onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinelcoverage

I dont know who is to blame, and i'm not any side but I have to comment to Smurfs message above:

Thank you Smurf for reminding us all that the best way to follow my club is to attend!! Unfortunately many of us have other commitments, work, family etc, so we rely on reports in the local paper (especially as the reports on your website are poorly written, if written at all.)

Criticising fans for wanting information about the club they support is frankly insulting, especially when the cause is excerbated by a lack of problem solving skills...

Advert

What do they need to apologise for? This is the most bizarre story I think I've ever seen. You've got hordes of people saying the Sentinel should 'apologise' and how disgusting their actions are and yet no one has ever said what they've done wrong.

They apparently printed something and claimed they did not know it was untrue, the editor contacted the club and agreed to fully investigate this and apologisepubliclly for the mistake.

To date this has not happened so the "Ball" is in their court!

I dont know who is to blame, and i'm not any side but I have to comment to Smurfs message above:

Thank you Smurf for reminding us all that the best way to follow my club is to attend!! Unfortunately many of us have other commitments, work, family etc, so we rely on reports in the local paper (especially as the reports on your website are poorly written, if written at all.)

Criticising fans for wanting information about the club they support is frankly insulting, especially when the cause is excerbated by a lack of problem solving skills...

Where has he criticised fans in those comments for not attending?

The sentinel will, this season, continue to report on the Vale. Whatever means necessary.

Our chairman will continue to block them. Like a petulant little child.

Our chairman cares more about HIS name and NOT the name on the badge of our crest.

I support Port Vale and not Norman Smurthwaite.

Its his choice though, as he owns the club, to make the decisions.

He does need to stop alienating supporters and clients with his gob, though.

If the sentinel had reported negative stories about you and your business for the last 18 months would you be a little bit stubborn? Why is it all one way? Why is it normans grudge? Surely the sentinel who carry on with their cheap digs and negative press should also grow up? As its them who are also detrimental to the old timers as you put it.

Hes the only person to put money into our football club.

Guest TommyMac
They apparently printed something and claimed they did not know it was untrue, the editor contacted the club and agreed to fully investigate this and apologisepubliclly for the mistake.

To date this has not happened so the "Ball" is in their court!

Could be because after the investigation they realised that NOTHING they had printed was untrue. As I've said previously Smurthwaite has jettisoned his toys because the sentinel made a TRUE statement that he didn't want printing.

If the sentinel had reported negative stories about you and your business for the last 18 months would you be a little bit stubborn?

I would agree entirely if the Sentinel had report negative stories about Vale for 18 months but they haven't. Unless you can provide me with links to these negative stories??

And there are several thousand fans who would take issue with your suggestion that Norman is the only man who has put money into the club.

Guest TommyMac
If the sentinel had reported negative stories about you and your business for the last 18 months would you be a little bit stubborn? Why is it all one way? Why is it normans grudge? Surely the sentinel who carry on with their cheap digs and negative press should also grow up? As its them who are also detrimental to the old timers as you put it.

Can you provide links to all these negative stories the Sentinel has printed about Smurthwaite and his business? I'd hazard a guess that anything negative is/was attributed to Smurthwaite's actual words/actions. The Sentinel is a newspaper not a propaganda machine for PVFC or the owner. If Smurthwaite holds a pitchside inquest with Rob Page and boards supporter coaches to tell them Page will be sacked, that is what they should report because that is what actually happened.

If the sentinel had reported negative stories about you and your business for the last 18 months would you be a little bit stubborn? .

Are you saying that if the Sentinel becomes aware of stories/activites at Port Vale that are possibly in some way negative it should not report them? Or are you saying it deliberately reports the negative and withholds the positive? Or that it makes up negative stories or puts a negative spin on stories?

I've no idea as I don't read the Sentinel...neither on paper nor online.

NS like any owner has a certain amount of control over what comes out of the club and so to an extent can put whetever spin he wants on a news item and to an extent can choose to highlight the positive and err..lowlight the negative..he's in charge of the club's PR. Feed the Sentinel lost of positives and see what happens

Tens of 1000s maybe hundreds of 1000s of supporters since 1876 would disagree with you..many 1000s putting money into the club year after year, week after week in more recent times, inclusing this year, would also disagree with you

Afternoon

Few things for your locker

I have never been to an awards night as a Sent guest

On paying they can sit in Press Box they chose not to

They have not invested 1p in the Club in my realm unless you include Baggers bottle of pop/water

They will not be allowed back in unless they apologise so suspect they will not be coming in

As they made their photographer redundant have been usingGerard to save money,l have stopped that now

The best way to follow your Club is to attend not read something in a Newspaper

Please copy and paste that if you will

Thanks

From Norman for the balance!!!

So Norman bans the Sentinel for supposedly a lie, and then lies himself! I can categorically state that Norman has been a guest at a Sentinel awards night, he has been to at least two and I spoke to him at one of them, quite easy to get proof from the Sentinel photo dept. He didn't pay for his own ticket either, no-one does, they are invitation only.

I covered Saturday's game for the Sentinel, paid to get in and then asked if I could go into the press box. I was politely told the Sentinel journalists are not allowed in there, they have certainly not opted not to go in there.

I believe a photographer was made redundant last year, but he did not usually do football and the decision was nothing to do with Gerard taking match photos instead.

Can we expect Norman to issue an apology for a tissue of lies now? Thought not.

Tens of 1000s maybe hundreds of 1000s of supporters since 1876 would disagree with you..many 1000s putting money into the club year after year, week after week in more recent times, inclusing this year, would also disagree with you

where are they now all these 140 year olds? if we had all this cash coming in we would of been in a much better shape for decades, most likely wouldnt of fallen victim to these crook vultures and wouldnt of needed norman today, if he didnt give the club a method for getting cash loan or not, we would of been in alot worse of a situation and our quality of player would of dropped massively, we have a few players now worth hundreds of thousands under contract, realistically we can stay in div one and aim for championship, we would of probably struggled to stay in mid table div 2 without norman lol.

you guys live in a different reality and a different age, i dont know anyone as a guy in my 20s who buys the sentinel that is my age, not even alot of the previous generation i know buy the sentinel. no one really cares, apart from the older generation in the past of the whiners who will cry about anything and everything.

where are they now all these 140 year olds? if we had all this cash coming in we would of been in a much better shape for decades, most likely wouldnt of fallen victim to these crook vultures and wouldnt of needed norman today, if he didnt give the club a method for getting cash loan or not, we would of been in alot worse of a situation and our quality of player would of dropped massively, we have a few players now worth hundreds of thousands under contract, realistically we can stay in div one and aim for championship, we would of probably struggled to stay in mid table div 2 without norman lol.

you guys live in a different reality and a different age, i dont know anyone as a guy in my 20s who buys the sentinel that is my age, not even alot of the previous generation i know buy the sentinel. no one really cares, apart from the older generation in the past of the whiners who will cry about anything and everything.

:laugh: Well, if my peers are anything like me I'd say they do care and are too sage to even think about 'whining'. Also, from a personal point of view the online Sentinel keeps me in touch with the town where I was born :smile:

Archived