onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who is coming in to replace JJ?

robf

Advert

That works both ways. And for the money these proven forwards would want and cost I'd prefer our lads to have a real crack at it first.

But it works one way more and that way is the one who's done it before. Fine giving our lads a crack first but be prepared for not many goals scored with the consequences. Minimize the risk/increase the chances is the name of the game, same as virtually everything in life.

Vale should have two strikers with a history of scoring 10+ goals a season in lge 1 plus the likes of Forrester (for potential) and Cicilia (for a different option).

Would you still prefer McGivern and Duffy to Smith and Streete? Experience over age?

Smith and Streete are doing the business currently but I would have preferred to have kept Duffy and possibly McGivern for competition for places.

Letting Dickinson go and signing an unfit left back was madness, signing two wingers who look as thought they can't cut it for different reasons beyond belief. We've now had to sign another left back and are looking for another winger, where's the sense in all that.

just put his name in on google, say he's waiting for a premier league offer.

Apparently has been waiting for a Prem offer since the start of the Euros...so you might suspect no-one's prepared to take that chance? I wouldn't mind seeing him down the Vale, but I think he's only a Championship player, at best?

Smith and Streete are doing the business currently but I would have preferred to have kept Duffy and possibly McGivern for competition for places.

Letting Dickinson go and signing an unfit left back was madness, signing two wingers who look as thought they can't cut it for different reasons beyond belief. We've now had to sign another left back and are looking for another winger, where's the sense in all that.

I bet county and shrewsbury fans also wish we had kept them aswell.

I'd be interested to know who scouted or spoke to the likes of Mbamba before we signed him, stupers. I can't imagine the Norwegian third division is a hotbed for Football League scouts.

I thought it was stated, early on, that the players brought in had already been scouted by Bruno, over the last couple of years> So Smurf backs him, and Bruno has, presumably, seen enough of the players to think they're worth a punt? We need most of them to have a few games under their belts to acclimatise - some have already shown they're settling in nicely, and were definitely worth bringing in!

If Vale don't sign a player(s) with a good track record of scoring goals then it's hard to see where goals are going to come from, the midfield hasn't got many goals in it either.

But if the defence keeps performing, we only need 1 goal to win! Our 3 goals in 4 games have produced 7 points. Not an ideal plan, admittedly, but other teams have been successful by being difficult to beat!

But if the defence keeps performing, we only need 1 goal to win! Our 3 goals in 4 games have produced 7 points. Not an ideal plan, admittedly, but other teams have been successful by being difficult to beat!

With the current strike force the defense has to keep performing, of the three league goals two were from defenders. I agree the best teams are built on a strong defense but a team also needs some pop at the other end as well, certainly over a 46 game season.

Archived