Smurfs plan b

philmpv

From Smurfs interview with radio stoke on Monday night, I'm surprised that nobody has commented on his statement that his plan b was to bring in a number of experienced English league players if it becomes apparent that our foreign players can't cope with the British winter weather. Hopefully it won't be necessary, but he certainly seems determined to gain promotion this year. Some may not agree with everything that Smurf does or says, but you can't argue that he does have ambition!

Advert:

Advert:

Advert:

Players coping with the cold reminds me of when, in the 1990s, the dear old Sunday Sport used to publish a list titled 'Pansies with Gloves' to name and shame (!!!) the top flight stars who had dared to wear gloves.

I was going to say you couldn't make it up, but..... however, this story is 100 per cent true, and even if a player had played a blinder, scored a hat-trick or a match winning goal they would still appear in the list if they kept their fingers covered.

Players coping with the cold reminds me of when, in the 1990s, the dear old Sunday Sport used to publish a list titled 'Pansies with Gloves' to name and shame (!!!) the top flight stars who had dared to wear gloves.

I was going to say you couldn't make it up, but..... however, this story is 100 per cent true, and even if a player had played a blinder, scored a hat-trick or a match winning goal they would still appear in the list if they kept their fingers covered.

Apart from goalies, it is what they do with their feet that matters, if keeping their hands warm helps so be it. Seems ManC had trouble with their waders, should have borrowed Bury`s :smile:

Advert:

I dont see how there's much of a weather difference wise in the netherlands (knops, mac-intosh, cecillia).

im sure tavares has played in cold night's in portugal, as for mbemba, he should be use to scandinavian weather, and de freitas and amoros, there's no reason why it should affect them, i could understand if we had players from brazil, the middle east, african countries, i think this attitude towards foreign footballer's and the weather is a bit ignorant and easy excuse.

Archived