onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurth has a Pop(s) at Radio Stoke

Mario

Advert

No it wasn't

I don't think Smurf was upset at how negative ray was in the first half (and rightly so) but upset about his comments that we had a bunch of foreigners playing. Nationality shouldn't ever be an issue. It's not in the prem so why mention it?

The issue is league one experience, which we are short of.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No it wasn't

The first half was terrible by both sides , the 2nd half was a big improvement , I think Ray called it right and I listen to the commentary whilst at the game as a few others do which brings me to another point (off topic) on MW the commentary is as it happens but with DAB it is 6/7 seconds behind play

Ray was spot on ,as that game was garbage!!!!At least he brought many great players to the Vale in the Rudge era and WAS a football man!!!!

It wasn't that he thought the game was poor. It was that he said 'they're just a bunch of foreigners'. They moved awkwardly on to someone else as soon as he had said it. Probably sounded worse than what he meant, but I can imagine the producer behind the scenes was pulling his hair out at the time.

Ray has his opinion and that's why he is there, but the moaning and negativity is a bit tedious and its not good listening. I switched on at half time and you would have thought we were losing. Yeah not the best of first 35 minutes but southend were no better and all the fouls didn't help the game flow.

I listen on Valiant Player every single game, and at half time yesterday, I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

For a Vale player, I pay good money for every month, it was biased AGAINST the Vale!

How on Earth is it an argument in itself, that the players are foreign????

Would you please get of your high horse, and let what the players do on the pitch be what you judge them on, not their origin!!!

Maybe the first half was bad, but the way he put this new project down any way he could, made me really upset!

Normally I like what he says and the coverage as a whole (when it's working...), but yesterday was uncalled for!

Ray is a nice bloke and a fan but he does on occasions become unduly negative when commentating imho.

"Occasionally"? I can't listen to RS because of his bias ramblings. That man has a huge chip on his shoulder and it shows. I'm embarrassed for him at times.

I didn't hear Ray's comments as I was at the game but he is presumably there to appraise the game as he sees it which won't always align with Smurfs view or my view of the game. My brother and I are normally diametrically opposed as regards the game, the players and the state of the club. Who is right? Probably none of us. It will be somewhere between the two opinions. That's part of the beauty of this wonderful game and supporting this great club of ours which we all fervently care about. Ray is a fan first and foremost. I respect his right to hold a differing view to me. I suspect he regrets his choice of words regarding 'foreigners ' which I believe he said in the heat of the moment and was not meant in the spirit it had been taken on this forum. It will take the new players not used to the pace of the game here a while to acclimatise to it. The game for the first 30 minutes was crap but was very good after that. Ray and any other appraiser are there to be shot at. That is what they are paid for.

Archived