onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Open letter to some of the Vale fans at Bury today.

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

Yes most Clubs have "idiot" so called fans but Vale definitely have a number that prove they are not fans of the Club at all, they are only there for the aggro and as much ale that they can consume.

Regular away fans know only too well that there are games when you wish you were at home due to the antics of some louts.

It is common knowledge now that there are many, many fans of Port Vale FC who do not attend away games simply because of the behaviour of a few loonies. The same increasingly, it seems can be said of our Home fixtures.

I like a drink. I like to sing or shout my opinions at a game. I like to have banter with both our own and away fans, in peace. Am I alone in this? No. there are hundreds and hundreds of us that would love to see games and visit different stadiums to savour a good day out. Don't let the idiot-brigade prevent us from our aims.

I have thought long and hard for a few seasons now about attending away games but I have persevered and go to as many as I can. When there are a few hundred only of us we have a good day out, irrespective of the result, after all it's only a game! It's clearly when we attract a sizeable following that problems occur.

Yesterday I had an excellent day in the Swan and Cemetery pub enjoying a decent pint and taking in the convivial atmosphere that the brilliant staff allowed in their pub. I then went to the game and saw/heard vile behaviour from our own fans. The large Police contingent did really nothing to worm out offenders of bad behaviour. They did however have many cameras with them and no doubt will be looking through footage for any future reprocussions.

I have to say that I felt it dangerous and very unsafe at half time as people tried to go to the toilets/refreshment kiosk. A crowd of over 1,000 of us cannot cram themselves, men, women and children into such a pathetically small, claustrophobic area comfortably. It was to say the least disgraceful and I did wonder how BuryFC had obtained a safety certificate for this part of the ground. It was not helped by there being a very large number of Police mingling down there with cameras.

Rant over, except for the comment that please those that don't want to watch the match or participate in friendly, good humoured support of YOUR TEAM, keep away and find something else to waste your time on!

Yet another example of post-referendum racism, like the man who was murdered in Essex last week because a gang of kids heard him speaking in Polish.

It's sad that people like this have become emboldened since the vote.

Sorry nothing to do with post referendum racism in my opinion - they have always been foul mouthed racist tools.

Archived