• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

New signing?

valiant_593

Signed a one year deal,that hardly makes him one for the future..?

Maybe it's to inspire him on to proove he really he is one for the future and make him earn another twelve month's afterwards, it's easy to describe someone as 'one for the future' and just dish out cushy three year contracts.

Advert:

I think Norman made it clear that we are not going to sign Tyson because he wants too much and probably not going to sign Pope either unless Bury reduce their wage demands very substantially.

He reckoned yesterday that we're signing two more players (Ferguson is one) and maybe a couple of loans on top, and that's that.

I'd guess the other one will be a full back, if Yates is out and Kiko hasn't played much.

We've then got over 30 players and Bruno will have to decide who makes the first team squad and who perhaps goes out on loan for 6/12 months.

This lad has got bags of potential but looks like he's lost his way a bit. A decent shout I think if we afford him a chance.

Very strange one this, do we even need another midfielder let alone one that isn't good enough at the moment and described as one for the future? We'll see.

The future is next week.Brown injured and Grant wanting away,we only need another injury then we may be a bit light.

Unless Grant going Burton. Smurf is mates with the Burton Chairman.

The other week I was working and the only way I could keep upto date with the Kidsgrove v Vale score was listen to the Burton v Stoke game. Matt Sandoz reckoned Burton had signed a player for £500k. How the hell can they afford that.

Investing their Championship TV money, loads of sell out gates etc.

Advert:

Advert:

Unless Grant going Burton. Smurf is mates with the Burton Chairman.

The other week I was working and the only way I could keep upto date with the Kidsgrove v Vale score was listen to the Burton v Stoke game. Matt Sandoz reckoned Burton had signed a player for £500k. How the hell can they afford that.

Errrrrr. Because they are in the championship!!

The money is there!

If he has so much potential,why did Burton let him go ?

I would imagine we must have paid a fee due to his age and seeing as he didn't play for Burton in L1 they probably think he's not going to play in the Championship so have got him off their wage bill as they are probably operating on a very tight budget just to hopefully compete at Championship level.

More and more I'm getting the impression we've been signing players with the hope they can be developed and sold on for profit rather than signing players we know will get us 'in the top 6' as Norm states is the aim. Hopefully they'll be good enough but we really will have to wait and see, in my view friendlies don't tell you too much.

Wonder if this lad is any good at full back, either side, given how thin we are for cover there with Yates and Kiko crocked, especially Yatesy?

More and more I'm getting the impression we've been signing players with the hope they can be developed and sold on for profit rather than signing players we know will get us 'in the top 6' as Norm states is the aim. Hopefully they'll be good enough but we really will have to wait and see, in my view friendlies don't tell you too much.

This definitely seems like what is happening with some of these signings. They are young and arguably too inexperienced to be pushing for the first team.

Wonder if this lad is any good at full back, either side, given how thin we are for cover there with Yates and Kiko crocked, especially Yatesy?

We've only got purkiss, kiko and gibbons as recognised full backs. Of those 2 have never played a league match in England. So it'll be interesting to see if Bruno sticks with that or gets some cover in.

Strange signing to me not played many games even though he is highly recomended. We now have 13 midfielders in our squad which is far too many. Smurf said we couldnt aford tysons wages but surely we could have been better off signing tyson and putting this guys wages towards paying his wage even if its 500 pounds a week its something. I think id prefer a signing like tyson a player that can come in and do the business now not another young lad chancer for the future who we no nothing about and probably wont play many games.

Advert:

Strange signing to me not played many games even though he is highly recomended. We now have 13 midfielders in our squad which is far too many. Smurf said we couldnt aford tysons wages but surely we could have been better off signing tyson and putting this guys wages towards paying his wage even if its 500 pounds a week its something. I think id prefer a signing like tyson a player that can come in and do the business now not another young lad chancer for the future who we no nothing about and probably wont play many games.

13 midfielders and a shortage of a full back,its like groundhog day last pre season,wonder who will get the blame this time round ?

Archived