onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

robf

Advert

I'd be supprised if he just goes with one striker next week but with a decent result I suppose nobody deserves be dropped.

No. That was Adams and Page tactics: get a decent result, then keep the same side next week. Those days are gone I think.

Hopefully it will now be a case that if we keep the same side after a good result, it will be because Bruno thinks that that is the right side for that game, not because it was the right side for the previous game!

First time i have seen any if the new lads.

First if all, had we nicked it, it would have been a real smash and grab but we had the chance to.

The back 4 were immense. Smith and Streete played like a real partnership. Considering the grief Streete has been getting at times, i thought he was superb today.

Grant, Foley and Tavares are going to be 3 very important players for us this season. However on that showing i would be surprised to see Granty here in September.

Bruno has said he now is after a winger and a goalscorer. Great news. Because it is most definately needed.

De Freitas is not a winger. I suspect he was there for the defensive side of things and he put in a great shift to his credit but there was nothing creative from him.

Thomas was average but thats to be expected. Obviously not fully fit yet.

If i was Forrester or Hooper i would be banging on the managers door on Monday morning. How Cicilia gets in ahead of them on that showing is anyones guess.

The lad hardly won a header. Couldnt hold the ball up. Didnt run in behind. Offered absolutely no goal threat whatsoever. Their number 22 was redundant for an hour until he eventually got subbed to some ironic cheers.

On that showing he wll be lucky to play next week. I thought he was garbage. Yes, i know he was on his own up top but he couldnt do the basics. I lost count the times he lost the ball.

Mbamba actually had a decent cameo. Worked really hard. Was positive and nearly won it! And what a ball by Tavares!

Being totally honest they rarely threatened where you felt they would score but had a lot of corners and balls in the box. Which is a credit to the defence, who, to a man, were superb.

The game as a spectacle was dire. But i felt the last ten minutes we actually looked a good outfit. The previous 80 we hung in there, rarely threatened and gave the ball away way too much.

Ive learned today that of the new lads there doesnt seem to be that standout like what we saw with Enoch. However, Tavares is class at times. Just got a little bit lost at times today though but obviously will adapt to the pace of the English game.

Pleased with a point. I would have taken that all day long this morning. Over the moon with the defence, Grant, Foley and Tavares. I feel them 3 are key. Very concerned about our front 3 and Cicilia especially but having heard Bruno say he wants to improve in there areas its good to hear.

Thought we would get tonked or tonk them. Neither happened and a point was very well deserved if only for the sheer effort the lads put in. We were very organised.

A standing ovation for the lads at the end was great to see as it will build confidence. The fans really stuck by the team today.

Im probably not as happy as Bruno. Sometimes we looked very amateurish but in the grand scheme of things these lads have come to Bradford in front of 18000, most making their debuts, some young players, and they have come away with a point without Alnwick having to do that much.

Plenty to work on but with a winger and a striker and hopefully two up top next Saturday at home, we can certainly improve and you just never know what lies ahead.

Heres hoping.

Agree about Streete and Smith. Outstanding performance from the pair of them which shows why Bruno and not Michael is our manager!

A rather scrappy game in truth but a very decent point to start with. Onwards and upwards.

Those two could be fantastic given their age. I thought they were both brilliant and performed as if they'd been playing there for years.

I think at home we should go with Forrester and Hooper up top, at least until someone ls brought in. Cicilia is still young and needs to bed in, it's unfair to play him as a lone striker and expect big things from him, and also unrealistic. Southend got slapped today so we should go for the jugular in our first home game next Saturday. I don't think we're a side that will score a bagful of goals this season but if we defend as a team like we did today then we'll be a hard team to be throughout the campaign, and one goal will be enough to win us plenty of games. I think Bruno already showed more in regards to the tactics side to the game than Page ever did. That's not a dig at Page, but he really didn't have much of a clue away from home.

Think it was a bit of an odd one today. It seemed quite passionless both on the pitch and in the stands, although I imagine the latter was due to people trying to gauge what the new players were like. I did think we missed Dicko, not so much as a player but more because of that much maligned fist pumping hollering thing he did. It felt at times like a friendly and even the chants of 'get into 'em' were a little half assed. When the crowd became more involved, the players seemed to put more in. Not bad, not great. The defence was good, Grant best player on the pitch by a mile, total lack of a cutting edge though and there was practically nothing that got me on my feet. Still, early days and a good point.

Outstanding back four. I was doubtful about Streete's selection but he fully justified his position today. Goalkeeper needs to support his back four by coming out, catching the ball and defusing difficult situations. Grant was Grant - need I say more. Link from defence to attack is not working well. Tavares and De Freitas were clearly surprised by the speed with which they were closed down and the wings were not working. If Thomas wants to play on the left wing he must learn to kick with his left foot. A lone front man must be supported. At the moment Cicilia is trying to control the ball and look for a pass and there is no time for that. The late, great Freddie Steele used to head the ball out to right or left wing without looking and rely on his wingers to be there. He taught Basil Hayward to do the same thing and Askey or Cunliffe obliged. Maybe a different game today but we badly need men anticipating Ciclia's (or other front men's) headers. Overall a promising start against a fairly poor but tough Bradford team with lessons to be learned.

Think it was a bit of an odd one today. It seemed quite passionless both on the pitch and in the stands, although I imagine the latter was due to people trying to gauge what the new players were like. I did think we missed Dicko, not so much as a player but more because of that much maligned fist pumping hollering thing he did. It felt at times like a friendly and even the chants of 'get into 'em' were a little half assed. When the crowd became more involved, the players seemed to put more in. Not bad, not great. The defence was good, Grant best player on the pitch by a mile, total lack of a cutting edge though and there was practically nothing that got me on my feet. Still, early days and a good point.

disagree, dont see how we missed dicko, the player's and bruno all looked up at us and clapped us, that's good enough for me, knops was first class, read the game very well, and as for passion there was plenty of vocal from vale, plenty of referee this and that, i think some people are being very picky, weve got a point at a ground we lost at last season, positives already.

Archived