onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Open letter to some of the Vale fans at Bury today.

mr.hobblesworth

True but they might not travel if they were no longer members and I'd revoke membership for a number of categories of crime wherever they are committed....one strike and you are out!!!

An ignorant idiot will always try to find opportunities to spout his bile but the fewer opportunities to do so the better.

Until that happens JA, and unless we can find a short and/or medium solution to counter them, I think we are stuck with it for now.

Advert

You can move away from these types and everyone can enjoy their day.

How many times, even with bigger followings do we sell out a stand? If you have an idiot sitting next to you then move.

You can't have your cake and eat it by expecting everyone to fall in line with your definition of reasonable behaviour, it is a football match and if you are overly sensitive like some of the comments suggest, then don't go.

Obviously this does not apply to racism, homophobia or physical violence as there is never an excuse for that.

You can always be relied to be the moral compass of OVF.

Overly sensitive? Could you define that that means?

Pleased that you put the caveats about which categories are unacceptable to you, oh Mighty One.

You'll be saying next that you voted Brexit.

For the record I agree that these idiots were spreading their vile well before Brexit was a thing, but there is no doubt that the vote emboldened those who already hold these deeply worrying views.

The report below refers to stats released by the Police themselves on a rise post the vote. There are many articles from a range of different newspapers and media outlets, including ones like the Telegraph which was, and has been for some time, largely eurosceptic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-hate-crime-racism-stats-spike-police-england-wales-eu-referendum-a7126706.html

There seems to be plenty of these crimes being reported but how many of the culprits get prosecuted?We had an instance yesterday where a London airport was closed for six hours because of a protest,they were claiming air pollution was racist?

Many thanks to Mr Hobblesworth for reporting this incident and to Rob for highlighting it..Unfortunately this brings to mind a current problem of present day society which is the inadequate control of public behaviour particularly on public transport and at public events such as football matches. The majority of people, including football fans, do not want and condemn this behaviour but hooligan mobs take over isolated areas such as trams, railway carriages, areas of grounds and flout the law or authority simply because they can. The forces of the law or other authority try to contain the hooligan behaviour rather than deal with it or simply withdraw the facility.

There seems to be plenty of these crimes being reported but how many of the culprits get prosecuted?We had an instance yesterday where a London airport was closed for six hours because of a protest,they were claiming air pollution was racist?

Their claim was something like airlines (like those flying from city airport) transport the (mainly white) wealthy but cause massive pollution problems in countries in Africa where there are millions of (mainly black) poor people. I guess they sort of have a point but it's not racism IMO..the airplane/airline doesn't poison black people because they are black nor cos they are poor..I'd hazard a guess that poor white individuals have no immunity from these poisons. Unless they are suggesting that flights are deliberately directed over mainly black areas and deliberately avoid white areas?

Many thanks to Mr Hobblesworth for reporting this incident and to Rob for highlighting it..Unfortunately this brings to mind a current problem of present day society which is the inadequate control of public behaviour particularly on public transport and at public events such as football matches. The majority of people, including football fans, do not want and condemn this behaviour but hooligan mobs take over isolated areas such as trams, railway carriages, areas of grounds and flout the law or authority simply because they can. The forces of the law or other authority try to contain the hooligan behaviour rather than deal with it or simply withdraw the facility.

We are policed by consent....in that the vast majority agree to abide by the law and behave decently. if enough don't agree then the police are more or less powerless..witness the riots of 2011 when there were just so many the police could do little about it.

I'm just shocked reading the article some fans just don't see the damaged they do to all travelling away fans can't some fans just have a great day out and just go home after without causing trouble, I'll never forget the scenes after the Wrexham game many years ago I had my 2 young lads with me after the game we couldn't get back to our car my lads were white with fear so we took refuge in a petrol station out the way for probably an hour

How will membership cards work they don't want to buy advanced tickets for home games they want to pay cash at turnstiles so no details can be taken about them. Don't want to travel to away matches on official coaches because they would not have a lot of drinking time before the game and again no details of them can be taken even on o v f there are fans asking if its pay on the day

Not quite sure how that's relevant.

I don't think that such a protest would be categorised as a hate crime.

Well a hate crime is any incident which the victim,or anyone else, thinks is based on some ones prejudice towards them so if I was posh and had my flight delayed by six hours I could,if I wanted,report this as a hate crime.

The protest by BLMUK was all about the wealthy using the airport and climate change racism.

Their claim was something like airlines (like those flying from city airport) transport the (mainly white) wealthy but cause massive pollution problems in countries in Africa where there are millions of (mainly black) poor people. I guess they sort of have a point but it's not racism IMO..the airplane/airline doesn't poison black people because they are black nor cos they are poor..I'd hazard a guess that poor white individuals have no immunity from these poisons. Unless they are suggesting that flights are deliberately directed over mainly black areas and deliberately avoid white areas?

Interesting article from John Vidal of the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/07/black-lives-matter-protesters-air-pollution-race-issue-london

I think that these...white..."protestors": Black Lives Matter UK were, at best, a bit muddled with their thinking - as did the black groups that criticized their actions! We all, eventually and equally, breathe in pollutants in the air, which must be non-discriminatory. I think their actions took away from what is a serious problem!

Archived