onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke: Norman Smurthwaite and Bruno Ribeiro live on air

robf

Advert

Page is not exactly endearing himself to the Northampton fans with their pre-season friendlies so far they've had a few drubbings to non-league opposition so far and faces a 'fans forum' tonight!!

I know it's a bit off topic here, but despite losing to 3 non-league sides, they've also beaten Wolves & drawn to QPR. Funny that those 2 good results have come at home, & all the losses have come away :laugh: possibly a trend?

I know it's a bit off topic here, but despite losing to 3 non-league sides, they've also beaten Wolves & drawn to QPR. Funny that those 2 good results have come at home, & all the losses have come away :laugh: possibly a trend?

I wonder if he is sticking with "we go again" or hes using another "catch phrase?"

This business about going abroad for players and foreign managers and trying to be different and looking at it from other angles, its refreshing to note that when Stoke were taken over from Coates in the 90's they did the exact same thing in bringing in Thordasson and later Boskamp and all the icelandic and foreign players in and much was said on the Oatcake at the time but after 3 years they did manage to gain promotion albeit from the 1st to the Championship but it proved it could work

Now having seen the majority of the new players in action over the course of the last 3 weeks I think there are some really good players amongst them just because they are foreign doesn't mean that they can't play a bit!!

Some are maybe what you call 'chancers' but they are young and have a desire to want to get better and hopefully progress in the English leagues

There is as a lot are commenting either on here or the worst one Facebook quite a few 'moaners' who just are not happy with anything Norman does and can't WAIT for to all go **** up.....and the best bit is we haven't even kicked a ball in anger in the league yet!!!

What we need as supporters is to get behind the players and Norman and roar on the lads to show them that we have the passion for this to work

It still maybe work in progress as yet and we need to give them all time to gel together have a look after a few weeks and see where things need to be tweeked!!

UTV

I dont think anyone has said the foreign players cant play have they ?

If they do fail, then we have them for two years and I dont think its unfair that some are concerned.

Apologies if this has been linked already but does anyone have access to this interview? On holiday at the moment so not able to tune in to RS. Would have been perfect if I was to get this kind of thing available with my valiant player subscription.

It seems that all in all it was a pretty positive interview judging by the comments on here. I know Boot gets a mention of a loan move from Bruno but what about the likes of Kelly/Lloyd/Gibbons/Reeves?[/quote

Google Radio Stoke.The interview is on for another month.

Apologies if this has been linked already but does anyone have access to this interview? On holiday at the moment so not able to tune in to RS. Would have been perfect if I was to get this kind of thing available with my valiant player subscription.

It seems that all in all it was a pretty positive interview judging by the comments on here. I know Boot gets a mention of a loan move from Bruno but what about the likes of Kelly/Lloyd/Gibbons/Reeves?

Not sure if it works abroad but click on the 'Sport at Six' listing and you should be about to get it from there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radiostoke/programmes/schedules/2016/08/02

In terms of signing a player I heard many contradictions, a goal scoring forward, a winger, we haven't got a left back, the budget is spent, I was unsure who was running the football side of the club. Who signs a player with an Achilles problem and at the same time lets a decent left back, Captain of the club and talisman on the field leave.

Never have I been so far apart from the Vale Manager/Chairman on the prospects for the club for an upcoming season, I hope they are right.

Have just listened to it and overall I thought it was quite positive. I'm wondering if one of the reasons so few questions were asked is because of rather than giving short answers Norman especially gave quite lengthy answers.

The one thing that did confuse me (it doesn't take much I know) is that Bruno was saying how good Cecelia was and he was sure he would get goals for us, then talked about how we still needed a proven goalscorer.

I'm not knocking the two from Vale but the whole structure of the programme was pretty useless I thought. Too much other stuff rather than talking football. It gets on your nerves - music, travel, news, traffic, music, jingles, etc. The questions too from Lee B were generally poor, topped off by his silliness about Bruno being 'appy.

I found it poor fare overall.

Bruno's English isn't yet the best, which doesn't help. The only bit of information I really learned from it was to confirm that Loza wasn't staying but the 'keeper was.

The rest of it wasn't very enlightening.

Maybe it helps if there's only one person being interviewed and not two at once. But, like the ITV channels, I guess there was no more than 25 minutes football discussion out of a 60 minute programme, if you take out the 'adverts'.

Well after listening last night i was quietly positive but oh my word come on here and its doom and gloom AGAIN,can the Chairman or manager say anything without so much negativity,the last owners screwed us over,yes Norman has been an idiot and done some idiotic things and opened his gob on to many occasions BUT how refreshing to hear a Chairman and manager bigging the club up,so Bruno wants to fill the stadium,it more than likely wont happen but whats wrong with that vision?? so smurf wants to sell players on and invest it back into the team..whats wrong with having that vision,shall we just get back to little Port Vale plodding along or crack on and TRY to make this club great again,Smurf and Bruno say they want Championship football.....well come on listen to the moaners who seem to like the we go again or we are we are attitude....for gawds sake lets all get a grip and for once just try to stick together and join as one and help us to get to where we want to be.

I might stay off here Saturday night should we lose........

Archived