onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alnwick

Ainsworth

I know he has some fans on here but I hope Santos is good because I reckon he'll be in quicker than we think.

No doubt Jak has great shot stopping ability but my god the rest of his game is terrible.

No commanding of his area.... at all, full stop

His kicking? Where do you start? I normally sit in the paddock and it looks bad from side on but viewing from behind the goal today its just shocking. 90% go to the opposition.

Lets hope Big Mig is a good one because Jak is our weakest link I'm afraid

Advert

I like Alnwick. I think at our level in league 1 he is a very decent keeper.

Facts are though that we have just signed a goalkeeper who has been coached at Benfica.

He will no doubt be pushing for the number one spot and will take it way before christmas in my opinion.

Jaks biggest problem is the commanding of his area. He is constantly rooted to his line.

Great shot stopper and still a lad in progress but nice to see real competition for his place.

I know he has some fans on here but I hope Santos is good because I reckon he'll be in quicker than we think.

No doubt Jak has great shot stopping ability but my god the rest of his game is terrible.

No commanding of his area.... at all, full stop

His kicking? Where do you start? I normally sit in the paddock and it looks bad from side on but viewing from behind the goal today its just shocking. 90% go to the opposition.

Lets hope Big Mig is a good one because Jak is our weakest link I'm afraid

I personally preferred Neal at the time, but if it wasn't for Alnwick yesterday we would of lost 6 or 7.

There's parts of his game that he can clearly work on, but if that wasn't the case he'd be playing in the Premiership and not League One! Santos may or may not be better but I have no problem whatsoever with Alnwick being our number one. Without him yesterday it could have been a cricket score with the amount of shots we were letting the Bury players have.

Jak is the best keeper since goodlad.

Clearly a wind up thread, even seen some ****** on facebook saying three of the goals were jaks fault .

Definitely not a wind up thread, I'm a loyal fan of 35 years, seen plenty of goalkeepers and it's my opinion, I just don't rate him. I think he's a real weak link.....

My thoughts last year were that if he did command his area 'he wouldn't be playing for us' as his shot stopping, especially his one on one is very good, but I think if we want to progress we have to have a better all rounder, a big commanding goalie to get us out of this division (who also can kick it to one of his own players helps!)

I suppose we'll see if Bruno rates him soon enough

Sorry but nonsense to me too.

He's easily the best we've had since Goodlad. Conditions were terrible yesterday, & he didn't get a decent hand to the 4th, but aside from that, he was fine, couldn't do much about the goals, 1st especially unlucky. Made some cracking saves too.

He is still very young for a keeper, & people continuing to compare him to Neal who is almost 31, is bizarre. He definitely has a few things to learn & work on, but this is the last position in the team we should be complaining about right now.

I don't rate Alnwick at all myself and I hope Santos has been bought in to replace him but we really don't know if he's any good but he deserves his chance and i hope he starts next match so we can see what he's all about I doubt he can be much worse than Alnwick to be honest.

Archived