• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

New signing?

valiant_593

Advert:

Unless Grant going Burton. Smurf is mates with the Burton Chairman.

The other week I was working and the only way I could keep upto date with the Kidsgrove v Vale score was listen to the Burton v Stoke game. Matt Sandoz reckoned Burton had signed a player for £500k. How the hell can they afford that.

Because the Championship tv money has gone up to 7m this season.

Amazing how we sign a potentially decent 20 year old from the same league as us last season and he gets questioned, yet unknown foreign players from less competitive leagues get welcomed in with open arms as though they are superstars.

Normans got into your heads.

Think logically.

Advert:

Amazing how we sign a potentially decent 20 year old from the same league as us last season and he gets questioned, yet unknown foreign players from less competitive leagues get welcomed in with open arms as though they are superstars.

Think logically.

That hasn't really happened though has it?

Strange signing to me not played many games even though he is highly recomended. We now have 13 midfielders in our squad which is far too many. Smurf said we couldnt aford tysons wages but surely we could have been better off signing tyson and putting this guys wages towards paying his wage even if its 500 pounds a week its something. I think id prefer a signing like tyson a player that can come in and do the business now not another young lad chancer for the future who we no nothing about and probably wont play many games.

Because now we have cover for Grant / Brown for prob peanuts of a weekly wage. (Burton wouldn't of paid much), and a future sell on fee.

Tyson would of prob wanted a hell of a lot more for no future profit as he's nearly 105.

Smurf isn't as daft as some think.

Advert:

Think logically.

I don't think it's the player himself that is getting questioned, more the position he plays in. Had it been another foreign import who was a midfielder I think he would be getting the same reaction.

I'm sure he is a good player but why another midfielder? Why not a striker, winger or a defender? I think that's why people are questioning the signing. It's a good signing but in arguably our strongest position.

Think logically.

To be fair Spunkers, the lad never played in league 1 last season and went back to non league on loan. To say he came from the same league we are in is a bit misleading, therefore, as he has never played in it. He could be a good signing given time, but people who are posting he is cover for experienced players like Brown and Grant need to give their heads a wobble.

To be fair Spunkers, the lad never played in league 1 last season and went back to non league on loan. To say he came from the same league we are in is a bit misleading, therefore, as he has never played in it. He could be a good signing given time, but people who are posting he is cover for experienced players like Brown and Grant need to give their heads a wobble.
Who's head would you like to give a wobble Tim lad?

Advert:

I don't think it's the player himself that is getting questioned, more the position he plays in. Had it been another foreign import who was a midfielder I think he would be getting the same reaction.

I'm sure he is a good player but why another midfielder? Why not a striker, winger or a defender? I think that's why people are questioning the signing. It's a good signing but in arguably our strongest position.

We already have 4 forwards.. I'd say we need another winger and defender. Norman has said 1 more to sign and then onto loans.

Archived