onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Port Vale v Southend Utd

robf

I have a feeling for 0-0 or 0-1. It's not me being negative, and I did think defensively we looked pretty solid at Bradford although Carlisle, from the highlights, looked something of a horror show. I have a feeling Bruno will again start with just one up front, certainly first half. I'm sure Ranger tore us apart For Swindon a year or two ago and even if it's as a sub, I have a feeling he'll score today.

Advert

Southend will treat us like a fish, we're in for a battering. We won't score in a million years and will have about 6 points on the board by Christmas. I'm completely outside my comfort zone with all these Johnny Foreigner players and manager and can't see how they can possibly be as good as a team of British-only players. Just because it works in the Premier League doesn't mean it'll work anywhere else. I wish I hadn't bought another season ticket now, I'd be much happier listening to the radio commentary and moaning my bag off to the missus. I could be first on the post match phone in too.

Southend will treat us like a fish, we're in for a battering. We won't score in a million years and will have about 6 points on the board by Christmas. I'm completely outside my comfort zone with all these Johnny Foreigner players and manager and can't see how they can possibly be as good as a team of British-only players. Just because it works in the Premier League doesn't mean it'll work anywhere else. I wish I hadn't bought another season ticket now, I'd be much happier listening to the radio commentary and moaning my bag off to the missus. I could be first on the post match phone in too.

I'll have a pre-match pint where you drink. You sound a right barrel full laughs! Oh, don't forget change your knickers before you leave. They are in a bit of a twist.

Already a 'must win' game, Vale need to lay down a marker for the fans and for themselves.

Southend have already conceded six goals but have also managed to outscore the Vale thus far.

We need to attack from the off and get right in their faces, not allow them time on the ball and hopefully score early and get the home crowd behind them.

A 3-1 win and a spot either in or very near the top-six will send me home happy :)

Christ almighty, must win in the second league game of the season.

And they've managed to 'outscore' us by a single goal.

I think I'll be swerving this website for a week unless we win 3-0.

I'm gonna go for a 2-0 win today.

Cicilia and Foley to score.

Ideally be Cicilia and Hooper up top but can't see that happening, specially first half. Changing formation will be a formality after we struggle a bit first half I fear.

Want to see tavares come back in as well, pre season he looked decent and the quality is deffo there, just needs game time.

UTV

If this is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing.

Anxiety is an inevitable feature at the start of any season.

With the events of the summer this has increased accordingly.

Everyone is looking for signs of stability and progress to settle themselves down.

I suspect there will be a longer than usual bedding in period this season.

So expect lots of bi polar activity on here

If this is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing.

If you think that is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing!

It just shows the level of moaning that goes on that anyone could be unsure of the sarcasm in my post, which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

In all honesty I'm unsure what to expect today, I thought we looked very solid at Bradford but unlikely to score in a month of Sundays but it's a very new team and we need to give them 5-6 games before making any firm judgements, good or bad.

dream many have to sign a 20 goal a season goal scorer. Lot of clubs with much bigger fan base than ours looking in that direction. Our hope is to pick up an unproven forward and develop him. I know a lot want instant success. So would I but the last 16 years have not brought much joy. So I let's give Smurff a chance, any new angle is a chance we take. But the more supporters that buy into it the more chance of success, together we can succeed keep the faith.

If you think that is a serious post then I'm really sorry. How embarrassing!

It just shows the level of moaning that goes on that anyone could be unsure of the sarcasm in my post, which is exactly the point I was trying to make.

In all honesty I'm unsure what to expect today, I thought we looked very solid at Bradford but unlikely to score in a month of Sundays but it's a very new team and we need to give them 5-6 games before making any firm judgements, good or bad.

Well I apologise. I honestly thought it was yet another over the top post on here, very over the top haha. And I agree with the rest.

Archived