onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Miguel Santos

Walka003

I can't understand the logic of this to be honest. Santos is a 21 year old keeper with Reserve team experience and we seem to be bringing him in to act as understudy instead of Boot, a 21 year old keeper with Reserve team experience? What message is this sending to our own young players? Seems a bit daft to me.

I see the logic here, boot obviously has talent and being an understudy for Alnwick and playing reserve football might not be best for his development, 12months loan to a conference side will benefit him and Vale more long term

Advert

Curiouser and Curiouser .........................Page got it in the neck from Smurf because he wasted the budget last year and he vowed this time we would go for quality over quantity,I sincerely hope this experiment works I really do.

Curiouser and Curiouser .........................Page got it in the neck from Smurf because he wasted the budget last year and he vowed this time we would go for quality over quantity,I sincerely hope this experiment works I really do.

I have only seen one friendly so far against Brum but also talking to people who have seen a few,we are in agreement that we haven't noticed one poor signing as yet,they can all play(although we cant forget that we haven't seen them in league action yet),so far it appears he can spot a player,i am quietly confident we can do as well as last season which considering the overall would be a good achievement and a base to push on from.

I would though like to see Smith,Foley and Grant(if he wants that now) to be given extended contracts now and not wait until the summer again

I can't understand the logic of this to be honest. Santos is a 21 year old keeper with Reserve team experience and we seem to be bringing him in to act as understudy instead of Boot, a 21 year old keeper with Reserve team experience? What message is this sending to our own young players? Seems a bit daft to me.

I think him playing Smith and Gibbons will show more to the younger players tbh Jean,maybe he just doesn't like a few things in the keepers and wants to get them loan experience and he might know more about santos than us,i cant fault his signings so far

I think Bruno hinted at was Santos would come for 12 months , then we'll see.He said he was a very good goalkeeper.Cecilia gave an interview after the game on RS.He said the new players are staying at a hotel together, they're getting used to the area , food etc.Everyone is getting on and are very appy.

I'd say the big lack of competition is in the forward line, not not in goal. At the end of the day, any new player is going to cost money and paying numerous duff goalkeepers a wage to challenge Alwick only stops us from putting that little bit extra towards say Pope returning....

With loza we now have 5 forwards. That is more than enough. Id prefer if Pope didn't return to be honest.

With loza we now have 5 forwards. That is more than enough. Id prefer if Pope didn't return to be honest.

I think Loza might be utilised as a winger rather than a striker, he played on the right when he came on yesterday and did well. But I agree about Pope though.

I think Loza might be utilised as a winger rather than a striker, he played on the right when he came on yesterday and did well. But I agree about Pope though.

Yeah I agree, even so he's still potentially another forward. I think we're fine up top personally, still think hooper will have a decent season.

When asked on Twitter Smurf said the new keeper would be a investment for the future. So is he going be a perm signing rather than a loan

It's ok to sign prospects for the future just as long as we don't release them after 12 months or offer them reduced contracts like we have done for every other prospect.

Archived