onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saleiro leaves the club

AlienTitWrench

Advert

From everything I've heard, Bruno has handled it excellently. Showed he was strong with discipline, kept it in house and didn't go talking to the radio calling anyone a coward etc, and then showed that there is a way back and tomorrow is a new day.

I always wondered about the word coward, it always seemed like a daft choice to me

IF... and its a big if because we dont know.... IF he made the ultimatum he had to go.... whether there was a bust up or not, whether he was in the right or not... you cant have a player holding the club to ransom.

Yup, & it's not like he was worth much to us anyway, was nowhere near the first 11, if he did make the threat, the decision was probably made in a second. We all know Smurf is more of a businessman type, so he wouldn't have any of that (along with Purkiss being far more important anyway).

Either way, it's no loss to us whatever the reason, hopefully the wages will be freed up for elsewhere. Unrelated, Alex Jones looked pretty decent last night too, so it's nice to know he's a possible option for cover.

I agree on Jones. Here's my view on what I'd hope the club will do (some posters beat me to it as we clearly share the same opinion):

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2016/08/use-salerios-wages-for-a-new-striker-id-use-it-to-offer-this-quartet-extended-deals-instead/

I don't disagree but we are down to 3 strikers already with Saleiro now gone and I assume Cicilia out for a bit(haven't seen anything on the extent of his injury btw?) We could perhaps do with another as anymore injuries and Dan Turner will be on the bench.

It's one of those, people say we don't need 5 strikers but injuries can and do happen and goals are the most important thing to a team when all is said and done!

I don't disagree but we are down to 3 strikers already with Saleiro now gone and I assume Cicilia out for a bit(haven't seen anything on the extent of his injury btw?)

I read on here somewhere that it's a dead leg, 1-2 weeks, but no source to confirm that for you yet without properly searching, sorry.

Archived