onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New striker - contenders

robf

There are some really good young players to be had from premier and championship teams and people saying we should not be bringing them in. Coventry brought in Adam Armstrong last year, don't think many would have heard of him before then and a few other really good signings from premier teams in the opening 6 months when they were top of the league.

The year before Swindon nearly got promoted with a large number of unknown young players from the likes of Spurs and Liverpool, Brentford the year before had a number of players from Chelsea and got promoted.

That's what Vale should have been doing in June/July rather than after already signing 14 or so players.

Advert

Who has scouted all the close season signings? Traditionally a club scout then the manager would watch a player numerous times before a decision was made,seems to me its a random thing now, whose available ? How much? You'll do......

I think we've been guilty of this for years, though granted more so this year. A number of times with Adams and page I've wondered if it's agent talk for some of the lazy signings. It's seems the days are gone when the likes of rudge and Williams would travel he length and breadth of the country looking for the diamonds in the rough.

Who has scouted all the close season signings?

Someone who clearly shouldn't be allowed to scout again!! To sign so many players and still not have enough good players to form a conpetitive team is very disappointing. I'd imagine our strikers are low in confidence after hearing we need a proven goal scorer.

And could easily have lost that game as well!

I'd rather we concentrated on replacing the likes of Dodds and Marshall. We have no threat down the wings, not enough pace, and no guile and creativity and goals from centre midfield. The players in the squad are not creating enough going forwards.

Yet another central striker is pointless. We can have Ronaldo and Zlatan up there but if no-one is getting to the byline or running past them to create chances we can play till midnight and still not score.

We need a good winger and a creative midfield player with an eye for goal.

And to think many folk on here used to criticise Dodds unmercifully. He'd walk into our team on one leg and is exactly the type of player we badly need.

We competed at Bradford, got a good result and could have won it.

So why the desperate and public search for a proven goal scorer? My point is we have signed a lot of players yet Smurf and Bruno say we haven't got enough, despite having 5 strikers on the books. How many more players will we need?

Once again it's been 2 games. Not all strikers have loads of goals by now and most midfielders don't have loads of assists. Let's just give the players a little bit of time ffs. Great result at Bradford and if we win tomorrow no doubt most on here will shut up!

Doddsie scored the other day so now everyone feels the need to say how much we miss him

Sent from my HTC 0PGQ1 using Tapatalk

As there are saying I believe what we are missing is the final ball into the strikers and the support for them. If we are to sign four more players I'd be hoping for a number 10 and a winger permanently and a winger and a full back on loan.

If we could have Dodds, Marshall and Andoh back we'd be on to something. I'm not one for going back for old players but as a previous poster has pointed out: we haven't replaced these.

Doddsie scored the other day so now everyone feels the need to say how much we miss him

Norman said he didn't want Dodds to leave. Does anyone know what efforts were made to keep him? I'm not saying no effort was made, I'm just asking.

Norman said he didn't want Dodds to leave. Does anyone know what efforts were made to keep him? I'm not saying no effort was made, I'm just asking.

Maybe reasonable effort was made to keep a reasonable player, we move on

As there are saying I believe what we are missing is the final ball into the strikers and the support for them. If we are to sign four more players I'd be hoping for a number 10 and a winger permanently and a winger and a full back on loan.

If we could have Dodds, Marshall and Andoh back we'd be on to something. I'm not one for going back for old players but as a previous poster has pointed out: we haven't replaced these.

Did we not replace Marshall with Andoh?

But was not the managerial situation uncertain at the time? Would Bruno have convinced him to stay. Water under the bridge though.

Archived