidence hopefully he can continue to improve on what sounds like a good sub appearance today

That last 20 mins was awesome, Smith is prem league bound in my eyes,this lad has all the attributes of Glover,Walsh (when Walsh was fit) the hunger and desire to win a header in both boxes like Swan. Thomas caused loads of problems for the Gills defence from the first minute when they reverted to kicking chunks out of him. Dack for Gills seemed to be in control of the middle of the park for long periods of the game where Tavares was lacking. Then we had the magnificent substitution's and didnt we look the business. Well done lads,you deserved that standing ovation at the end of the game. I'm Appy.

I think Tavares is still very much adapting to the pace of the game over here. He obviously has ability on the ball, but off it he can struggle at times. Personally I'd like to see Amoros given a go ahead of him if he's fit.

normally agree with you a lot beech, but on this occasion i cant, i like tavares he put's in a terrific shift, and his experience is vital in games like today in how we fought back.

Oh me of little faith. Cracking 2nd half which, I have to admit, I didn't see coming at the end of the 1st half. That's not to say we were bad, we played some neat stuff at times it was just a little too slow, the final ball was often poor and we didn't look threatening up front. Also, Dack was running the game and creating plenty of problems. Having said that, a worldly from their keeper prevented us going in level. Second half we really stepped it up and their goal lead a charmed life and they actually offered little threat. We looked much better when we went 4-4-2 and we scored 2 but could quite easily have had 5.

Positives for me were again the defence, pretty solid and the two CB's looked threatening 2nd half from set plays; Thomas, who murdered them down the left first half and had their 2 right sided players both on yellows; Grant as usual; Jones, who after an anymous 1st half looked far more threatening when moved central and took his goal brilliantly.

The negatives are Paterson, who I'm not sure is anywhere near fit enough yet and offered very little; Folely, who I though struggled in the 4-5-1 system but looked miles better when we changed and another bewilderingly slow start when we could actually have found ourselves two down.

Finally, a special mention to the referee whose 1st half performance went beyond incompetent. Totally oblivious to their rudby-style tackling first half and I counted 3 'last warnings' for their no 6 which inevitably lead to his substitution at half time when he should have been already off.

Archived