onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Peterborough Utd v Port Vale

robf

Very enjoyable game and would have been criminal had we come away with nothing. Alex Jones is quality I work with a blue nose and can see why they rate him so highly.

Sat next to Grantys mother today, a really nice lady who looks incredible for her age. Asked her to have a word with her son about staying at vp.

Advert

Just got back after a really enjoyable game of football between two teams who went all out for the win, both teams wanting to play football despite another referee who tried his best to ruin the game. He even tried to get Peterborough out of jail by blowing for the penalty instead of awarding us the goal.

I cant believe some of the comments on here about Paterson and Cicilla, I presume they are made by people who did not go to the game, I know some fans don't want Paterson anywhere near the team after what he said but the lad ran his socks off today, chased every ball down, the service in the first half was not the best to him but he never hid and with more matches he will get better. Cicilia when he came on showed up well I thought today and showed a few nice touches, I think some people must have been watching a different game to me. The two for me that were no where near their best were Purkiss and Foley.

Probably made on the basis of the commentary from Radio Stoke. Not complementary to Patterson at all and Cecilia not much better. Purkiss sounded like he had a fantastic game with a couple of last ditch tackles/blocks. They agreed with you, or vice versa, that Foley had one of his poorer games, but he's allowed one isn't he after such a great start.

Great today, decent game from 2 passing teams. The lads gave 110% exciting times. We look solid with some cracking passing football. Smurf needs to extend some contracts and work to sign the likes of Alex Jones, he has a bright future. Well done vale good times ahead!

I doubt we could afford to sign Jones.

If Forester isn't fit next week would playing Jones down the middle and Thomas and Shalaj either side of him work?

i honestly do not know?

did shalaj play against bury? im sure he did, if so ive only seen him play the once, i havent seen him play enough, ill try it on championship manager, if i win a few games ill send tweet a smurf letting him no thomas shalaj either side of jones works.

Give it a rest, melv. Page has gone, let it go and stop making these sort of comparisons, especially when they make you look daft in view of last year's result.

A great point which was thoroughly deserved from a very entertaining game which neither side deserved to lose. Their outstanding player was George Moncur who did for us at Colchester - currently on loan from Barnsley who paid half a million quid for him. For us, they all put in a great shift but the two best for me were Thomas and Streete.

Completely agree about Remi Streete but not sure about Thomas. He got better as the game went on but his final ball was iffy at times - and he should have put his foot through the ball in the second half with the goal at his mercy. But he is a definite asset and as he gets fitter he will be a great player for us.

Great result today, I've been at an air show with no internet connection and the last update I got from a mate was "we've f'd up conceded with a few to go" so I've come home thinking we lost so I'm buzzing now. Not sure sure how we played or who had control of the game but I defo would have taken a draw before kickoff so looking at it now a heavy defeat away at Bury (in ridiculous conditions), a hard fought draw away at Posh and a home win next week against the Gills who have playoff aspirations at the least and everything still looking up isn't it???

First of all great credit to both teams for producing an exciting and thoroughly enjoyable game of football. I thought the result was fair. Great credit to Vale for coming back after conceding a very late goal, to Smith for a never-say-die attitude, to Jones for showing natural goal scoring ability, to Foley for covering every blade of grass in an effort to support the front runners, and to Moncur for being a complete pain to the Vale throughout the match. Both our full backs struggled at times - possibly in Purkiss's case because although Jones tries and is learning, he does not give his full back the defensive support required in the modern game. Perhaps Knops showed that he is not a full back by trade. Our midfield failed to close down Peterborough , particularly in the first half. I felt Tavares was weak in this respect but showed more resilience in the second half, and Grant was possibly inhibited by his early booking. Thomas is an enigma, he shows the ability to beat a man and upset a defence, but the end product is poor. Possibly there is room for further improvement in match fitness.

Archived